Unable to connect, details within

Votra

Retired
Nebulae
Already subbed to all.

Alright here's what I want you to do.

Start up HL2, EP1&2, and CSS. Close out of them once you get to the start menu.

Validate the cache files of Half-Life 2, Episode 1, Episode 2, and CSS. If you have the content downloaded, unzip the RAR they came in and overwrite them with a the new unzipped folder.

Go into the first garrysmod folder and hit FactoryReset-GMod.bat, let that run, then start GMod up, mount your games, close it, let it do its thing.
Open it back up to let it install addons, if it needs to.

If this doesn't work I have one last thing you can try.

YEET

Neutrino
Nebulae
Alright here's what I want you to do.

Start up HL2, EP1&2, and CSS. Close out of them once you get to the start menu.

Validate the cache files of Half-Life 2, Episode 1, Episode 2, and CSS. If you have the content downloaded, unzip the RAR they came in and overwrite them with a the new unzipped folder.

Go into the first garrysmod folder and hit FactoryReset-GMod.bat, let that run, then start GMod up, mount your games, close it, let it do its thing.
Open it back up to let it install addons, if it needs to.

If this doesn't work I have one last thing you can try.
This time it flat-out crashed - no error message, nothing, just right to desktop.

Votra

Retired
Nebulae
This time it flat-out crashed - no error message, nothing, just right to desktop.

If you look at the garry's mod folder, the first one, you should see a crash log?

SpaceInvader

Dutch Ally.
Nebulae
Got the exact same problem as you on my laptop currently. Trying to look for a fix.
Edit: Nevermind it fixed itself

Votra

Retired
Nebulae
Got the exact same problem as you on my laptop currently. Trying to look for a fix.
Edit: Nevermind it fixed itself

Please if you have any information on what you may have done, list it here for this gentleman.

SpaceInvader

Dutch Ally.
Nebulae
Please if you have any information on what you may have done, list it here for this gentleman.
All I do is wait after it craches. It goes from downloading the models and crashing a few times to joining the WW3RP server. All I do is just be patient. Also what I did is going in windows mode instead of full screen as then the game doesn't have to be alt tabbed in when it crashes.

YEET

Neutrino
Nebulae
Okay, there were real tears when this happened.

I kept Task Manager open and ran the game in a window, keeping an eye on CPU and memory usage - and it let me join. I tried to go back into fullscreen, but it crashed.

I was overjoyed, though, and went to rejoin the server - only to have it freeze up again and start playing game sounds at the load screen.

:'<

YEET

Neutrino
Nebulae
Yeah, at this point I'm going to give up. Literally every method I try has failed and the one time I actually got in was sheer luck (and THAT didn't last very long) so.

Thanks for your help, I guess?

Votra

Retired
Nebulae
Yeah, at this point I'm going to give up. Literally every method I try has failed and the one time I actually got in was sheer luck (and THAT didn't last very long) so.

Set the launch options to -windowed -noborder -borderless -novid +mat_dxlevel 95

SpaceInvader

Dutch Ally.
Nebulae
You have the only option to play in windowed and not in full screen. It's probally your hard drive that is causing this since it's the same case for me. All though I can play after 15 minutes of loading and I play it with a lot of lagg. Did you also try to tune down your settings a bit. On my laptop I have everything on very low.

Votra

Retired
Nebulae

I'm gonna find the solution for you.