Valorant - A free FPS from RIOT Games

SpaceInvader

Dutch Ally.
Nebulae
I’d say the opposite, overwatch’s gameplay is very fast paced and chaotic with snappy movement and bigger variety of abilities. This seems more in line with cs with its slower and more deliberate movement, and most abilities seeming to be a fancy grenade (with a couple exceptions of course)

cringe
I am just saying you sound like a expert while you haven't even touched the game. I mean the only thing I hear is negativity out of your posts. Which is fine but saying the game looks like trash and that it's death animations are important for it to look good.

I am sorry but Call of Duty Modern Warfare is a game that looks good and plays like absolute ass. Graphics aren't important to the crowd their trying to please.

These are the players they want to play the game.
hfcvfmtosuq41.jpg

Fluffy

Master retard
Nebulae
It's just gonna turn into the whole Dota vs League mentality except it's CSGO vs Valorant ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 6062

I am just saying you sound like a expert while you haven't even touched the game. I mean the only thing I hear is negativity out of your posts. Which is fine but saying the game looks like trash and that it's death animations are important for it to look good.

I am sorry but Call of Duty Modern Warfare is a game that looks good and plays like absolute ass. Graphics aren't important to the crowd their trying to please.

hfcvfmtosuq41.jpg
yep, those are my exact settings for Overwatch

`impulse

Head Staff
Nebulae

hfcvfmtosuq41.jpg
Idk I watched like an hour or so of people streaming the game and you can glean p much everything you need from that

It's obvious this game is going to be flavour of the month when it comes out, but the game still has flaws/questionable design decisions (just like any other game whoda thought). I've already stated that the things I pointed out were minor details that don't affect gameplay. I'll still give it a shot either way, you don't need to suck off riot to enjoy it

Please don't be one of those "elite gamer" types

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
I’d say the opposite, overwatch’s gameplay is very fast paced and chaotic with snappy movement and bigger variety of abilities. This seems more in line with cs with its slower and more deliberate movement, and most abilities seeming to be a fancy grenade (with a couple exceptions of course)

In SnD mode there's no respawns so of course people would be less aggressive (even if that doesn't mean OW deaths don't mean anything ofc, but you can respawn which you can't in both Valorant and CS)

Dunno, been playing since a kid now and it really feels oddly different. Yet again, what CS offers is a very simple set of mechanics and weapons that, to produce the same feeling, would need two things:

1. To almost literally copy the game

2. To reach a similar meta like the one we have now, as 75% of the game's complexity comes simply out of what the players do with whatever tools they're given to execute their plays
[doublepost=1586117920][/doublepost]
It's just gonna turn into the whole Dota vs League mentality except it's CSGO vs Valorant ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yea but in this case there's barely anything to truly compare past "both are SnD FPS"

I am sorry but Call of Duty Modern Warfare is a game that looks good and plays like absolute ass.

No u just suck.....................

No honestly I actually like the MP feels like CoD4's MP. But I understand if people don't like some things.

SpaceInvader

Dutch Ally.
Nebulae
In SnD mode there's no respawns so of course people would be less aggressive (even if that doesn't mean OW deaths don't mean anything ofc, but you can respawn which you can't in both Valorant and CS)

Dunno, been playing since a kid now and it really feels oddly different. Yet again, what CS offers is a very simple set of mechanics and weapons that, to produce the same feeling, would need two things:

1. To almost literally copy the game

2. To reach a similar meta like the one we have now, as 75% of the game's complexity comes simply out of what the players do with whatever tools they're given to execute their plays
[doublepost=1586117920][/doublepost]

Yea but in this case there's barely anything to truly compare past "both are SnD FPS"

No u just suck.....................

No honestly I actually like the MP feels like CoD4's MP. But I understand if people don't like some things.
It's not gunplay either it's just gameplay.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
It's not gunplay either it's just gameplay.

Alright not that video again. Seriously just use covers like wtf I don't ever get killed like that unless I'm being an idiot about it and bumrushing everything.

You know, I saw that video near the release of the game and I couldn't stop laughing at how silly it is, coming from Black Ops kids who all they've ever played is extreme le jetpack dolphin dive while having no regards about their surroundings at all.

