Serious unofficial HL2RP² launch feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Also memes aside, please pull up your copies of the HL3 script by our lord and saviour Marc Laidlaw and navigate to the 10th paragraph and read what I quote:
I was left alone, riding the weaponized luxury liner into the heart of a Combine world. An immense light blazed. I caught a cosmic view of a brilliantly glittering Dyson sphere. The vastness of the Combine’s power, the futility of our struggle, blossomed briefly in my awareness. I saw everything. Mainly I saw how the Borealis, our most powerful weapon, would register as less than a fizzling matchhead as it blew itself apart.

Humanity's literal greatest weapon was barely a flicker of light in the sea of the Combine's power. I am a rebel player and will always be (mainly because I refuse to learn radio codes for I find they insist upon themselves) but outside of the occasional won skirmish, the fleeting moments of happiness, I know the only real way we 'win' is by hiding and trying our best to defend ourselves and just enjoying what time we have.

Reactions: List

Deleted member 374

jesus christ denton
Nebulae
Also memes aside, please pull up your copies of the HL3 script by our lord and saviour Marc Laidlaw and navigate to the 10th paragraph and read what I quote:

Humanity's literal greatest weapon was barely a flicker of light in the sea of the Combine's power. I am a rebel player and will always be (mainly because I refuse to learn radio codes for I find they insist upon themselves) but outside of the occasional won skirmish, the fleeting moments of happiness, I know the only real way we 'win' is by hiding and trying our best to defend ourselves and just enjoying what time we have.
weak

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
I know the only real way we 'win' is by hiding and trying our best to defend ourselves and just enjoying what time we have.
you're thinking of terminatorRP

the combine's greatest weapon was their way to transport forces to earth; regardless of intent by the end of hl2 there is no way to do that

ep1/ep2 have their vain attempts, but there will be no reinforcements, no further support. the remnants are just like the enclave, without their main linchpin of power, left to slowly wither and die.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
you're thinking of terminatorRP

the combine's greatest weapon was their way to transport forces to earth; regardless of intent by the end of hl2 there is no way to do that

ep1/ep2 have their vain attempts, but there will be no reinforcements, no further support. the remnants are just like the enclave, without their main linchpin of power, left to slowly wither and die.
I absolutely agree with you, as the canon ending is that the Combine do lose and probably because of this, but let me tell you tryna gat a strider with the 9 milly ain't gonna do it

jerry

B A N N E D
Nebulae
ignore all objectives and tunnel vision your characters into getting as many sick frags as possible

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
man
on one hand I want to be heroic and do daring shit like lure hunters and striders away from people

on the other I’m cripplingly attached to my characters and wont leave the shanty town without 6 dudes with guns accompanying me

awful

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
says the guy who kept insisting to visit the haunted house and had to be saved by @Limeao and the rest of us burning it down
i was never gonna enter it and was secretly dreading a /event of john getting pulled inside

that was my courageous act for the night u see

PepicWalrus

Electron
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Damn, mans didn't get this bad boy.
Screenshot_20230125_022403_Steam.jpg

rose tinted glasses

you're ignoring the amount of people that died in the brutality of white forest's siege alone to the seven or so striders that destroy so many of their outposts to shreds

ignoring the fact that the uprising was literally an improvised scenario due to nova prospekt getting boom'd and the subsequent citadel evac was not planned for well either. vortigaunts had to send freeman BACK IN to buy them more time to evacuate just a few more people

and the fact that despite all their efforts, eli vance still dies. the uprising started because gordon freeman went to go save eli vance and he died anyway

so what if x guy had y gun type, you're thinking with the perspective of a hl2rper

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Personally I still feel bad abt @deathwolf 's main being pked by a dude who got perma banned like 2 days later

Like no joke, that was a fucking stupid as fuck scenario
the entire server told me to hold the L and keep the PK I can't think of a single person who said I should take the UnPK

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Personally I still feel bad abt @deathwolf 's main being pked by a dude who got perma banned like 2 days later

Like no joke, that was a fucking stupid as fuck scenario

That's one PK that still baffles me tbh and probably one of the very few that I can say was genuinely a poor call by the PK lads.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
the entire server told me to hold the L and keep the PK I can't think of a single person who said I should take the UnPK
If it's any consolation, after we perma banned him I was seriously considering reaching out and overturning the PK on the grounds that the player came here to intentionally cause trouble.

Only reason I didn't was because I was concerned about the precedent it would set, the PK was technically valid, even though it was bullshit. Then again, that happened sometimes.

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
If it's any consolation, after we perma banned him I was seriously considering reaching out and overturning the PK on the grounds that the player came here to intentionally cause trouble.

Only reason I didn't was because I was concerned about the precedent it would set, the PK was technically valid, even though it was bullshit. Then again, that happened sometimes.
its okay we had the gem that was Renoir's funeral where we literally revived the server for a week, I got to give out scripts at the actual fucking ceremony haha

and Kaligni actually joined back to do /me makes a face like this ;] which I think is fucking hilarious

maxi

maxiboy
Nebulae
renjiro's death was the coolest i'd seen though, witnessing him, i think, commit suicide or something? in the chancellor's office whilst star wars music played was pretty dope

plus wasnt the server on its last legs back then, i think this was pre-nexus outlands event (coronat)

Status
Not open for further replies.