Serious unofficial HL2RP² launch feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
The reasons why the rebels are so heavily disorganized right now was because there wasn't an official rebel faction, nor planned beforehand in the relaunch.

The CP remnants have actively played by admins, with Numbers commanding squads of them, whilst all of the rebel players are left with a bolly ball and with the occasional series of supply drop events. Of course people will be clueless on what to even do against the enemy faction.

Because rebels do not play well when you force them into a structure and tell them to do things. They absolutely don't like it if an admin leads them to a loss of gear or a loss in general.

An official rebel faction turns this from an asymetric experience that lets rebels be creative into one where they're going to sit back and look to staff to lead them. The reason cops don't do the same is because cops have operated under this exact sort of system for years and years.

Reactions: List
Nebulae
2Ijcfpj.png

crying-tears.gif

im getting emotional at the acceptance I'm experiencing

doomer-wojak.gif

tfw getting more validation as a space worm than a real human being

Tyrone

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae

they don't know we are nearing the stalingrad arc, where rebels are closing in on cp holdouts. OTA seen committing suicide due to their impending doom. everything is cut off

rebels resort to eating rats as they go through the city looking for cops to shoot and eat. every corner is deadly, bandits live here, headcrabs of all kinds. zombies, zombines.

renegade bands of OTA turn on their garrisons to find purpose in a purposeless resistance. it all crumbles in the end

4 more map rotations

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
rebels are closing in on cp holdouts. OTA seen committing suicide due to their impending doom. everything is cut off
berlin holdout moment

I live to see the few remaining transhumans running at rebel columns, empty AR2's by their side and grenades in their hands

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
People play to do things. If they can't do things, why play?

trials and tribulations build character
you're here to build a character
a story
a long streak of failure makes eventual success all the sweeter

hold on

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
People play to do things. If they can't do things, why play?
if everyone acted the same way, the first batch of cops they wiped out would be here ranting and raving

it's a bit ridiculous when they had the luxury of choice; the choice to scrap the vehicle (instead of it just being gone), the choice to take what they could, the choice to fight instead of running, the choice of being there to begin with.

yes, there's anger from being curbed into a corner of the map, but that came as a consequence of prior events. there are ways to fight back, people are working on stuff, but it's not something I can openly shout here because I'd rather people didn't stare at my points and decide to metagame.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
hold on, a truck

john doe like a fucking 3 year old seeing a candy store whenever he spots anything vaguely new
drops whatever he's doing and just runs at it

stg someone had to tackle him out of the way because he was playing chicken with a moving truck

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
yes, there's anger from being curbed into a corner of the map, but that came as a consequence of prior events.
We're not disagreeing there. When you have several failures, it stacks up the amount of bitterness felt as well. You can't logic away emotions. Doesn't help that it's very hard to organize rebel activity, so figuring out what works and what doesn't work gets lost over time.

And you can't blame rebels for lack of creativity. Depot assault was a bit overt to put it mildly, but they've tried a lot of other things as well: destroying the spire, dismantling a node, recovering an APC as mentioned before. None of these really worked out, hence people's exasperation.

Edit: Though, at this point I think the staff's well-acquainted with the emotional aspect on the rebel side of things, so I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
just going back to this

the one fucking guy you spend 60-70% of the game going to rescue out of the citadel, you blow a whole ass citadel up in the process of rescuing him, millions dying, get him secured in a bunker

and he still fucking dies by the end of episode 2 to a force outside of gordon's control

valve is literally the event team, handing out even harsher L's by pking rebel leads on the fly
Reminder that Alyx also just gets randomly PK'd by a hunter in outlands and is only saved by a vortigaunt event that you just know the union players absolutely seethed over later on

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Reminder that Alyx also just gets randomly PK'd by a hunter in outlands and is only saved by a vortigaunt event that you just know the union players absolutely seethed over later on

tbf Alyx did roll under 50 which means the event runner has complete right and authority to immediately murder the character

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Yeah I remember the one time I let people do something cool and organic, some people got mad. Ford's revival I think it was

Never again... :steamsad:

I did see the merit in the complaints, but like I just wanted to do smth cool for players who were invested in the server at the time ig

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
I did see the merit in the complaints, but like I just wanted to do smth cool for players who were invested in the server at the time ig
ford getting revived only to get shot dead by an event character was just the universe course-correcting itself

Status
Not open for further replies.