Wants and Needs - GTARP Unofficial Suggestion Thread

Deleted member 2925

pilotbland's best friend
HL2 RP Server Director
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Until Head Staff decide to make an actual subforum for GTARP suggestions, I figured I’d get some ideas together. For those who’ve been keeping up to date with the servers development, what do you think could be improved on so far? For the experienced and unexperienced GTARP players, what do you think should be implemented prior to release?

While the servers launch has yet to be announced, I’m sure there’s a lot of room for suggestions both for development and lore related ideas.

If you’d like to use a format for better organization, feel free:

Development Format
Suggestion:

Explanation:

How could this be beneficial toward the server as a whole?

Lore Format
Suggestion:

Explanation:

How could this fit into the GTA universe and/or a potential custom lore created for Nebulous?:

Seeing that this is Nebulous’ next huge endevor, taking a lot of time and dedication from all devs involved, it’s very crucial to spitball ideas now before it’s too late.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2925

pilotbland's best friend
HL2 RP Server Director
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
All I wish to see is a diverse range of jobs that the normal person can get into. I don't want to see dozens of people being a bin man because it's the "Quick and Easy" method
From what i’ve seen on other servers, the smaller jobs like deliveries and garbage men etc only get $100 per delivery.

More RP related jobs should get better pay. Cops, EMS, and whatever else there is.

Reactions: List

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
From what i’ve seen on other servers, the smaller jobs like deliveries and garbage men etc only get $100 per delivery.

More RP related jobs should get better pay. Cops, EMS, and whatever else there is.
Of course, roles that are more demanding through quality and role-play as apposed to "Go here, Deliver this" and require a dedication of time, which would benefit the server as a whole, deserve the extra perk of it.

I'm just saying their should be a diverse options of "Casual Jobs" so it doesn't become repetitive.

Deleted member 2925

pilotbland's best friend
HL2 RP Server Director
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Of course, roles that are more demanding through quality and role-play as apposed to "Go here, Deliver this" and require a dedication of time, which would benefit the server as a whole, deserve the extra perk of it.

I'm just saying their should be a diverse options of "Casual Jobs" so it doesn't become repetitive.
Real estate agent:)

mert

Atom
Nebulae

all jobs should pay the same

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
so you're telling me if im collecting garbage, I should get paid the same amount as an EMS worker

ok
yes

los santos is communist get real

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
im telling you that from having actually experienced all these jobs on gtaw that the system youre proposing wont work
gtaw isnt really the most competently ran community though
some businesses get free money just for having people press E on their door to a 20k cap, delivery drivers make more than cops/ems do in a week after like 5 deliveries, when I worked at a garage I got a literal 30k tip from someone at least once a week. idk what you experienced on gtaw but their economy is by far one of the most defective aspects of the server

jobs that take effort, like cops/ems should obviously be a better source of gains than the jobs anyone can grab from a job center. all you need to do is maintain the standard so its not just about the money, but if im a cop I obviously expect to get paid more than the local fisherman

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
maybe a hot take

but

the pay for ppl working gov jobs (police/ems/doctor) should be able to be set by mayor, that can only shift up or down a certain percentage within the period of a given election term.

if gov employees get paid like doo doo and have doo doo budget, (try to) work to elect a mayor that's actually gonna give you what you want

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
cops should chill out with the heavy weapons

only aircraft available (to everyone, authorities and randoms alike) should be recreational/unarmed.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
cops should chill out with the heavy weapons

only aircraft available (to everyone, authorities and randoms alike) should be recreational/unarmed.
Helicopters will be used by PD and possibly civilians but anything further will have to be looked at more; definitely not thinking anyone will have access to jets, they're currently prevented from spawning entirely in our gamemode.

Deleted member 5501

The Civil Authority Grindset
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I have plenty of ideas, but I want to see what is currently implemented and play for a couple of months before putting forth any wants/need suggestions.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I wanna point out if some jobs pay less people are incredibly unlikely to do them simply because they'll fall behind.

You can do a lot of cool shit if you aren't disadvantaged OOC for playing, say, a garbage man and can use that time to make something unique instead of grinding money.