Serious unofficial HL2RP² launch feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura

Nucleus
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Nebulae
I would love to make a character sheet for my hl2 character - but that's more for fun than trying to enforce it in game
tbh if there was a menu in the tab with your character sheet and you just pressed a skill or to shoot and it did it automatically
that'd be pretty pog i think :)

just like beyond20 addon for browsers that let you click to roll in dndbeyond and it rolls it on roll20.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
You all aren’t ready for the DnD style rolling system talk

the easy solution that doesnt require a character sheet

1. remove the current stats the characters have (Strength, Endurance, Stamina, Etc)
2. replace them with stats that affect S2RP by allowing you to do modified rolls. on character creation you get x points to distribute amongst these stats
for example, /Roll Dodge will roll a d20 and add however many points you put into your dodge stat

Reactions: List

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
Raw rolling has the issue of those instances where you just keep rolling shit without any safeguards. Plus, many people - myself included - don't really like leaving things to chance.
Refined rolling has the issue of becoming that much more complicated. If it's too simple, it's just raw rolling. If it's not simple, it becomes harder to fathom.

Maybe it's an uneducated take on it, but that's the thing. Becoming educated on that would be another feat of its own. I never said I was smart.

TheInnkeeper

Fear the Old Blood
Premium Member
Nebulae
truth

wow rpers call it emote fighting because the alternative is roll fighting or pvp

if you said one of these arcane terms (s2k, s2rp, p2l) to a wow rper theyd probably look at you funny
wow rpers equivilant is s2k - pvp and like

everyone who does that is a braindead mouth breathing moron in that community lmao

Provingmedusa

Scourge of Antlions
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
See, I feel like you've said this a lot of times, but I've not seen you act upon it. Rob himself said he doesn't mind if you make a ban request for him, so why not do that instead of repeatedly languishing about the circumstances? Put a button on it.
We got shot at first by the rebels I think. Started S2K.

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
We got shot at first by the rebels I think. Started S2K.
We are not disagreeing. I'm saying that Simman should take his repeated frustrations about the vortigaunt starting s2k and put them into a ban request thread.

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
the easy solution that doesnt require a character sheet

1. remove the current stats the characters have (Strength, Endurance, Stamina, Etc)
2. replace them with stats that affect S2RP by allowing you to do modified rolls. on character creation you get x points to distribute amongst these stats
for example, /Roll Dodge will roll a d20 and add however many points you put into your dodge stat
artworks-000530454984-s6u8fk-t500x500.jpg

Nebulae
Raw rolling has the issue of those instances where you just keep rolling shit without any safeguards. Plus, many people - myself included - don't really like leaving things to chance.
Refined rolling has the issue of becoming that much more complicated. If it's too simple, it's just raw rolling. If it's not simple, it becomes harder to fathom.

Maybe it's an uneducated take on it, but that's the thing. Becoming educated on that would be another feat of its own. I never said I was smart.
imagine being a fisherman for living
making carp steaks daily

you cook with love as per usual
someone eats your steak and /rolls how good it is in taste for them
rolled 1 out of 100

yeah i suddenly had experienced diarrhea on the stove out of nowhere
rolls do be cooked sometimes

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
getting mad that you have bad lucks with rolls < disco elysium approach: failing is fun, fail harder, fail as hard as possible and in the funniest way possible

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
imagine being a fisherman for living
making carp steaks daily

you cook with love as per usual
someone eats your steak and /rolls how good it is in taste for them
rolled 1 out of 100

yeah i suddenly had experienced diarrhea on the stove out of nowhere
rolls do be cooked sometimes
No no no, your cooking was good. The Servetor had to go and get its grubby stubbies all over your food and ruined it

4ED2D66CA0F71C2E2E5D77D1271590EA255CC2D0

Khiel

Molecule
Nebulae
that sounds overcomplicated and annoying

rolls sidestep the problem and you are unable to claim someone is powergaming / cheating, as it's a clear role. Maybe just state the 'boundaries' of success. Eg, 0-10 critical failure, 90-100 major success
Or just do what any RPG system since D&D did and add calculations for rolls. A command so that current characters can set themselves stats according to a point limit, with bonus stats being awarded for RP ingame. (i.e performing many workshifts would lead someone to grow a bit of muscle, and increase in strength stat to help for melee combat rolls)
See, I feel like you've said this a lot of times, but I've not seen you act upon it. Rob himself said he doesn't mind if you make a ban request for him, so why not do that instead of repeatedly languishing about the circumstances? Put a button on it.
He can't whinge about it if he does that.
Ya'll aint READY for straight up character sheets
Legit this

Bilrryso121

Neutrino
Nebulae
As somebody who has been playing the last few days it feels really hard to really get into anything as a new player. There is nothing to really do unless there's other people around. Tried getting rp with some people and been either ignored or forgotten every time. Can't really ask people about things IC'ly because there's hardly anybody ever around the main city area that would be reasonable to ask things IC'ly. It just feels extremely hard to get into it as a new player. Would I be better off just waiting until the next map swap? I really love the atmosphere and what I've seen on the forums but wandering the streets for like an hour or more trying to find people or get into rp is really discouraging. I mighta just had bad luck or something.

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
As somebody who has been playing the last few days it feels really hard to really get into anything as a new player. There is nothing to really do unless there's other people around. Tried getting rp with some people and been either ignored or forgotten every time. Can't really ask people about things IC'ly because there's hardly anybody ever around the main city area that would be reasonable to ask things IC'ly. It just feels extremely hard to get into it as a new player. Would I be better off just waiting until the next map swap? I really love the atmosphere and what I've seen on the forums but wandering the streets for like an hour or more trying to find people or get into rp is really discouraging. I mighta just had bad luck or something.
Real question. Have you went into the rebel zone yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.