Serious unofficial HL2RP² launch feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
idk about you guys but I am having fun breeding the next generation of Union-3 haters

they've been in short supply as the original garrison dwindles

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
image.png

excellent calm reaction to singular nlr death. still had to address the complaint despite the shit attitude
I'll comment on this because i'm in this screenshot as Vasko. I wanted clarification on why the strider just started s2king people and I did end up getting it explained to me, but if it was explained properly there and then that issue wouldn't have happened. This has been handled, I just want to provide context to my comments of trying to figure it out

Reactions: List

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
i know the big ass imagepost I made is jarring and calls people out which I'm not a fan of doing, but I just wanted to highlight what kind of shit I go through continually before people start calling me "passive aggressive"

it's not my job to curtail people's emotions, you'll get a 1:1 treatment to how you behave, it's a fucking video game and I have uni to burn through rn (finals of the semester)

when my finals are over I'll have more time to oversee and coordinate interesting shit, but for now, it's in my staff's ballpark

also, let's not exaggerate the time it takes to get shit done. it used to be months, it's upwards of a week now, regularly. my last final is on the 23rd but I've got a lot of free time around wednesday next week to start cleaning stuff up

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I'd say for now the main change to make everyone happy would be to swap to the paddy wagon.

Cops can still get places but it isn't a death fridge to rebels on low pop.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I'd say for now the main change to make everyone happy would be to swap to the paddy wagon.

Cops can still get places but it isn't a death fridge to rebels on low pop.

tbf if there really is only 1 APC available, cops should not be using it for their day in day out patrols

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Eh, if they do - and lose it - then that's on them imo.

At least the paddy wagon is a lot more vulnerable than the current APC.

the issue is that this encourages the rebels to wander about with RPGs or vortigaunts on the off-chance that the APC appears so that they can game-end it, and then we'd be going back to the S2K mentality of C24 where we need to "fuck over" the players on the other faction

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Was it changed so rebs could drive the APCs?

iirc it was made so only "combine" specified factions could drive it and people used to hate it

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
Was it changed so rebs could drive the APCs?

iirc it was made so only "combine" specified factions could drive it and people used to hate it
naw atm its just combine who can drive it, but we actually gave rebels rpgs so they could destroy it

takes about 1 rocket hit and 1 vortigaunt, that way the apc has at least a little time to react

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
dont remind us of The Incident
naw atm its just combine who can drive it, but we actually gave rebels rpgs so they could destroy it

takes about 1 rocket hit and 1 vortigaunt, that way the apc has at least a little time to react
I just remember random civies running up while cops were rping with someone against the wall and doing /me gets in apc and turns the key and then a staff member had to break it to them that they can't LOL

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I just remember random civies running up while cops were rping with someone against the wall and doing /me gets in apc and turns the key and then a staff member had to break it to them that they can't LOL

iirc @Kafe stole an APC and did some shit with it and it caused a massive argument back in apoc LMAO

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
that was the idea
one well placed ambush and it's gone, suddenly it's open season

But I suppose until they manage that ambush - which probably won't happen on low pop when the APC is rolling about on patrols - it becomes a brick wall that forces everyone inside. I get why that pisses people off.

If anything the APC is mainly used for transport anyway which is why I don't see the Paddy Wagon as a big change. Only difference is you won't be able to go skeet shooting with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.