Serious unofficial HL2RP² launch feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

surra

Molecule
Nebulae
the map, not the season

and it doesnt mean no shooting at all will happen, shit isnt black and white
I think people are mainly confused as to why a '''base raid''' happened this early on, it's not so black and white in that regard aswell, the fact that skirmishes barely happened but somehow OTA were that close....i guess? I wasn't there for it but I'm getting a piece from everyone here

E: looking at the videos alone there were enough rebels to re-enact c24s raid in one engagement

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
I think people are mainly confused as to why a '''base raid''' happened this early on, it's not so black and white in that regard aswell, the fact that skirmishes barely happened but somehow OTA were that close....i guess? I wasn't there for it but I'm getting a piece from everyone here

E: looking at the videos alone there were enough rebels to re-enact c24s raid in one engagement
iirc, the whole underground bunker isn't a safe zone. "It's too big for that"

We were just probing defenses for weakness, but there was no one to stop us so we just kept moving forward, then we turned a corner to see like a dozen guys and went "Damn, guess we've bit off too much" and fully expected to get team wiped. But instead they just fled back inside the bunker when they had almost a 4 to one numbers advantage.

Reactions: List

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
iirc, the whole underground bunker isn't a safe zone. "It's too big for that"

We were just probing defenses for weakness, but there was no one to stop us so we just kept moving forward, then we turned a corner to see like a dozen guys and went "Damn, guess we've bit off too much" and fully expected to get team wiped. But instead they just fled back inside the bunker when they had almost a 3/4 to one numbers advantage.
yeah I just don’t think people wanna be fighting LOL

plus getting supplies is gonna be a lot harder now

Nebulae

all OTA did was go into a location that they knew rebels kept popping up in, without really ICly knowing where it all lead to, just to see how well guarded it was. it wasn't a "base raid", it was a recon mission and the only rebels that died were those that actively made a decision to engage outnumbered/outgunned instead of grouping up at the massive tunnel like everyone else (which OTA immediately retreated at the sight of), and if everyone had done just that nobody would have died, i can guarantee you this as the squad leader - i had zero intention of pressuring a good defense and every intention to call a retreat as soon as it was appropriate

be careful where you get your pieces from

Nebulae
end of the day i should have halved the squad size we ended up going out with so the first wave of rebels could at least have a fighting chance/force an earlier retreat. i didnt want to tell half the faction to stay at base because i like it when everyone has fun, but this incident made me realize that things aren't always this simple

my bad, we'll be careful

there will be more structure to how combine interacts with the bunker from this point on, i can guarantee this. we have a few things in the works

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
end of the day i should have halved the squad size we ended up going out with so rebels could at least have a fighting chance/force an earlier retreat. i didnt want to tell half the faction to stay at base because i like it when everyone has fun, but this incident made me realize that things aren't always this simple

my bad, we'll be careful

there will be more structure to how combine interacts with the bunker from this point on, i can guarantee this. we have a few things in the works. hopefully there will be less confusion on that going forward
Don't forget that we literally had to send 4 Men at a time Down an Elevator (Into a chokepoint) and down a tram into a major choke-point. If there was any defense mounted, they would've been turned into swiss cheese. But nothing happened - completely uncontested.

bilack

Electron
Nebulae
end of the day i should have halved the squad size we ended up going out with so the first wave of rebels could at least have a fighting chance/force an earlier retreat. i didnt want to tell half the faction to stay at base because i like it when everyone has fun, but this incident made me realize that things aren't always this simple

my bad, we'll be careful

there will be more structure to how combine interacts with the bunker from this point on, i can guarantee this. we have a few things in the works. there will be less confusion on that going forward
yeah i was with the first wave that encountered you guys at the tram. we were not expecting you at all and somehow i hit an ota a dozen times and he still lived. then you guys pushed out and destroyed us. u didnt really call the retreat when it was appropriate and you encountered that heavy resistance at the tram

Nebulae
yeah i was with the first wave that encountered you guys at the tram. we were not expecting you at all and somehow i hit an ota a dozen times and he still lived. then you guys pushed out and destroyed us. u didnt really call the retreat when it was appropriate and you encountered that heavy resistance at the tram

sometimes that's just how ye olde s2k goes. your buddies are in trouble and you go in to save them - all of a sudden it's an offensive maneuver. we weren't sure if they would be able to make a safe retreat back through the tram, i worked with limited information in the heat of the moment

at least it's not a 1 hour factory hold. that was the main thing i wanted to 'test drive', our ability to have a skirmish without useless escalation

Nathant18

Blue Ball
HL2 RP Server Director
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Don't forget that we literally had to send 4 Men at a time through Down an Elevator and down a tram into a major choke-point. If there was any defense mounted, they would've been turned into swiss cheese. But nothing happened - completely uncontested.
People were doing other stuff, and the attack came completely unprovoked and caught everyone off-guard, we all had to drop what we were doing to figure out what spots to defend. Only a few of us went to the tram whilst the rest took up other positions.

