What was Judith Mossman actually doing

Thood74

Molecule
Premium Member
Nebulae
wfuXfMM.png
Hey guys I’m kinda hungry after all that fighting over Geneva can I get a melon or something before we senselessly die in the Alps

Reactions: List

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
There’s actually two separate Wikies that are currently being operated by two separate groups of people.

The Combine Overwiki is a completely separate project than the old one I was referring to. Many people use that website than the regular one due to how misinformative and unmoderated it was since 10 years ago (and still to this day) The reason I say this because I was actually an editor there for one of the articles (The Air Exchange).

There’s also the fact that wikis (as a whole) can be not reliable sources of information since most of them can be edited by anyone. It’s more preferable for people to go through the actual source material that were made by the real people themselves.

Nice gif tho.
I assume you are referring to the fandom wiki? That is unreliable, yes

Source material is provided in references most of the time, the wikis just condense it into a small package
Wikipedia can be edited by anyone too, yet it's used as a source of reliable information globally

I haven't seen an unreliable piece of information on the Over/Portal wikis once, their moderation is pretty strict

Maytree

Black Hole
Nebulae
I assume you are referring to the fandom wiki? That is unreliable, yes

Source material is provided in references most of the time, the wikis just condense it into a small package
Wikipedia can be edited by anyone too, yet it's used as a source of reliable information globally
aZrDyOq.png

Simple google search. Even Wikipedia stated itself are Wikis aren't reliable in most cases (unless providing evidence otherwise). In this case of Judish Mossman, me and other people have already explained that she isn't some double agent for the Resistance, so I truly don't get what you're on about. The mention of her being so in the Combine Wiki doesn't have an actual source it was rather speculative. It's likely a faulty error from the editor in question, which -does- happen even in highly moderated wikies (it's just a matter of fact of enforcing quality to make it errors like these happen less). Overwiki is still a better alternative to it's predecessor however.
I haven't seen an unreliable piece of information on the Over/Portal wikis once, their moderation is pretty strict
I... Didn't say that Overwiki wasn't a valuable source of information. I only mentioned that the Fandom Half-Life Wiki is unreliable.

OneClassyBanana

kilroy was here
Nebulae
There was a whole discussion in staffcord yesterday about how handy citations are. I've combed a lot of their shit myself, and while nothing's perfect, OverWiki's citation work is damned thorough, almost always indicating the exact page of a publication a snippet of information was found in for reference and scrutiny. Pretty nifty, and leaps more reliable than the alternative. Anyway.

She probably wasn't always a triple-agent on behalf of the Resistance proper, and OverWiki never actually claims she was, but the line she drops when crossing Wally is interesting.

"We're doing what I could never do alone. We're stopping you."

If you take her at her word, that'd seem to indicate that, while it could have initially started with her resentment and jealousy towards Gordon's Innsbruck cred snatching a job spot out from under her, her gig as a Combine mole may have already become a 'I don't necessarily want to do this but I'm in too deep' situation before Gordon actually even showed up in Seventeen. So while she may not have been a planned triple-agent, she may have genuinely become one of her own volition and just never saw an opportunity to make a move.

The fact that she seems to genuinely care about Eli's well-being and expresses some earnest remorse for his capture and treatment would seem to point in favor of her already having some standing doubts well before Gordon got up to Breen's office. Whether those doubts were well-established or only developed in the week between Prospekt and the street war ... who can say.

Alternatively,

She was being a lying whore

This could be true all the way up to her betraying Breen, maybe she really didn't grow a conscience up until that very second.

Last edited:

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
In this case of Judish Mossman, me and other people have already explained that she isn't some double agent for the Resistance, so I truly don't get what you're on about. The mention of her being so in the Combine Wiki doesn't have an actual source it was rather speculative.
i wasnt replying to the judith mossman converstion at all lol, just the "all wikis are bad" thing

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
before Gordon got up to Breen's office.
Something to remember is that the entire fate of our actual universe hinged on Gordon getting into the Breen pod and not one that lead straight to the Stalker dick chopping facility

Last edited:

Maytree

Black Hole
Nebulae
There was a whole discussion in staffcord yesterday about how handy citations are. I've combed a lot of their shit myself, and while nothing's perfect, OverWiki's citation work is damned thorough, almost always indicating the exact page of a publication a snippet of information was found in for reference and scrutiny. Pretty nifty, and leaps more reliable than the alternative. Anyway.

She probably wasn't always a triple-agent on behalf of the Resistance proper, and Overwiki never actually claims she was, but the line she drops when crossing Wally is interesting.

If you take her at her word, that'd seem to indicate that, while it could have initially started with her resentment and jealousy towards Gordon's Innsbruck cred snatching a job spot out from under her, her gig as a Combine mole may have already become a 'I don't necessarily want to do this but I'm in too deep' situation before Gordon actually even showed up in Seventeen. So while she may not have been a planned triple-agent, she may have genuinely become one of her own volition and just never saw an opportunity to make a move.

The fact that she seems to genuinely care about Eli's well-being and expresses some earnest remorse for his capture and treatment would seem to point in favor of her already having some standing doubts well before Gordon got up to Breen's office. Whether those doubts were long-standing or only developed in the week between Prospekt and the street war ... who can say.

Alternatively,

This could be true all the way up to her betraying Breen, maybe she really didn't grow a conscience up until that very second.
Good read! She must've favored "winning sides", but not without conditions. While she was completely fine with handing over Black Mesa Easts and its inhabitants to Black Mesa, she preferred to keep her old colleagues alive, even if they'll despise her for what she had been doing.

I do insist that she wasn't a double agent from the start. Otherwise, why would she try to lie to Alyx and Gordon about being a capture when both of them discovered the truth? And why would she try to escape to the Citadel through her newly constructed portal from both of them during Nova Prospekt (with delivering Eli with herself)?

I do agree. Judish was likely playing both sides due to craving for personal accomplishment. In Epistle 3, she attempted to go against Eli's wish to have the Borealis destroyed and take the ship for herself. That is until Alyx shot her in the spot. She only cared for herself along with her ambitions of achieving power through teleportation, which costed the lives on both sides of the conflict.

Thood74

Molecule
Premium Member
Nebulae
Why didn't Breen just kill Freeman when he had him captured in his office

Is he stupid?
He thought he'd be able to use him to negotiate a surrender (even though he's mute) instead of make him a martyr alongside alyx and eli, and by the time he decided he was done with them he thought it'd be more painful for them to go on the other end of a Combine portal

OneClassyBanana

kilroy was here
Nebulae
He thought he'd be able to use him to negotiate a surrender (even though he's mute) instead of make him a martyr alongside alyx and eli, and by the time he decided he was done with them he thought it'd be more painful for them to go on the other end of a Combine portal
This is no longer the Serious And Also Correct Answers thread.

Show yourself to the door.