What was/were your favorite WW3RP map(s) and why?

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
A map so fucking small that in the first hour, both sides zero'd in their mortars to constantly blast the bunker gates.
The real issue was the uphill factor.
The faction at the bottom of the map was completely fucked, because every piece of cover was made for the side with the high ground

Reactions: List

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
The real issue was the uphill factor.
The faction at the bottom of the map was completely fucked, because every piece of cover was made for the side with the high ground

Fucking hell I just checked the release date on that map, nearly 4 years old now.
Here's hoping I am not as shit at level design now days.

metropaun

hass ist keine emotion sondern ein zustand
Nebulae
wartorn was a pretty cool map

ineu valley was fun to play despite it giving me -7 fps

evocity was also alot of fun, same goes for paralake

rp_pripyat meet me tex 3 pm no kicking

Black Rain (1989)

The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Chardust
Nebulae
The map with all the dead NATO.

THIS POST WAS MADE BY COMMIE GANG.

Nah, for real I loved the Berlin map we used to represent Vienna but overall it wouls probably be Paralake or that snow one with the mountains that is dark af.

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
The map with all the dead NATO.

THIS POST WAS MADE BY COMMIE GANG.

Nah, for real I loved the Berlin map we used to represent Vienna but overall it wouls probably be Paralake or that snow one with the mountains that is dark af.
ah, the snow so dark it turned around into being purple.

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
frostbite and metro were my favorites, I didn't play lp or modern lore so my palate is limited

I liked how both maps required more teamwork than any other, you could be cqc with a patrol that 5 seconds ago you didn't know was there and shit like that

i and many others shit themselves many times on each map

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
frostbite had completely slipped my mind. honorable mention because i had fun being virtually invisible when hiding against rocks so i could snipe dirty coals

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
frostbite is a timeless classic

despite its laughable textures and lack of beauty, it's design and formula allowed for sick as fuck infantry fights across wide areas that aren't possible in the usual flat maps nowadays

Gabe

Molecule
Nebulae
I'd also say Frostbite gives a lot of good options on ambush points and Guerrilla warfare in general due to the darkness, the trees and the mountain tops that can be used to ambush an opponent without him even knowing where you are. Also the bases in frostbite are good too, big enough to put everything in it with some additional stuff if anyone wanted.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I only played WW3 once or twice but I had fun on the map it was on - Metro.

We used it for HL2 events before as well but its different when you are trying to navigate the tunnels and bump into an enemy squad or ambush.

Angel

Nebulae
I only played WW3 once or twice but I had fun on the map it was on - Metro. We used it for HL2 events before as well but its different when you are trying to navigate the tunnels and bump into an enemy squad or ambush.
Metro is good for small periods of time/events

as a permanent map it's not too fun or friendly, imo

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
ye when mendel did it for only a week it was hella fun

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Metro is good for small periods of time/events

as a permanent map it's not too fun or friendly, imo
the biggest downside was it completely murdered some factions when they were long term picks (playing a pilot meant you may or may not get to play your character for months on end due to the map that is picked)

Angel

Nebulae
the biggest downside was it completely murdered some factions when they were long term picks (playing a pilot meant you may or may not get to play your character for months on end due to the map that is picked)
Engineering branch also became pretty useless.
They turned into infantry, pretty much.

Angel

Nebulae
not true

mines and traps became the most important part of a firefight
Pretty sure during those times, everyone was allowed to place mines, as long as they obtained them, with SF vendor, engineering vendor and some other vendor having them (coalition at least)

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
ye the variant i played only engineers and sf engineers were allowed to plant mines

they are the best notification of an incoming fireteam