CoD4 was the exact same, and MW2 at times too - All you have to do is have some awareness, and of course, don't run in open areas in the center of the map. Entry-level common sense tbh.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

I don't care about looks that much, BUT HOLY SHIT Moder Warfare has no right to be 140+ GB AND CONSTANTLY UPDATED WITH MORE GB, either compress the game or wait for mobile's SSD's to be cheaper damn it. Ain't no one got 3 TB of space in a hard disk unless you rich

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
I don't care about looks that much, BUT HOLY SHIT Moder Warfare has no right to be 140+ GB AND CONSTANTLY UPDATED WITH MORE GB, either compress the game or wait for mobile's SSD's to be cheaper damn it. Ain't no one got 3 TB of space in a hard disk unless you rich

You are aware most of those GB are overwritten and not added, right?

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
You are aware most of those GB are overwritten and not added, right?

I don't own COD and I'm glad a friend let me borrow his blizzard account to try it, I'm just saying the game is 140+ TO INSTALL JAGGLES... And coming from Acti-blizzard I wouldn't put em past them to be un-optimization, it's a fucking shooter game with arena like maps (except warzone which was added later). And unlike Black Ops 2 where you had the choice to install campaign and multiplayer separate if you want to play the campaign hope you like to install the entire multiplayer, or if you like warzone and not multiplayer sucks to be you. Gameplay and Optimization > Graphics.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
I don't own COD and I'm glad a friend let me borrow his blizzard account to try it, I'm just saying the game is 140+ TO INSTALL JAGGLES... And coming from Acti-blizzard I wouldn't put em past them to be un-optimization, it's a fucking shooter game with arena maps. And unlike Black Ops 2 where you had the choice to install campaign and multiplayer separate if you want to play the campaign hope you like to install the entire multiplayer, or if you like warzone and not multiplayer sucks to be you. Gameplay and Optimization > Graphics.

I have the latest updates, and the game is 163GB

All Call of Duties prior to this had single and multiplayer separated. It's not about optimization anymore, the game has a buttload of content and the high res textures take a LOT of space. I'm just saying many games nowadays are like that, back in the day GTA V was (and still is) 100GB and it's not even close to how good MW looks. Despite the game being as advanced as it is, I have a friend who's able to play it with a damn i5-4460. There's a lot more to CoD:MW than just "a fucking shooter game with arena maps", but alright dude.

To top it all off, shaders are pre-downloaded in order to avoid having to download them while playing, reducing FPS drops. Honestly if you got mad at how heavy the game is, then you can complain as much as you like, but there is a reason for it and you really can't just join "optimization" and "storage drive expensive game" together and say OH MY GOD SO BAD OPTIMISED. It doesn't work like that.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I have the latest updates, and the game is 163GB

All Call of Duties prior to this had single and multiplayer separated. It's not about optimization anymore, the game has a buttload of content and the high res textures take a LOT of space. I'm just saying many games nowadays are like that, back in the day GTA V was (and still is) 100GB and it's not even close to how good MW looks. Despite the game being as advanced as it is, I have a friend who's able to play it with a damn i5-4460. There's a lot more to CoD:MW than just "a fucking shooter game with arena maps", but alright dude.

To top it all off, shaders are pre-downloaded in order to avoid having to download them while playing, reducing FPS drops. Honestly if you got mad at how heavy the game is, then you can complain as much as you like, but there is a reason for it and you really can't just join "optimization" and "storage drive expensive game" together and say OH MY GOD SO BAD OPTIMISED. It doesn't work like that.

I'm talking about compression here, and sure you can have lots of high-res texture but if you don't want to download that AMAZING gun with lighting reflecting on it, then you should have the option to not do that, even rainbow six siege has an HD texture pack which is separate you can download and that removes a lot of GB from the base game.

It's all about the options they should have given to players who don't want to make cod one of a few game they can have, it's even worse on a console where those poor people don't really have many affordable options if any to expand their storage size, on an xbox one the game is approximately 137 GB, Xbox ones usually are 500 GB to 1TB of memory space like most PC's if you install COD on an Xbox one with 500 you can only fit similar space size game two more times. For example, the new final fantasy is also more then 100 GB, if games keep going on this route you can only have 4-10 "big games" on your hardware at all times. So either new cheaper SSD's must be produced OR videogame companies should learn to optimize their games to compress it as much as possible, I mean they made the witcher run on a Nintendo switch!

