Serious unofficial HL2RP² launch feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bilrryso121

Neutrino
Nebulae
Real question. Have you went into the rebel zone yet?
My character IC'ly doesn't know where they are. The 2 times i tried to go over the bridge well the 1st time i couldnt get past the barrier and the 2nd time earlier the bridge just wasnt on and my boy isnt gonna just try and figure out how to turn it on especially when everythings smoking and stuff.

Nathant18

Blue Ball
HL2 RP Server Director
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I think new players would benefit from a 'story so far' sort of summary text wall that we had on previous maps because there's a fair bit that your character would know that's not at all obvious without having played previously

Reactions: List

Bilrryso121

Neutrino
Nebulae
I think new players would benefit from a 'story so far' sort of summary text wall that we had on previous maps because there's a fair bit that your character would know that's not at all obvious without having played previously
Well I read the timeline thing but i doubt every character would know about everything in it. I like learning about things ic myself it's fun reacting to hearing about it. There are folks that likely werent involved with the previous events who are around from my understanding. There is a story so far more or less thankfully.

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
Well I read the timeline thing but i doubt every character would know about everything in it. I like learning about things ic myself it's fun reacting to hearing about it. There are folks that likely werent involved with the previous events who are around from my understanding. There is a story so far more or less thankfully.
Basically, the server has focused more on the conflict between the 'group' of rebels/refugees and the same garrison of the Combine - around the aftermath of episode 2 - and your character (for the most part) would have followed that group. The same group that escaped from Azov prison, Fought around Odessa, Fled Odessa due to Xenian overgrowth, Engaged with Combine forces in the metro tunnels before finally joining in on a besiegement of a City (City 24).

You come into this setting at whatever point, and are more than likely going to play the 'Refugee' which turns into the 'Rebel' rather than being a city loyalist. This map is different than the previous maps, which have mostly focused on 'no mans land' style combat between Rebels and Combine soldiers, with Refugees caught in the middle.

This map is different, where it started off as typical city RP style servers ... but is slowly turning more and more into the 'No Mans Land' style.

Look around, have fun. The map is comically large and it can feel lonely at times.

Bilrryso121

Neutrino
Nebulae
Basically, the server has focused more on the conflict between the 'group' of rebels/refugees and the same garrison of the Combine - around the aftermath of episode 2 - and your character (for the most part) would have followed that group. The same group that escaped from Azov prison, Fought around Odessa, Fled Odessa due to Xenian overgrowth, Engaged with Combine forces in the metro tunnels before finally joining in on a besiegement of a City (City 24).

You come into this setting at whatever point, and are more than likely going to play the 'Refugee' which turns into the 'Rebel' rather than being a city loyalist. This map is different than the previous maps, which have mostly focused on 'no mans land' style combat between Rebels and Combine soldiers, with Refugees caught in the middle.

This map is different, where it started off as typical city RP style servers ... but is slowly turning more and more into the 'No Mans Land' style.

Look around, have fun. The map is comically large and it can feel lonely at times.
Yeah i've read the timeline and i am playing a refugee character. I think i just have bad luck.

Bilrryso121

Neutrino
Nebulae
Bit of positive feedback: Shoutout to my boys Winston and Thom for the amazing civil rp tonight. It was real fun seeing the war go on while we were just doin our engineer work. Finally got itno the rp and it was great fun. love the mechanics and rp that i've seen.

Komchan

nen
Nebulae
Bit of positive feedback: Shoutout to my boys Winston and Thom for the amazing civil rp tonight. It was real fun seeing the war go on while we were just doin our engineer work. Finally got itno the rp and it was great fun. love the mechanics and rp that i've seen.
yes i am winston

not 1984 there is no war going on across the bridge ignore the bodybags

Oswald

Fish
Nebulae
I would love if we reworked the stats by adding skills, which skills adding to our rolls. with max amount of points depending of old your character is or something and a cap on all skill points when you reach 'max' level

it's a pipedream, but it's my pipedream

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i dont like how much conflict there is in this iteration.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
that

thats why i dont play lmao

This map has seen a sharp uptick in fighting but that was sort of the point - its a siege for a semi-functional city.

That being said as @Subeh and @Numbers pointed out, both sides can and do run into inconsequential firefights and it bloats it way more than it really should.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i dont like how much conflict there is in this iteration.
No offense I just don't this Iteration is for you judging by the myriad of problems you have, and that's ok sometimes things be like that we still appreciate the concerns and comments!

TheInnkeeper

Fear the Old Blood
Premium Member
Nebulae
No offense I just don't this Iteration is for you judging by the myriad of problems you have, and that's ok sometimes things be like that we still appreciate the concerns and comments!
tbh even i am starting to get tired of the constant s2k battles

Thood74

Molecule
Premium Member
Nebulae
S2K combat is kinda meh overall

its fun when you have a direct LOS to your enemy and are ducking in and out of cover taking shots at one another while on the move but with everyone third person peeking in S2K it kind of becomes a standstill until someone peeks too long like an idiot hoping not to get prefired or vortibeamed, or when some magnificent bastard with balls of steel rushes and breaks the stalemate by forcing prolonged combat

thats just my POV though, I believe many people have had better experiences with it

Status
Not open for further replies.