Serious What is your dream serious roleplay server?

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
how else are you going to sell premium to someone if they don’t really give a shit about the wellbeing of the server though, it’s a necessary evil
I've said this before but it is very difficult to get people to donate to something if there's little actual incentive. I know people don't like stuff like PET being behind a paywall but if you look anywhere there's only generally a few alternatives people go for otherwise and none of them are really any better or far worse (see, LP's 2k tokens and Gurrazor selling guns and gear on the sly, or what he does now in Monolith and lock actual jobs behind it that you can get normally anyway).

There's no easy way to encourage people to donate to help the upkeep honestly.

Reactions: List

lucid

aussie battler
Nebulae
I've said this before but it is very difficult to get people to donate to something if there's little actual incentive. I know people don't like stuff like PET being behind a paywall but if you look anywhere there's only generally a few alternatives people go for otherwise and none of them are really any better or far worse (see, LP's 2k tokens and Gurrazor selling guns and gear on the sly, or what he does now in Monolith and lock actual jobs behind it that you can get normally anyway).

There's no easy way to encourage people to donate to help the upkeep honestly.

yeah, there needs to be an advantage or incentive of sorts - what we've got set up right now is good because it doesn't affect other players

mårten

Atom
Nebulae
A really grim medieval RP, with knights and bandits and peasants and shit, maybe low fantasy with the tiniest aspects of soft magic. All deaths would be a PK as long as they're roleplayed correctly. It plays out SO well in my mind, but I know it'd be pretty impossible.
berserk time

Satirical

Electron
Nebulae
(Disclaimer: I got VERY CARRIED AWAY writing this but I was asked about my dream server and this is honestly what I imagine it being. I hope what I wrote is entertaining enough that, by the end of it, you aren't buying a rope and stool on Amazon.)

F9817A8DE068EA8FE8F2C30868EDFDDEAC18C6C5

Ahhhhh, the city life....

TOPICAL ROLE PLAY

Enjoy a fascinating emulation of present day life—gangs, white collar criminals, affable well-heeled neighbors and politicians swarmed by scandal-thirsty press members. Wake up every morning to the sweet songs of birds and sleep to the sounds of gunfire and S.W.A.T vehicles barreling down the street in pursuit of criminal getaways.

Charged with a crime? Got a ticket? No worries! An inventive and interactive courtroom system involving Lawyers, Judges, Bailiffs and Citizen jurors, all portrayed by players, may just get you out of it. Handle small claims, criminal charges and civil suits through the esteemed District Trial Court.

Aspiring to write laws? Wondering if you can pull off the new fad of orange, suit-swelling nincompoops? Fret not, for the State Capitol will quench your bureaucratic thirst—replete with tasteful architecture, a riveting political climate and surreptitious crimes hidden behind mahogany walls! Enjoy assuming the role of a Senator, Governor or Representative as you tackle public crime, the economy and a plethora of other constituent needs.

Tired of all the law talk? Fret not, the city's nightlife is thronged by rival hoodlums fighting embittered battles for turf, clout, cash and power. Partake in break-ins, profitable bank heists, petty theft and carjacking or cover your tracks by silencing potential snitches. Afraid you may be found out? Buy your way out, kill people and—as a last resort—get the rich attorneys in the city court to do your dirty work for you.

Don't like hooligans? Boy, have we got a place for you! Enter the city's police department, consistent of: Officers, Detectives, State Troopers and the Police Chief, as well as a full S.W.A.T team to mitigate high-risk, sweat-drawing situations. Got an itchy trigger finger? Tell the judge it was self-defense and take the plunge into dicey public relations crisis mode! Who cares? It's your character!

And for those who don't want to be involved, well—kick back, relax and enjoy the sweet taste of stomach-churning, artery-clogging slop from the city's various local food chains. Have a nice rib-eye steak or—for those animal-loving tree-huggers among us—a nice salad or tofu dish! Pick up the city paper, vote at the ballot box and make sure to work. Take a job at the Fire Department, Clinic, Waste Management Plant or start your own business adventure! The world is your oyster, and it hopefully has no missing textures!

Last edited:

Shapok

smol man rollenspieler
Nebulae
(Disclaimer: I got VERY CARRIED AWAY writing this but I was asked about my dream server and this is honestly what I imagine it being. I hope what I wrote is entertaining enough that, by the end of it, you aren't buying a rope and stool on Amazon.)

TOPICAL ROLE PLAY

Enjoy a fascinating emulation of present day life—gangs, white collar criminals, affable well-heeled neighbors and politicians swarmed by scandal-thirsty press members. Wake up every morning to the sweet songs of birds and sleep to the sounds of gunfire and S.W.A.T vehicles barreling down the street in pursuit of criminal getaways.

Charged with a crime? Got a ticket? No worries! An inventive and interactive courtroom system involving Lawyers, Judges, Bailiffs and Citizen jurors, all portrayed by players, may just get you out of it. Handle small claims, criminal charges and civil suits through the esteemed District Trial Court.

