Serious unofficial HL2RP² launch feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
The way people are talking they ran in and fucking MW2 Airported the entire Rebel playerbase lmao

He apologized five different ways. Let it drop lol

Reactions: List

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
Y'all should be a little easier on them in this case, considering you're able to have actual dialogue, from which lessons have been learned. Maintaining the sass isn't productive beyond making the relations between the two sides even more callous OOCly.

Nathant18

Blue Ball
HL2 RP Server Director
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
in that case the LMG may very well be a script
It's not

The way people are talking they ran in and fucking MW2 Airported the entire Rebel playerbase lmao

He apologized five different ways. Let it drop lol
I'm not trying to throw shit at ARK for the raid, I've said my bit and I'm more annoyed about the gun being used. I've wanted gun balance for ages and it's just disheartening to see entity weapons being used in the manner it was. It was spawned in for some reason and I just don't understand why it was spawned in when there's no script.

Guns shouldn't be unfun for the people being shot at

rob

Nebulae
we're also heavily restricting LMG use since this made us realize how busted it is too
2HEYMJD.png

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
It's not

I'm not trying to throw shit at ARK for the raid, I've said my bit and I'm more annoyed about the gun being used. I've wanted gun balance for ages and it's just disheartening to see entity weapons being used in the manner it was. It was spawned in for some reason and I just don't understand why it was spawned in when there's no script.

Guns shouldn't be unfun for the people being shot at
I think gary is trying to find ways to make the Suppressor balanced.

I think an idea is to make it like the tf2 minigun where once you rev up (It has a couple seconds delay before you can even start shooting) it forces the user to be unable to run. Making it more of a defensive, suppressing weapon. (Go Figure). Run and gun with it has been agreed to be fairly stupid.

Maytree

Black Hole
Nebulae
transhuman players be like "oh wow we were so surprised had put up literally no resistance so we just kept going" when rebel players were told it'd be passive for a few days, so they were concentrated deep in the bunker (which is impossible to cover off all entrances/exits without killing rp due to the sheer size), y'know, roleplaying.
Most of us can’t access the bunker without a respirator, if you don’t count Orsted passing through to the tram. The entire place is covered in spores, and we were given estimation of 3 days by staff of cleaning the place up (today’s the last). We didn’t have a chance to come together as a collective and plan out defenses for the bunker.

However, I do appreciate the transparency taking place here. That’s actually pretty neat.

Last edited:

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
all OTA did was go into a location that they knew rebels kept popping up in, without really ICly knowing where it all lead to, just to see how well guarded it was. it wasn't a "base raid", it was a recon mission and the only rebels that died were those that actively made a decision to engage outnumbered/outgunned instead of grouping up at the massive tunnel like everyone else (which OTA immediately retreated at the sight of), and if everyone had done just that nobody would have died, i can guarantee you this as the squad leader - i had zero intention of pressuring a good defense and every intention to call a retreat as soon as it was appropriate

be careful where you get your pieces from
end of the day i should have halved the squad size we ended up going out with so the first wave of rebels could at least have a fighting chance/force an earlier retreat. i didnt want to tell half the faction to stay at base because i like it when everyone has fun, but this incident made me realize that things aren't always this simple

my bad, we'll be careful

there will be more structure to how combine interacts with the bunker from this point on, i can guarantee this. we have a few things in the works
keep in mind that combine ICly don't even know the ins and outs of the bunker in the first place. this encounter was the first time they acquainted themselves with where exactly the tram lead to

keep in mind also that the entire section of the base that was 'assaulted' was infested to begin with, that makes whether or not its really 'rebel territory' up to debate in the first place

it was OOCly disorienting i agree, and perhaps contrary to the expectations that were beginning to be set about how we wanted this map to go; but it was at the same time a fairly organic development based on multiple incidents of recent combine activity (the fact they're getting confident sweeping the entirety of the surface, the fact that radar base has been a frequent source of rebel activity, etc.) - we are giving them a mini-story of 'discovery' and a part of discovering shit is running into stuff like this

either way, we're going to lay out rules around this stuff soon so there shouldn't be a problem in the future

i dont know anything about entity weapons. i just know we recovered all our dropped guns on our way out
like i said, my slip up

but everything else about the situation checks out fine imo

we're also heavily restricting LMG use since this made us realize how busted it is too
in that case the LMG may very well be a script because its wielder was complaining about how slow it made them on the run back

i didnt really go in thinking "oh hey i'll bring an lmg to this!!!", it just happened and i should've been more aware/had the guy sent back to swap weapons or something

its not going to happen again, anyway. it'll be a purely base defense weapon at best from here on out until those values can be tweaked

man shut up
fair point, unfortunately:

Anti-tankspy

Nucleus
Nebulae
can staff please be more responsive to /help requests, it takes about five of these for a staff member to notice someone needing something and sometimes it's outright ignored

rob

Nebulae
i know it's like virtually impossible to enforce but can we possibly introduce some incentives for getting people on earlier to possibly pull back peak hours? having to wait until 11pm in my time (and others have to wait until much later) for most people to be on isn't a very healthy schedule and i'm sure many of you guys can relate 😪

possibly try to introduce 7pm events as the norm like they used to be? maybe even just mini events to get the flow going and then introduce major ones?
0c6db91aec9c.png

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
can we possibly introduce some incentives for getting people on earlier to possibly pull back peak hours? having to wait until 11pm in my time (and others have to wait until much later) for most people to be on isn't a very healthy schedule and i'm sure many of you guys can relate 😪
I have to miss peak as it's 3am and I'm not getting up that early for stuff these days
most of the time anyway

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
i know it's like virtually impossible to enforce but can we possibly introduce some incentives for getting people on earlier to possibly pull back peak hours? having to wait until 11pm in my time (and others have to wait until much later) for most people to be on isn't a very healthy schedule and i'm sure many of you guys can relate 😪

possibly try to introduce 7pm events as the norm like they used to be? maybe even just mini events to get the flow going and then introduce major ones?
0c6db91aec9c.png
unemployed mfs at 3am on a Tuesday:
but seriously

some of us need to actually wake up for things I have no idea why this has suddenly become the norm

even the fact that no one’s getting on before stupidly late is weird but events at midnight?? stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.