Wants and Needs - GTARP Unofficial Suggestion Thread

Deleted member 2925

pilotbland's best friend
HL2 RP Server Director
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Until Head Staff decide to make an actual subforum for GTARP suggestions, I figured I’d get some ideas together. For those who’ve been keeping up to date with the servers development, what do you think could be improved on so far? For the experienced and unexperienced GTARP players, what do you think should be implemented prior to release?

While the servers launch has yet to be announced, I’m sure there’s a lot of room for suggestions both for development and lore related ideas.

If you’d like to use a format for better organization, feel free:

Development Format
Suggestion:

Explanation:

How could this be beneficial toward the server as a whole?

Lore Format
Suggestion:

Explanation:

How could this fit into the GTA universe and/or a potential custom lore created for Nebulous?:

Seeing that this is Nebulous’ next huge endevor, taking a lot of time and dedication from all devs involved, it’s very crucial to spitball ideas now before it’s too late.

Last edited:

`impulse

Head Staff
Nebulae
@`impulse will there be options to change walking styles
Yes
will we be able to play as both the mp and ped skins (http://slice.wikidot.com/) for our character
Yes
will there be an option to 'party up' on jobs, so for things such as a garbage truck driver you could have a driver and collector, and to have the same for any scripted illegal jobs
Yes
will jobs assign us with an actual uniform, like putting a high vis on a garbage trucker, postman outfit on a delivery guy and like the bugstars jumpsuit for pest removal jobs, and if so, can that option be disabled for players with a ped skin
No, but you can just change your outfit if you'd like
will we be able to change keybindings to better suit controller use
There's a couple pages of keybinds you can change, but the UI itself doesn't work with controller. Maybe sometime after release
do you already have a selection of modded vehicles like police cars lined up, if not then are we going to see them before release

will the garage place from the tuners update be accessible
Assets are still up in the air for now while we actually make things work
do you plan to release with civs able to also get radios for communication, or will it be mostly phone use for long distance comms
Yes
will there be any change to how shooting works from inside a vehicle (ex. driver cant shoot but passengers can, more spread, etc)
Haven't considered this, but we'll definitely make balance changes as we see fit
if a gang grows large enough, will they be able to officially 'claim' an area (ex. Plaza histórica de Alta, Madrazzos Mansion, Devin's mansion) and put down their own objects there
Well there's loads of room on the map so

Reactions: List

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
There's a couple pages of keybinds you can change, but the UI itself doesn't work with controller. Maybe sometime after release
not worried about the UI itself. I use controller for driving but sometimes you cant quickly swap over to keyboard to pick something up or whatever, so being able to set some of those to a controller button helps

will I be able to, lets say, put a speed bomb on a bus so if it goes under 60 mph it explodes

will there be an option to disable the giant green nebulous logo flashbang that covers your screen when you open up shop inventories, it hurts my eyes when it flashes up real quick like
mXS8eXG.png
the same goes for closing it out, or maybe making it a bit transparent so its not a solid color washing over your screen for a moment

will there be inventories for dumpsters, garbage cans, boxes and other random objects around the map and will they be persistent between server shutdowns

will there be a version of twitter or the likes that we will be able to access via phone

will the accessibility options for colorblindness also take effect on the minigames colors, I noticed that the lockpicking one uses bright yellow

`impulse

Head Staff
Nebulae
will I be able to, lets say, put a speed bomb on a bus so if it goes under 60 mph it explodes
Not unless we make an item or something that does specifically this lol
will there be an option to disable the giant green nebulous logo flashbang that covers your screen when you open up shop inventories, it hurts my eyes when it flashes up real quick like
the same goes for closing it out, or maybe making it a bit transparent so its not a solid color washing over your screen for a moment
The interstitials are meant to hide big changes like teleports/level streaming/full screen UI appearances. It might be much for the item shop, but it was easier to stick in an interstitial than to animate all the shop elements nicely :~)
will there be inventories for dumpsters, garbage cans, boxes and other random objects around the map and will they be persistent between server shutdowns
It's possible, but there are some performance concerns with having absolutely loads of inventories sprinkled across the map - this is also why nearby dropped items are grouped together
will there be a version of twitter or the likes that we will be able to access via phone
I think we'll have some sort of "social media" app ye
will the accessibility options for colorblindness also take effect on the minigames colors, I noticed that the lockpicking one uses bright yellow
It should affect all UI elements with the exception of images. The lockpick minigame was made before the colorblind mode was added (and also very work-in-progress back then anyway)

