Serious unofficial HL2RP² launch feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
Today felt very sour with the rebels immediately exploiting the armistice to claim territory which they so far lost all fights for and then starting s2k mid-s2rp (running into cover without /mes prior) to win the fight when confronted about it. What happened afterwards made the perception of the entire situation even worse but that's not on the rebels I suppose

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
Today felt very sour with the rebels immediately exploiting the armistice to claim territory which they so far lost all fights for and then starting s2k mid-s2rp (running into cover without /mes prior) to win the fight when confronted about it. What happened afterwards made the perception of the entire situation even worse but that's not on the rebels I suppose
it was fun

Reactions: List

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
Today felt very sour with the rebels
Confused_Pringles_fans_are_wondering_if_Sour_Cream_and_Chives_flavour_ever_even_existed._Credit-_Matthew_Horwood_Angela_Serena_Gilmour_Alamy_Stock_Photo.png

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
I personally think it's funny that a whole horde of cops spent 30 minutes with their weapons raised trying to strongarm a bunch of dudes standing around into leaving, then got wiped the minute they tried to escalate it.

And then they left after two EOW's showed up and peacefully asked them to.

Just shows you that using manners is better than acting like an powertripping US border agent.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
"got wiped" apparently = ran away after rebels started s2k mid-s2rp, killing one (1) cop who was actually RPing and the ota in the front

thank you East, very cool
You mean, @Brandon_ started s2k when he used the SVD on @Flippy. The RB6 incident.

8 cops & 2 OTA all died because they asked 15 randoms to leave the bridge (fair enough) then kept pestering the rebels to leave RB-6, despite it being on the opposite side of the bridge, and they all got massacred over it because they couldn't fathom just waiting without flashing guns everywhere.

Flippy

stoner rp
Nebulae
You mean, @Brandon_ started s2k when he used the SVD on @Flippy. The RB6 incident.
Twas an 357 my friend, if I remember correctly.

I am disappointed to hear that S2RP broke out into S2K though, I was quite thankful I was given a chance to react and not just sent to hell packing without knowing wtf was going on. Having said that, trying to manage S2Rp with that many people would not be very fun for staff.

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
Was not an SVD and he didn't start s2k, it was s2rp lol
It was the vort on the left who started s2k
8 cops & 2 OTA all died because they asked 15 randoms to leave the bridge (fair enough) then kept pestering the rebels to leave RB-6, despite it being on the opposite side of the bridge, and they all got massacred over it because they couldn't fathom just waiting without flashing guns everywhere.
where are you even getting those numbers from? do you spread misinformation on purpose or are your sources just that bad
one cop and 2 ota died there, the rest ran back

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
i was the ordinal that instigated, and the eow that de-escalated
its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-playing-both-sides.gif
freeze-2.gif

conclusion:
***** S06:EOW-3.REAPER-0 pulls back a bolt on his rifle, its energy dispenser shining bright.
C16:RL.DEFENDER-6 radios on tac: "<:: Go active, intercept! ::>"
image.png
image.png

RedMan

Electron
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
I personally think it's funny that a whole horde of cops spent 30 minutes with their weapons raised trying to strongarm a bunch of dudes standing around into leaving, then got wiped the minute they tried to escalate it.

And then they left after two EOW's showed up and peacefully asked them to.

Just shows you that using manners is better than acting like an powertripping US border agent.
We still got you off that bridge. That is all that mattered by the end of the day. Powertrip complete.

bnC9SfC.png

jrOph4M.png

After shooting Two a grenade was thrown by a cop, both were why the situation escalated.
It does beg the question who was this cop behind the barricade. They were the ones that threw the grenade.
vIuc0lS.png

Everyone was doing S2RP with the exception of this individual.

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
the grenade throw was roleplayed, by the way, and rebels were already running for cover without /mes at that point
Code:
*** /// suddenly reached onto his belt buckle. The Unit unclipped a grenade, holding it in his hand.
*** /// ducks behind cover, he pulled his grenade and threw it over the top.
Combine once again suffered the consequences of attempting to s2rp. Moving on I think I'll just change my approach because the current one clearly isn't working

Laura

Nucleus
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Nebulae
the grenade throw was roleplayed, by the way, and rebels were already running for cover without /mes at that point
Wait, I'm confused.
Was the grenade throw roleplayed, and then thrown? And they ran for cover..
Or was it posted in /me, and CPs waited for the response /me of them reacting to it. But none came?

Khiel

Molecule
Nebulae
S2RP should only be done in situations where you can guarantee everyone is willing to die and lose, and someone can keep track of most people. Doing it with people who stand to benefit from cheating the system just means they inevitably will, even if they are good at RP, not many people want to lose a character to a random sweep.

Status
Not open for further replies.