Serious unofficial HL2RP² launch feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
My escape began during the lighthouse event cause I thought I was gonna die, though I got gunned down by OTA cause a camera picked up my shiv (that doesn't show up on my body) and alerted him to my presence

I saw the door open before the camera even blipped.

By the time the camera caught on you I was already looking at the door, then you came out and stared at me.

I get you didn't have the best experience but don't make stuff up.

I'm wayyyy too lazy to write up and wait on an application

You didn't even check the application template now, did you? It's like, 3 questions and 2 of them is your name and your steam ID

Reactions: List

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
I saw the door open before the camera even blipped.

By the time the camera caught on you I was already looking at the door, then you came out and stared at me.

I get you didn't have the best experience but don't make stuff up.

You didn't even check the application template now, did you? It's like, 3 questions and 2 of them is your name and your steam ID
i wasnt complaining/making stuff up im fine with dying i knew escaping would practically be a suicide mission, i just thought the reason i alerted the cops was because of the camera blip whyd you take it as an attack on OTA

as for the application yeah im still lazy to fill it in even with 3 questions it wasnt a complaint about the app itself i was just saying im lazy and cant be bothered to fill it in

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
i just thought the reason i alerted the cops was because of the camera blip whyd you take it as an attack on OTA

Where did I say I took it as an attack

You said you were detected because the camera saw the shiv you had hidden in your char as if complaining on the bullshit, when in truth the OTA saw you before the camera even looked your way. I know this because I was the soldier, lmfao.

And man sorry I thought you were complaining, your post is really bitter so it really seemed like a complaint, so of course I corrected the one thing you were wrong about, and that's about it.

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
Played day 1, disconnected 30 mins in during the ration line cause I got roleplay flashbacks and couldn't be fucked to wait ages for food and then get herded out to the yard

Didn't play yesterday

Today consisted of me spawning into the prison on my day 1 char (cause I DCd in the ration line), went along with it and an admin helped me set up a scenario where I got stuck in a cell during the riots. Cops rescued me and conscripted me for manual labour, tattooed the CMB logo on my forehead and had me dig up some sandbags before tossing me in a cell

Sat around for an hour planning my escape

My escape began during the lighthouse event cause I thought I was gonna die, though I got gunned down by OTA cause a camera picked up my shiv (that doesn't show up on my body) and alerted him to my presence

PKd my char (voulintarily, his story was pmuch over) and that was the end of that char, currently playing a rebel medic

---

anyways background over here's my thoughts

I've always been a Union/Neutral aligned player, and I've never been a big fan of resistance RP, to me it just feels a bit empty/boring in a way and I understand why people like it but meh

I (re)joined too late to play the combine side, "organic" conscription of civvies into the force was over by the time I started playing again which is a bummer, slots seem to have filled up and I'm wayyyy too lazy to write up and wait on an application

I def miss that niche that the UU factions offered, and CPs/OTA have completely walled themselves off from any civvies. With those not really existing I am sort of stuck in the rebel area for the foreseeable future

I understand that the servers going in a different direction though, so I'm not here to complain about it or rally for their reintroduction, and Numbers has expressed that conscripts wont really be making a comeback, but having something small to fill that niche without really having to bother and wait ages would be nice

It looks like a map switch is gonna happen soon anyway, so far its looking pretty good aside from some of the preformance issues
me and bdb went at like 1am to the prison to give ourselves up and got taken in, but that's 3am rp levels of stuff so honestly like shrug
i would legitimately just ask staff or someone to start in the prison so u can be stalkerized heck you can just say u were captured overnight i'm honestly pondering doing it to have a stalker or something

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Where did I say I took it as an attack

You said you were detected because the camera saw the shiv you had hidden in your char as if complaining on the bullshit, when in truth the OTA saw you before the camera even looked your way. I know this because I was the soldier, lmfao.

And man sorry I thought you were complaining, your post is really bitter so it really seemed like a complaint, so of course I corrected the one thing you were wrong about, and that's about it.
why do people always think im being bitter when i write about my experiences do i just type like that, this is like the second time in the past month

i was just speculating at how the ota found me im not omnipotent to know he heard the door and not the camera beep its not that important anyway

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
why do people always think im being bitter when i write about my experiences do i just type like that, this is like the second time in the past month

i was just speculating at how the ota found me im not omnipotent to know he heard the door and not the camera beep its not that important anyway

you really do sound really bitter dude ahahahhaa idk maybe it's the choice of words or the wording idfk

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae

its cuz we share a birthday i think one night after a really bad day both of us chanted to ourselves in bed in a fit of rage I HATE IT HERE!! I WISH I LIVED IN THE UNITED STATES / MACEDONIA!! and our bodies swapped so now ur considered toxic

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Well I've solidified my opinion, I'm loving it. Had my own blackhawk down scenario running across the wastes being chased by rebels.

I missed the first extraction, on my getaway being chased I saw the second extractions take off infront of me and finally, injured the last extraction comes to pick me up and I get shot in the back a meter before the door.

I loved it all and my heart was racing for 5-10 minutes after

Last edited:

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
The hammer of the Combine hits like a truck, evidently. I was getting disoriented with the map layout (the Combine has a massive depot right next to the rebel dwelling, but they also appeared like a horde from the opposite end of the map), and even as I retreated from the firefight, one of the APCs rushed us and completely splattered me during the split-second I pondered "Can my SWEP hurt that thing?"

Komchan

nen
Nebulae
The hammer of the Combine hits like a truck, evidently. I was getting disoriented with the map layout (the Combine has a massive depot right next to the rebel dwelling, but they also appeared like a horde from the opposite end of the map), and even as I retreated from the firefight, one of the APCs rushed us and completely splattered me during the split-second I pondered "Can my SWEP hurt that thing?"
was terrifying lmao

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
that firefight just now was fucking amazing

please post any screens or video in the screenshot thread

here's the song:

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
For future reference, I'd like to know if Vortigaunts can actually damage APCs. Up until now, I've treated things like striders, choppers, gunships and dropships as the staff OOCly telling me "Okay dude, time to back off", since I know for certain that they cannot be damaged. APCs are kind of a question mark in that regard. I have no idea if they take damage from anything besides explosives, and going off the first impression, they are given carte blanche to drive as close up in the rebels' faces as they desire.

tl:dr; Firsthand experience, preconceptions and lack of information give me mixed signals how I'm supposed to react to APCs as a Vortigaunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.