Just weird to me that on day 2 OTA get auths to do a base raid but cops can't get auths to hit certain objectives, don't see why we're going nuclear on day 2 with no prior combat.

Also can we please stop using entity weapons idk why we're still doing this or why it's even allowed in the first place

Nebulae
People were doing other stuff, and the attack came completely unprovoked and caught everyone off-guard, we all had to drop what we were doing to figure out what spots to defend. Only a few of us went to the tram whilst the rest took up other positions.

Just weird to me that on day 2 OTA get auths to do a base raid but cops can't get auths to hit certain objectives, don't see why we're going nuclear on day 2 with no prior combat.

keep in mind that combine ICly don't even know the ins and outs of the bunker in the first place. this encounter was the first time they acquainted themselves with where exactly the tram lead to

keep in mind also that the entire section of the base that was 'assaulted' was infested to begin with, that makes whether or not its really 'rebel territory' up to debate in the first place

it was OOCly disorienting i agree, and perhaps contrary to the expectations that were beginning to be set about how we wanted this map to go; but it was at the same time a fairly organic development based on multiple incidents of recent combine activity (the fact they're getting confident sweeping the entirety of the surface, the fact that radar base has been a frequent source of rebel activity, etc.) - we are giving them a mini-story of 'discovery' and a part of discovering shit is running into stuff like this

either way, we're going to lay out rules around this stuff soon so there shouldn't be a problem in the future

Also can we please stop using entity weapons idk why we're still doing this or why it's even allowed in the first place

i dont know anything about entity weapons. i just know we recovered all our dropped guns on our way out

surra

Molecule
Nebulae
all OTA did was go into a location that they knew rebels kept popping up in, without really ICly knowing where it all lead to, just to see how well guarded it was. it wasn't a "base raid", it was a recon mission and the only rebels that died were those that actively made a decision to engage outnumbered/outgunned instead of grouping up at the massive tunnel like everyone else (which OTA immediately retreated at the sight of), and if everyone had done just that nobody would have died, i can guarantee you this as the squad leader - i had zero intention of pressuring a good defense and every intention to call a retreat as soon as it was appropriate

be careful where you get your pieces from
Recon with an LMG? idk about you but deploying 150/150s and the strongest weapon in the current game does not sound like recon at all, and if rebels are getting their home turf trespassed on I think it's only natural for those that pushed to do just that

but duly noted

Nebulae
Recon with an LMG? idk about you but deploying 150/150s and the strongest weapon in the current game does not sound like recon at all, and if rebels are getting their home turf trespassed on I think it's only natural for those that pushed to do just that

my bad, we'll be careful

like i said, my slip up

but everything else about the situation checks out fine imo

we're also heavily restricting LMG use since this made us realize how busted it is too

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
I'm just thankful for the transparency. Beats the C24 routine of
"Why was there a three-hour-long shootout in the warehouse?"
"Which shootout?"
"There was more than one?"
"More than four."

Nebulae
I'm just thankful for the transparency. Beats the C24 routine of
"Why was there a three-hour-long shootout in the warehouse?"
"Which shootout?"
"There was more than one?"
"More than four."

we should gradually pick ordinals out of big rebel people so they have some investment in not ruining the roleplay of the opposing faction methinks ;)

Nathant18

Blue Ball
HL2 RP Server Director
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i wasn't aware, either way the wielder didn't die (and if they had and someone wanted it dropped i'd have had it ICly given to them in a heartbeat)
This isn't my point, my point is that if it's not a script you can't balance the gun or impose any restrictions when it's being used. The reason you can run and gun with an LMG is because none of the stats can be tweaked because it doesn't exist as a script. I don't care about us getting the LMG, I just want guns to be properly balanced before they're used on the whole rebel playerbase

Reggie

fresh prince of baghdad
Nebulae
transhuman players be like "oh wow we were so surprised had put up literally no resistance so we just kept going" when rebel players were told it'd be passive for a few days, so they were concentrated deep in the bunker (which is impossible to cover off all entrances/exits without killing rp due to the sheer size), y'know, roleplaying.

Nebulae
This isn't my point, my point is that if it's not a script you can't balance the gun or impose any restrictions when it's being used. The reason you can run and gun with an LMG is because none of the stats can be tweaked because it doesn't exist as a script. I don't care about us getting the LMG, I just want guns to be properly balanced before they're used on the whole rebel playerbase

in that case the LMG may very well be a script because its wielder was complaining about how slow it made them on the run back

i didnt really go in thinking "oh hey i'll bring an lmg to this!!!", it just happened and i should've been more aware/had the guy sent back to swap weapons or something

its not going to happen again, anyway. it'll be a purely base defense weapon at best from here on out until those values can be tweaked

transhuman players be like "oh wow we were so surprised had put up literally no resistance sow e just kept going" when rebel players were told it'd be passive for a few days, so they were concentrated deep in the bunker (which is impossible to cover off all entrances/exits without killing rp due to the sheer size), y'know, roleplaying.

man shut up

Status
Not open for further replies.