Serious unofficial HL2RP² launch feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nebulae
e; also if ota have unlimited stock then that's basically giving the cops unlimited stock cus ota would just be dripfeeding cops shit lol

they're not allowed to do this

OTA are supposed to deploy only a limited amount of times per day

id much rather OTA was limited in scripts too tbh, i'd like to introduce some basic engagement discipline

as for the bunker attack today; i think the cultists wanted to do some trolling but OTA joined in because we wanted to make sure a scavenging squad (as part of an event) had their way back to base covered (which took a while)

shad

Nucleus
Nebulae
oop here comes @Simman102 with the funny ratings batten down the hatches boys
punisher-the-punisher.gif

Reactions: List

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
id much rather OTA was limited too tbh, i'd like to introduce some basic engagement discipline
To my knowledge we've been extremely disciplined.

Most, if not all of our recon deployments were done with the express ROE to disengage if we got contact. Only exception being for likelihood of capturing someone and even that is unlikely to happen.

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
i'm hoping that's being actively and properly enforced

its the first time im hearing of any hard daily limitations thats for sure

then that only reinforces the fact that cops are clearly not at all struggling where equipment's concerned, and saying their vendors are limited is very easy when 'limited' means 50 of everything

christ im astonished they even still have a vendor this is ridiculous

why do rebels have to deal with prem conts, inventories and big boxes but they get a vendor

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
id much rather OTA was limited in scripts too tbh, i'd like to introduce some basic engagement discipline
Adding onto Pyro's post, yeah, our engagements have been primarily stalking and responding to fires rather than engaging people

as for the bunker attack today; i think the cultists wanted to do some trolling but OTA joined in because we wanted to make sure a scavenging squad (as part of an event) had their way back to base covered (which took a while)
The scavenging missions are limited to 1 a day. Everything else is mostly information gathering on things like places to hit for parts or information we need for actual missions

Nathant18

Blue Ball
HL2 RP Server Director
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

as for the bunker attack today; i think the cultists wanted to do some trolling but OTA joined in because we wanted to make sure a scavenging squad had their way back to base covered (which took a while)
There are just zero consequences when playing an OTA, you can play quite literally however you want and you lose nothing because everything is unlimited and you can't be demoted like cops (mainly a grudge from C24 tbh, but they still CAN play however they want)

Plus they're boasting inflated stats (despite most/all guns receiving a nerf due to the way damage works now) and it just feels like OTA are way too strong imo

Nebulae
i'm hoping that's being actively and properly enforced

its the first time im hearing of any hard daily limitations thats for sure

then that only reinforces the fact that cops are clearly not at all struggling where equipment's concerned, and saying their vendors are limited is very easy when 'limited' means 50 of everything

christ im astonished they even still have a vendor this is ridiculous

why do rebels have to deal with prem conts, inventories and big boxes but they get a vendor

i wish this stuff was better telegraphed too, yeah

i've been wanting to flip the CP & OTA dynamic for a few maps now but for some reason the Powers That Be in this corner quietly hold onto some semblance of consistency where the entire point of the environments we go to is to pull them out of their comfort zone

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
i will forever maintain that trying to balance this server is a fool's errand and is fundamentally impossible; at some point or another heavy bias has to be given to at least one side and unless the fucking moons align, that's almost always going to piss off the faction that isn't receiving the support

im not gonna go down the route of the doomsayer THE SERVER IS GONNA DIE!!! bullshit but im just saying that i, and a fair few of the ppl i rp with frequently, are barely holding onto our enjoyment by a thread

the only thing im really enjoying at the moment is the internal rp ive cultivated for myself, if i wasnt trying to rp a leader i'd be totally ignoring the conflict itself by now because it is in no way shape or form fun

and im not blaming the people 'running' this map, either, because i dont think they're the issue and i dont think they've ever been the issue

ive done enough finger-pointing privately and it's almost always fallen on deaf ears so im not gonna continue to bother

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
There are just zero consequences when playing an OTA, you can play quite literally however you want and you lose nothing because everything is unlimited and you can't be demoted like cops (mainly a grudge from C24 tbh, but they still CAN play however they want)

Plus they're boasting inflated stats (despite most/all guns receiving a nerf due to the way damage works now) and it just feels like OTA are way too strong imo

The consequence of playing ota is getting clowned on in voice for dying

(While being a target for everyone)

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i will forever maintain that trying to balance this server is a fool's errand and is fundamentally impossible; at some point or another heavy bias has to be given to at least one side and unless the fucking moons align, that's almost always going to piss off the faction that isn't receiving the support

im not gonna go down the route of the doomsayer THE SERVER IS GONNA DIE!!! bullshit but im just saying that i, and a fair few of the ppl i rp with frequently, are barely holding onto our enjoyment by a thread

the only thing im really enjoying at the moment is the internal rp ive cultivated for myself, if i wasnt trying to rp a leader i'd be totally ignoring the conflict itself by now because it is in no way shape or form fun

and im not blaming the people 'running' this map, either, because i dont think they're the issue and i dont think they've ever been the issue

ive done enough finger-pointing privately and it's almost always fallen on deaf ears so im not gonna continue to bother

honestly i just think the rebel leads and cop leads should be working together 90% of the time OOCly

we're here to cultivate a story and the only way to make a story in which no one's crying bullshit is if the major factions are all on the same page and cordial and in-the-know, even if they're ICly opposed

bilack

Electron
Nebulae
i'd like to know what 'limited' means because i have a feeling 'limited' means 50 of each gun, plus whatever they've stockpiled, plus whatever they get from dead rebels plus enough ammo that it may as well be infinite

e; also if ota have unlimited stock then that's basically giving the cops unlimited stock cus ota would just be dripfeeding cops shit lol
Ammo is infinite, grenades are limited, other than that I don't know much else

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
honestly i just think the rebel leads and cop leads should be working together 90% of the time OOCly
this is why the trident era worked so well, @Numbers and i were practically joined at the hip throughout the majority of it and both sides had a whale of a time

we're here to cultivate a story
need this statement up on a billboard in fucking neon because im pretty sure a lot of very important people have fucking forgotten it

Ammo is infinite, grenades are limited, other than that I don't know much else
what an actual joke

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
On the entire topic of vendor this vendor that, item here item that.

We should have some form of a more consistent way of acquiring things such as ammunition, weapons and/or other supplies. This goes for both sides while Rebels, per whatever word of mouth I'm hearing as I do not play that side of the server often if at all, are struggling the most from.

People might hate game-ism from time to time but basic functions like these can always be improved with some form of automation. Just tossing some random ideas out I can't be bothered to figure out completely now (exams + am sleepy)

- Some form of automatically resupplying vendor-like thing
- Flags that if had given a class/authorization that can be added to vendor-access so that influential rebels or trusted/active people can also be given access to vendors during certain maps

- Some form of scavenging automation? This is one I'd never mind but understand people on the server might not want, just some entity/type of thing that you can interact with that spawns in locations. Giving you some sort of prompt/requirement and you can get things out of it. Encourages travelling.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
- Some form of scavenging automation? This is one I'd never mind but understand people on the server might not want, just some entity/type of thing that you can interact with that spawns in locations. Giving you some sort of prompt/requirement and you can get things out of it. Encourages travelling.

there is, technically

you do a /me of scavenging and DM @TheInnkeeper and get items delivered to your inventory depending on how you roll

do the Combine have Scavenger permissions or is that exclusive to rebels?

Status
Not open for further replies.