HL2RP [Unofficial] Map Suggestions Thread

Maytree

Black Hole
Nebulae
I’m routing with White Forest Countryside. We can certainly make it look extinguishable by editing the released VMFs. We can replace the trees with the snowy ones from Episode 1, change lighting conditions and so on.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
We can certainly make it look extinguishable by editing the released VMFs. We can replace the trees with the snowy ones from Episode 1, change lighting conditions and so on.
changing lighting 'on the fly' is a lot more of a pain than it appears

might as well go for boreas because a TDM setting sucks, if rebels own the bunker (with the union slowly encroaching) then there's a lot more dynamic than 'explore the map, don't go to enemy base'.

Maytree

Black Hole
Nebulae
changing lighting 'on the fly' is a lot more of a pain than it appears

might as well go for boreas because a TDM setting sucks, if rebels own the bunker (with the union slowly encroaching) then there's a lot more dynamic than 'explore the map, don't go to enemy base'.
For clarification, I only suggested that the arena area should be owned by rebels in my earlier posts. The Bunker and Riverbed area should be treated as contested areas.

Swapping the map's exterior light and its skybox isn't actually that hard, especially with Hammer++. You're able to make the map entirely set in midnight with just a few simple clicks.

Last edited:

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
We're in an alternate timeline where Gordon, Alyx, and the rest of the science team died during the explosion of the citadel (or in the timline where the Vortigaunts hadn't intervened Gordon's statis after the fact).
This has never been implied, has it?
In around two weeks’ time since Freeman’s arrival, the citadel is destroyed, Dr. Wallace Breen is killed in its explosion, and many that worked alongside this enigmatic scientist have suffered similar fates, including the prominent Eli Vance, who died shortly after a rocket launch into the citadel portal.
I'm 99% sure numbers also confirmed somewhere that Freeman was last sighted in White Forest before taking a helicopter with Alyx up north to find the Borealis.

Reactions: List

Maytree

Black Hole
Nebulae
This has never been implied, has it?

I'm 99% sure numbers also confirmed somewhere that Freeman was last sighted in White Forest before taking a helicopter with Alyx up north to find the Borealis.

I stand corrected. I entirely misread that part. Thank you for clarifying.
Was talking about Boreas.

Except radically changing the skybox & season also requires altering all the lights, including interiors, otherwise things look off.
Fair point. I'll might have a look at the map later myself, see if changing the map won't be highly tedious.

Laura

Nucleus
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Nebulae
we are going to north america in 2 years and with a storyline where the rebels repair and restore an old aircraft carriers in the period of 4 months on the western coast of france

Reactions: List

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
we are going to north america in 2 years and with a storyline where the rebels repair and restore an old aircraft carriers in the period of 4 months on the western coast of france
can we have a event where we get raided during our trip by the pirate ship manned by Sergeant Mitchel Shepard.