Also, shaders might be pre-downloaded but my time playing when I downloaded it via my friend's account I still had to install them in-game apparently that's a bug or something so hope they fixed that cause it took an extra hour of staying inside menus when first downloading the game.

SpaceInvader

Dutch Ally.
Nebulae
I'm talking about compression here, and sure you can have lots of high-res texture but if you don't want to download that AMAZING gun with lighting reflecting on it, then you should have the option to not do that, even rainbow six siege has an HD texture pack which is separate you can download and that removes a lot of GB from the base game.

It's all about the options they should have given to players who don't want to make cod one of a few game they can have, it's even worse on a console where those poor people don't really have many affordable options if any to expand their storage size, on an xbox one the game is approximately 137 GB, Xbox ones usually are 500 GB to 1TB of memory space like most PC's if you install COD on an Xbox one with 500 you can only fit similar space size game two more times. For example, the new final fantasy is also more then 100 GB, if games keep going on this route you can only have 4-10 "big games" on your hardware at all times. So either new cheaper SSD's must be produced OR videogame companies should learn to optimize their games to compress it as much as possible, I mean they made the witcher run on a Nintendo switch!

Also, shaders might be pre-downloaded but my time playing when I downloaded it via my friend's account I still had to install them in-game apparently that's a bug or something so hope they fixed that cause it took an extra hour of staying inside menus when first downloading the game.
Nope you have to download shaders everytime you start up the game.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae

This just shows how much you know about the topic, really not worth arguing by banging my head against a wall. My CoD is installed in my HDD and works just fine, and yes, shaders have to be downloaded in-game if they are pre-downloaded. FF is more than 100GB too, and many others. Maybe it's that you can't compress them more when there's so much.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
This just shows how much you know about the topic, really not worth arguing by banging my head against a wall. My CoD is installed in my HDD and works just fine, and yes, shaders have to be downloaded in-game if they are pre-downloaded. FF is more than 100GB too, and many others. Maybe it's that you can't compress them more when there's so much.

Still think they should have just made the game in multiple parts split up in sections so you can un-install the campaign once you are done with it, it would some space unless they re-use at lot of the same model.

On topic with games over 100 GB we are seeing more of them and my point is they are more frequent and SSD's prices are going down really slow on prices, and not everyone has multiple hard disks or strong ones. Which make me think we are going to see lots of cloud gaming cause if games can't be compressed as much or optimized to be smaller then as I said we are going to be able to fit 4-10 big games in a single console/PC.

EITHER WAY, we should probably make a separate thread about it cause this is valorant, but on the topic of Valorant, graphics don't have to be best as long as it's gameplay works and it works like an oiled machine, as long as I'm not looking at blank pixels or ASCII (sorry dwarf fortress)

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
Still think they should have just made the game in multiple parts split up in sections so you can un-install the campaign once you are done with it, it would some space unless they re-use at lot of the same model.

On topic with games over 100 GB we are seeing more of them and my point is they are more frequent and SSD's prices are going down really slow on prices, and not everyone has multiple hard disks or strong ones. Which make me think we are going to see lots of cloud gaming cause if games can't be compressed as much or optimized to be smaller then as I said we are going to be able to fit 4-10 big games in a single console/PC.

EITHER WAY, we should probably make a separate thread about it cause this is valorant, but on the topic of Valorant, graphics don't have to be best as long as it's gameplay works and it works like an oiled machine, as long as I'm not looking at blank pixels or ASCII (sorry dwarf fortress)

Yeah I agree but still anything with low quality should run like an oiled machine you know

Sometimes the gameplay does not cover for how terrible something looks

But- It's still a beta and some things may change, hopefully

SpaceInvader

Dutch Ally.
Nebulae
Yeah I agree but still anything with low quality should run like an oiled machine you know

Sometimes the gameplay does not cover for how terrible something looks

But- It's still a beta and some things may change, hopefully
If they get a lot of things they need to fix they will keep the beta running for longer so win win for me