Serious unofficial HL2RP² launch feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mårten

Atom
Nebulae

I yearn for nightfall filled with naught but the sounds of swamp bugs, birds and the occasional whispers of a horror indescribable by human language that inhabits the Pinsk Marshes

D1F6B58EDE03561AB180A433D0F03A4E4CCE4480

6427BDCEB256A9AE2CFDC777B4C855D39938ED33

414256AED62BE4E57F74AFEDC84152B628F470AA

doesn't that map have 0 suitable locations for bases?

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
doesn't that map have 0 suitable locations for bases?
My brother in Christ you are playing an escaped convict with a travelling band of resistance fighters who have minimum supplies and are fleeing the remaining occupational power through a relentless swamp

do you have time to build complex bases and fortifications?

Reactions: List

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Having the bare minimum in a dark, terrible and suffering-filled setting is more based than mega crypto-castle structures asspulled out of the Q menu, especially if both sides just kinda chill and passive

mårten

Atom
Nebulae
My brother in Christ you are playing an escaped convict with a travelling band of resistance fighters who have minimum supplies and are fleeing the remaining occupational power through a relentless swamp

do you have time to build complex bases and fortifications?
I mean I get what you mean just don't know how viable it is considering all the props that would be needed to be placed down, it's a pretty barren map otherwise.

It would probably work for a slightly smaller playerbase though?

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I mean I get what you mean just don't know how viable it is considering all the props that would be needed to be placed down, it's a pretty barren map otherwise.

It would probably work for a slightly smaller playerbase though?
its a transitional map

not meant to be stayed on for a long time

just so we can go to a different map

mårten

Atom
Nebulae
its a transitional map

not meant to be stayed on for a long time

just so we can go to a different map
fair enough
transitional maps are cool when they're limited to 1 or 2 weeks
not 3 weeks, almost 4, like the metro in last ww3rp

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
fair enough
transitional maps are cool when they're limited to 1 or 2 weeks
not 3 weeks, almost 4, like the metro in last ww3rp
in this case i'd make it like 1-2 days at most lol

its just so it makes sense chronologically and you don't end up in some sprawling metropolis after barely making it out of a drained sea

Nebulae
From the first day the server feels like playing the exact same version that was here before, with barely any improvements (if any) towards the rebelRP scene.
server performance is dog shit, people keep crying about fps and lag issues for literally 4th day straight
I don't know who said it's a good idea to only let rebel groups distribute guns amongst the Rebel scene while giving them 1 gun per member, soft locking out the new players and even the established ones with connections from ever getting a gun.
Dumb idea was also to give event snow-flake rebel characters entity weapons so that others can't get them when they die
Loot spots still give lead pipes, cans of ham and occasional dirty water as per usual
Admins tell us they don't want to spoonfed the community, yet the only thing that average player is really capable of doing is to passiveRP at the camp for 24/7 it seems.
I enjoyed the prison part of the event the most, but there was no help from admins to encourage the end riot (Like enabling NLR rules so people can propely portray what a prison riot would actually looked like) besides spawning people free shivs. The riot sort of just happened without any internal RP from actual rioters.

riot was made entirely from actual players, brother

i planned and gathered it the entire time - it failed ultimately, massively outnumbered by cops since obvs some ppl got scared of pk, others (like me 🆒,) were based fought regardless, but we got saved by mortar strikes on prison which was the only admin-made kinda thingy and freed us all

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Played day 1, disconnected 30 mins in during the ration line cause I got roleplay flashbacks and couldn't be fucked to wait ages for food and then get herded out to the yard

Didn't play yesterday

Today consisted of me spawning into the prison on my day 1 char (cause I DCd in the ration line), went along with it and an admin helped me set up a scenario where I got stuck in a cell during the riots. Cops rescued me and conscripted me for manual labour, tattooed the CMB logo on my forehead and had me dig up some sandbags before tossing me in a cell

Sat around for an hour planning my escape

My escape began during the lighthouse event cause I thought I was gonna die, though I got gunned down by OTA cause a camera picked up my shiv (that doesn't show up on my body) and alerted him to my presence

PKd my char (voulintarily, his story was pmuch over) and that was the end of that char, currently playing a rebel medic

---

anyways background over here's my thoughts

I've always been a Union/Neutral aligned player, and I've never been a big fan of resistance RP, to me it just feels a bit empty/boring in a way and I understand why people like it but meh

I (re)joined too late to play the combine side, "organic" conscription of civvies into the force was over by the time I started playing again which is a bummer, slots seem to have filled up and I'm wayyyy too lazy to write up and wait on an application

I def miss that niche that the UU factions offered, and CPs/OTA have completely walled themselves off from any civvies. With those not really existing I am sort of stuck in the rebel area for the foreseeable future

I understand that the servers going in a different direction though, so I'm not here to complain about it or rally for their reintroduction, and Numbers has expressed that conscripts wont really be making a comeback, but having something small to fill that niche without really having to bother and wait ages would be nice

It looks like a map switch is gonna happen soon anyway, so far its looking pretty good aside from some of the preformance issues

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
to add onto the previous statement i asked to play a stalker, got told you can only do it ICly, alright fine whatever ill do it that way. went to surrender and got gunned down by cops (well, a cop with terrible aim) despite being a pretty obviously unarmed bluesuit, which basically means any and all interactions with that side are pretty much impossible as of now

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
to add onto the previous statement i asked to play a stalker, got told you can only do it ICly, alright fine whatever ill do it that way. went to surrender and got gunned down by cops (well, a cop with terrible aim) despite being a pretty obviously unarmed bluesuit, which basically means any and all interactions with that side are pretty much impossible as of now

some cops are decent and will rp with you and some are weird sticklers craving that 20 FPS S2K fight

I’ve had both and I’ve seen players get both it’s just RNG the quality of the cops vary

Komchan

nen
Nebulae
I understand that the servers going in a different direction though, so I'm not here to complain about it or rally for their reintroduction, and Numbers has expressed that conscripts wont really be making a comeback, but having something small to fill that niche without really having to bother and wait ages would be nice
what if instead of the usual, armed conscript kinda things...There were instead more suicide battalions, like the Soviet (Union) did.

Eg, you strap some IEDs to people and make them attack the enemy, if they survive they get to come back and not get blown up. If not, well, you maybe got the rebels injured.

Say, IEDs that are activated by a radio signal or something, so they can just spam radio signals once the fighting is over, blowing up any survivors that didn't take IEDs off in time

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
what if instead of the usual, armed conscript kinda things...There were instead more suicide battalions, like the Soviet (Union) did.

Eg, you strap some IEDs to people and make them attack the enemy, if they survive they get to come back and not get blown up. If not, well, you maybe got the rebels injured.

Say, IEDs that are activated by a radio signal or something, so they can just spam radio signals once the fighting is over, blowing up any survivors that didn't take IEDs off in time
why do we need to have more filler factions

why do we need conscripts

they were never good in any iteration or version that they were implemented in

Komchan

nen
Nebulae

Not a faction or anything

I'm literally saying, strap IED to random captured civilians and make them suicide-run their enemies

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
I'm literally saying, strap IED to random captured civilians and make them suicide-run their enemies
waste of explosives, they'll intentionally kill themselves to avoid blowing up their friends or try and rush cops

set ambushes or trap (immobile) enemy wounded instead

Nebulae

hi i haven't played at all but also yes conscripts were always fodder in every capacity, my genuine reaction to seeing a bunch of easily fodderizable grease gun wielding plebeians entering my immediate vicinity:
38K9QJt.png

Status
Not open for further replies.