Serious unofficial HL2RP² launch feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
IMG_6246.png
I want to know immediately who "chief lambda hater" is.

Reactions: List

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
combine's complaints are localized to a few leaders who singlehandedly drive the OOC competitiveness on their side, the majority get to remain emotionally uninvolved since all they do is follow orders and dont have much to complain about most of the time
Ontop of that, Behavior can be corrected by just saying "You're being demoted/removed from the Whitelist" Which you can't exactly do to rebels.

Nebulae
Ontop of that, Behavior can be corrected by just saying "You're being demoted/removed from the Whitelist" Which you can't exactly do to rebels.

we could do that if the rebel discord was actually in the staff's hands............ (and half the disciplinary shit didnt get reversed behind closed doors by people who shouldn't have the power to do so)

Last edited:

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I'd say let the vorts beam disable the APC but not the pintle gun/rockets.

I don't need to tell anyone that when Vorts have infinite ammo and can stand firing beams every second or two that being able to stunlock the APC into total uselessness would be SO broken lmao

rob

Nebulae
buff vort damage againts apc, or do it so one vort beam does a temp disable of the apc for a few seconds
Big agree

As of right now it takes 40 vort beams to destroy an APC (correct me if I'm wrong)

Last edited:

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
I was going to have a longer preamble for this post, but after seeing numbers' post above, I don't think it's necessary. You've heard it from the man himself, so I'm not one to try and speak on his behalf.
get 10 vorts online and beam the crap out of it
This, however, I will absolutely and immediately shoot down because vortigaunts are not OTA. We were lucky to have enough vortigaunts for that palace teleportation shenaniganery during C24 despite trying to call people up for it. To have even remotely similar attendance for s2k for a faction that primarly wants to RP is not something I'd ever expect.
latest salt post i could find and I didn't bother addressing it because of the salt
Fair enough. I typed that while still feeling frustrated about it, thus subpar attitude in my wording at the time.
The fact that post was actually a lot more salty before I dialed it down - only for it to still be super salty in the end - kinda saddens me.
buff vort damage againts apc
I'm not sure if it's that simple, but a dev can probably pitch in there better than I.
one vort beam does a temp disable of the apc for a few seconds
Vort beam charges far sooner than few seconds, so the APC would end up getting stunlocked to hell. I can't imagine it being particularly fun either as the driver or the beamer.

OskarDemus

Proton
Nebulae
I should clarify that shit isnt happening any time soon because we still use the same apc from 2014 with its 2014 code

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
so do the combine

🙂

Sure but being able to stunlock the APC into oblivion with even one vort would make them absolutely useless lmao

Absolutely take out their ability to move - setting them up for rockets or more vorts - but let the APC at least defend itself as best as it can.

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
I should clarify that shit isnt happening any time soon because we still use the same apc from 2014 with its 2014 code
it’s code physically cannot be altered lol
Gary tried changing it’s health value but it just stayed the same

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
Sure but being able to stunlock the APC into oblivion with even one vort would make them absolutely useless lmao

Absolutely take out their ability to move - setting them up for rockets or more vorts - but let the APC at least defend itself as best as it can.
or just stop being pussies and stop using the apc

OskarDemus

Proton
Nebulae

give the vort beam a chance to stun, that way its more of a risk since its not guarantee

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
I'd say let the vorts beam disable the APC but not the pintle gun/rockets.

I don't need to tell anyone that when Vorts have infinite ammo and can stand firing beams every second or two that being able to stunlock the APC into total uselessness would be SO broken lmao
Would be nice to have a short delay. So it can't be pinned. But yeah - I like it. Reminds me of the Halo Plasma pistol EMP effect.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I want to know immediately who "chief lambda hater" is.

that was me, to @RedMan

Truthfully got a bit tilted and went overboard, and for that I apologize, primarily to Redman, no one should be told to kill themselves both in earnest or as a jest.

Sorry, I'll strive to be better.

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
I can't say I'm personally super thrilled that anti-armor duty is falling more and more onto vortigaunts' shoulders.
Because, well... sometimes I just don't want to fight, you know? I went with the flight of fancy tonight because I figured I had nothing to lose, but I'm not always going to want to run out there to be the designated APC killer-stunner-whatever. Plus, last thing I want is for Combine players to treat the likes of me even more like a boogieman that must be stamped out on sight - though maybe that ship has sailed already. I won't indulge that mindset further to avoid sounding even more salty.

Status
Not open for further replies.