Aspiring to write laws? Wondering if you can pull off the new fad of orange, suit-swelling nincompoops? Fret not, for the State Capitol will quench your bureaucratic thirst—replete with tasteful architecture, a riveting political climate and surreptitious crimes hidden behind mahogany walls! Enjoy assuming the role of a Senator, Governor or Representative as you tackle public crime, the economy and a plethora of other constituent needs.

Tired of all the law talk? Fret not, the city's nightlife is thronged by rival hoodlums fighting embittered battles for turf, clout, cash and power. Partake in break-ins, profitable bank heists, petty theft and carjacking or cover your tracks by silencing potential snitches. Afraid you may be found out? Buy your way out, kill people and—as a last resort—get the rich attorneys in the city court to do your dirty work for you.

Don't like hooligans? Boy, have we got a place for you! Enter the city's police department, consistent of: Officers, Detectives, State Troopers and the Police Chief, as well as a full S.W.A.T team to mitigate high-risk, sweat-drawing situations. Got an itchy trigger finger? Tell the judge it was self-defense and take the plunge into dicey public relations crisis mode! Who cares? It's your character!

And for those who don't want to be involved, well—kick back, relax and enjoy the sweet taste of stomach-churning, artery-clogging slop from the city's various local food chains. Have a nice rib-eye steak or—for those animal-loving tree-huggers among us—a nice salad or tofu dish! Pick up the city paper, vote at the ballot box and make sure to work. Take a job at the Fire Department, Clinic, Waste Management Plant or start your own business adventure! The world is your oyster, and it hopefully has no missing textures!

So... Outside?

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

TOPICAL ROLE PLAY

EUrp

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Premium Member
Nebulae
Sure I guess?

--

In terms of other ideas, I also really like an in-depth prison role play server. Now that has some intense potential imho.
the return of the b block bashers and a block arteries

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
hl2rp but set in a single street/small area with no areas for any factions outside of citizens. shops exist and cop presence is low as fuck. people can roleplay as being apart of other factions but would never work on the server outside of events instead relying on either their own imagination or forum roleplay.

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Premium Member
Nebulae
hl2rp but set in a single street/small area with no areas for any factions outside of citizens. shops exist and cop presence is low as fuck. people can roleplay as being apart of other factions but would never work on the server outside of events instead relying on either their own imagination or forum roleplay.
doomer citizen apartment block rp

Godot

Electron
Nebulae
Well, here is my next idea for people to read if they're interested in it.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

latest

Ace Attorney Serious RP!

How would this work out?
  • The map of AA Serious RP would be a regular city RP map, except various areas are cut off to make navigation easier. There would be a giant building which would be the Courthouse, a building for the Police Department full of NPCs, always watched by an Admin.​
  • Passive RP goes on in these buildings up until there is a New Case. Instead of things being like in real world, the Prosecutor and Defense Attorney is assigned to said case by the Admin running the Case Event.​
  • The map changes to a different city map or stays the same depending on the style of event. Using Policemen NPCs and such, the crime scene is guarded and such, free for the appointed Defense and Prosecutor to look around, search for clues, ask important people (usually Admins or Trusted Regulars) around, etc. This may be hard to do, but with good and creative thinking, it's definitely do-able.​
  • Every and any player can have a Defense or Prosecutor if they apply for it, but it is mandatory for them to have a Civilian character that either sides with prosecutors or the defense. If people want to participate in events, they can play on their Civilian every time there is a case, either eyeing the event from afar or themselves trying to get clues or even commit more crimes in the background. People would really need to work together during events on a server like this.​
  • These events could go on for hours. Long enough to have only one made per day, that's how long they could be, but there is a good reason for that: The attorney players determine whether they gathered every evidence/witness or not.​
  • Standard rules apply. Attorneys on the Case Event can talk to various Witnesses (usually Admins or Trusted Regulars), one of which is most likely the true culprit.​
  • Only an Admin can be the Judge, unless a regular player is really really trusted and they make a super detailed forum conversation/application.​
  • Detectives that lead the cases can choose to provide the right or wrong information to the Defense/Prosecutor depending on their personal relationships with them. Obviously IC actions come with IC consequences if found out. Players can apply to be part of the Police Department but that's just as difficult to join as it is to join the Special Forces.​
  • After the Case Event is over, the map changes back to the main map for discussion or it instantly changes to that one courtroom map. The players that only have a Civilian are allowed to become a jury during court and can continue to Passive RP with their buddies in silence or whispering, and they can have an outrage every or any time, which the Judge can stop by yelling the favorite line: "ORDER, ORDER IN THE COURT!"​
What do you think? Would you have more ideas to add to this specific idea? Would this work out?
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Bet @Blackquill would like it, tbh. Might have missed some ideas here and there. Hope you enjoy the reading!

Larry Gibbons

Proton
Nebulae
Gibbons Inc. Roleplay.

Come to work, get yelled at, and possible raped by your superior, go home, and get a traffic ticket on the way back to your 'house' where you have money printers that you stole from the US Treasury Department, as well as a drug operation in your bathtub.

Let's also not forget, a banana farm in the backyard that actually got you more money than money printing and the drug operation combined because bananas are a fucking high commodity.

Lol. Good ole days.