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
The interstitials are meant to hide big changes like teleports/level streaming/full screen UI appearances. It might be much for the item shop, but it was easier to stick in an interstitial than to animate all the shop elements nicely :~)
makes sense, maybe it grows on you never know
It's possible, but there are some performance concerns with having absolutely loads of inventories sprinkled across the map - this is also why nearby dropped items are grouped together
maybe make the glowing circle around items a little more muted, like a duller and smaller glow so people can stash items somewhere after a robbery or the likes without worrying about the cops spotting a glowing beacon advertising THIS IS OUR STOLEN GOODS
Not unless we make an item or something that does specifically this lol
could you because I will make great use of it

`impulse

Head Staff
Nebulae
maybe make the glowing circle around items a little more muted, like a duller and smaller glow so people can stash items somewhere after a robbery or the likes without worrying about the cops spotting a glowing beacon advertising THIS IS OUR STOLEN GOODS
The marker is definitely going to change - that's just the default one for our interaction system
could you because I will make great use of it
who knows what the future holds

shit

Atom
Nebulae
please don't make inventory-based bags forcefully appear on the player- it's kinda aids to see everybody on other servers run around with designer clothes, three piece suits & dresses only to have a hiking backpack cloak all that shit

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
please don't make inventory-based bags forcefully appear on the player- it's kinda aids to see everybody on other servers run around with designer clothes, three piece suits & dresses only to have a hiking backpack cloak all that shit
I don’t think we have any bag items at all currently.

Spine

All toasters toast toast.
Nebulae
Sacrifice the drip for storage, man.

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
will there be potential for players to have custom items, such as a business selling their own branded food, or a mechanic thats actually outfitting his own gps trackers onto cars to go steal them later

will there be street races with scripted waypoints

will there be custom map addons, such as the remade mission row or more trees around harmony/route 68

will cops be able to use the helicopter camera to track police chases

will there be an age requirement for factions, such as not letting 12 years become a cop

do you plan to introduce a whitelist further down the road after the server is out, and will active players be grandfathered into it

how many player slots do you think you will run to start

do you plan to have functional golfing, tennis and darts

do you plan to have a feature where you could for instance load an atv or motorcycle into a bed of a truck and lock it into place. I guess the same for the box trucks that have the lowering back door on them too

will licenses be actual items or just something attached to your character

will we be able to stuff some poor sucker in the trunk of our car, and will there something thats not quite handcuffs, maybe zipties that civilians could get for kidnappings

Last edited by a moderator:

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
will there be potential for players to have custom items, such as a business selling their own branded food, or a mechanic thats actually outfitting his own gps trackers onto cars to go steal them later
Yes, already stated there will be tailored items.
will there be street races with scripted waypoints
Not at launch. I'd rather a street racing scene form organically from players wanting to race and then we develop something for it afterwards.
will there be custom map addons, such as the remade mission row or more trees around harmony/route 68
Undecided, not much effort to add them.
will cops be able to use the helicopter camera to track police chases
Probably.
will there be an age requirement for factions, such as not letting 12 years become a cop
The server will have an age requirement of either 16 or 18.
do you plan to introduce a whitelist further down the road after the server is out, and will active players be grandfathered into it
Yes.
how many player slots do you think you will run to start
Undecided, likely lower than 100 so we can assist people properly for any launch issues or tutorial.
do you plan to have functional golfing, tennis and darts
Not currently.
do you plan to have a feature where you could for instance load an atv or motorcycle into a bed of a truck and lock it into place. I guess the same for the box trucks that have the lowering back door on them too
Tow trucks already attach vehicles to themselves so it's possible with specific vehicle type if we want.
will licenses be actual items or just something attached to your character
A drivers license is an item.
will we be able to stuff some poor sucker in the trunk of our car, and will there something thats not quite handcuffs, maybe zipties that civilians could get for kidnappings
We've already made handcuffs and had zip ties on our todo list.

We do not want to develop everything possible for launch because I think we'd end up with a lot of features that go unused for a long time. If something starts organically by players we can develop something to assist with it.

If we try and make everything players might want to do it could be a big waste of time and also may sorta stagger player ideas, I like the notion of players coming up with an idea for something and it making it into the server, in a way as though they've made their mark on the server.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
If we try and make everything players might want to do it could be a big waste of time and also may sorta stagger player ideas, I like the notion of players coming up with an idea for something and it making it into the server, in a way as though they've made their mark on the server.

Feature creep is a real killer for big projects, I'm glad you seem to be managing it fine :D