Serious unofficial HL2RP² launch feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Komchan

nen
Nebulae
Yes, actually, I want infighting. I want rebels to kill each other like the savages they have proven to be. And then be at peace until the next warlord comes in or law is established.

WHY ARE YOU ALL BEING NICE, I MEAN I AM PROUD OF YOU FOR NOT MURDERING EACH OTHER FOR PETTY THINGS BUT STILL

no but seriously, in-fighting both rebel and combine side would be nice, ideally a resource to fight over that only some groups could claim might allow that but it’s tricky to plan so I’d have to brainstorm an idea
Honestly if there was anything to fight over, it was my Ar3 being stolen but it's one of those "Defo combine spies" things

Raiden

cool cat
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Rebels cant win lmao people complain about them if theyre organised and peaceful, but hate them if they are unorganised and useless

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
Rebels cant win lmao people complain about them if theyre organised and peaceful, but hate them if they are unorganised and useless
i just wish they roleplayed to be honest! never had more dogshit roleplay from rebels than this setting
if they tried for even a second to justify their characters and why they do the things that they do i'd be sympathetic

Komchan

nen
Nebulae
i just wish they roleplayed to be honest! never had more dogshit roleplay from rebels than this setting
if they tried for even a second to justify their characters and why they do the things that they do i'd be sympathetic
I've had to deal with far worse rp on previous iterations of neb, hell of a lot less gamey 'buying 6 metal!!!' etc spammed in the radio constantly

Reactions: List

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
I've had to deal with far worse rp on previous iterations of neb, hell of a lot less gamey 'buying 6 metal!!!' etc spammed in the radio constantly
i disagree its all "need gun need ammo"
or "cop on bridge"
out of all my roleplay this iteration i've actually roleplayed once (with the usual suspect @Appetite Ruining Kebab )
everything else aside from fun @Limeao events was absolute dogwater
running around bartering and shooting things and then going "aw yeah man hate lambda they're so unrealistic" when their whole character is john gunman
fuck outta heeeeeere

Komchan

nen
Nebulae
i disagree its all "need gun need ammo"
or "cop on bridge"
out of all my roleplay this iteration i've actually roleplayed once (with the usual suspect @Appetite Ruining Kebab )
everything else aside from fun @Limeao events was absolute dogwater
running around bartering and shooting things and then going "aw yeah man hate lambda they're so unrealistic" when their whole character is john gunman
fuck outta heeeeeere
i mean if you're in the middle of s2k you're not gonna get much rp

Reggie

fresh prince of baghdad
Nebulae
only good roleplay I've had recently is when my Saudi prince character diffused a situation after bigdaddyboy character committed suicide Infront of us

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i will murder indiscriminately and make your dreams come true
image.png

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
fuck outta heeeeeere

Tbh man I've tried to word this a thousand different ways to not sound like a dick (not at you lol, in general) but I may as well go for it.

Its basically an open secret that the average rebel has never really played characters, they've played OOC vessels, and the RP quality was relatively piss-poor relative to a lot of other factions/groups if you went beyond friend circles who were already good quality Rpers because of that.

You'd get dogpiled for saying it, but if it took someone like Evil until literally this year to see how rewarding it was to play a character who stuck to their own motivations even if it was an OOC detriment to themselves then what does that say for the average rebel? That's RPing 101 after all.

"John BigCock Big Gun who Hates Combine and believes All Loyalists Should Die" walks like a character sometimes but you scrape the paint off and I can guarantee they're not consistant in motivation or actions.

That doesn't go for all rebels obviously; a lot of them play really great characters and are top-quality roleplayers but equally a lot of them literally don't put that much thought or effort in sadly.

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
You'd get dogpiled for saying it, but if it took someone like Evil until literally this year to see how rewarding it was to play a character who stuck to their own motivations even if it was an OOC detriment to themselves then what does that say for the average rebel? That's RPing 101 after all.
me when i hand out one mp7 instead of letting it sit in my container looking pretty

OneClassyBanana

kilroy was here
Nebulae
me when i hand out one mp7 instead of letting it sit in my container looking pretty
communist
Its basically an open secret that the average rebel has never really played characters, they've played OOC vessels, and the RP quality was relatively piss-poor relative to a lot of other factions/groups if you went beyond friend circles who were already good quality Rpers because of that.
Exceptionally well-said. It's something that, sometimes, can make playing a character with some nuance or complex beliefs/mannerisms kind of difficult - discouraging, even. Because it's hard to tell if the person you're about to talk to is playing a character with similarly written-out attitudes, experiences, and idiosyncrasies or simply an avatar.

It's good to see it changing, but there's still moments where people fall back into the old MMO-esque mannerisms of iterations past, or where it's apparent some of them haven't yet begun to outgrow that mentality in the first place.

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
in all seriousness i’m trying harder to focus on building a real character

Status
Not open for further replies.