Visiting London, tips?

Megafro

Neutrino
Nebulae
I will be visiting London in a couple of months, if you know any tips on getting around, places to visit, food to eat please share them :)

Josh

Nucleus
Nebulae
if you like steak go to heliout steak house, it's in charing cross (look it up on maps when ur there if u get lost) it's fucking gorgeous

and please be smart, london is a dangerous place rn (central not as bad as other areas), best to travel in groups of friends or family if any are coming with

Reactions: List

liew

Don't Shoot I'm Too Short
Nebulae
use public transport

you can get a tourist oyster which'll keep you going on the tube and if not you can always get paper travelcards which work on both the tube and on busses

never use taxis they're an utter scam unless you like the novelty of riding around in one (it's like new york, in that sense)

police are everywhere in london, especially in tourist heavy areas like oxford street and in central so i wouldn't feel to worried about travelling.

if you're going to places in north london, like camden and such (another great place i recommend you visit for the market and the canal there's plenty of street stalls which sell amazing jamaican food) keep an eye on your belongings and don't openly flaunt things. most tourist areas are safe though, and even camden has a strong police presence.

don't be put off by people saying "you're gonna get mugged stay in tourist areas" because the chances of it actually happening are quite slim, and major crimes like theft and stabbings are done in council estates or the REALLY downtrodden areas. go out and explore the lesser known areas of the city, it's a wonderful place with lots of historic value and culture.

Rictalspace

Manager of Fist Industries
Nebulae
Download the mobile app Citymapper, will show you all the best ways to get to where you want and updates in minutes if there are any issues

Get an oyster card asap as you need it for all public transport

Avoid black cabs as they’re pretty expensive for what they are

Go up the Shard - it’s free entrance up to half way where there’s a restaurant and bar

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
“Hey I’m gonna change my plans from going to the most popular place in the UK to somewhere north of it because a Nebulous forum member told me so”
Its unironically a good idea though

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
London's more of a tourist trap than anything. I may be biased, but I grew up right outside it and can't stand it.

There's one or two things worth going to see (like the national history museum), the rest of the experience is being packed into huge crowds of people in the main streets.

the last man

corn lord
Nebulae
british museum is unironically pretty rad if you're at all into history (not british but from all over the world) (the british are glorified thieves). Entrance is free and there's a lot more to see than what you can take in during a single day, go there when it's thin on people.

All Adm*ns are Bastards

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
he's not wrong
camden market sells quite literally a wide range of products including illegal narcotics and deadly weapons

Almost too easy to acquire things

Asked the first guy I saw selling lighters grinders etc where I can find a bit of hash and after asking if I was a rozzer he leads me a good five yards across the road to his mate who's selling everything under the sun in broad daylight on the main street

Shitehole apart from that however, pints are too expensive and it's full of wanks