What was/were your favorite WW3RP map(s) and why?

not tiger

Proton
Nebulae
didn't really like paralake despite being the one to have it implemented. never planned on ww3rp staying on it for too long.
really liked refugee for the atmosphere and cqc especially with mines.
liked evocity too for the gameplay and felt it offered a lot of rp opportunities. glad we picked it.

Had quite a few plans for maps in the future before I resigned.
I wanted to make use of
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=598728281
this collection, as well as a few other maps not on here.

Empire Mod had good maps. The collection had good maps that I wanted to make use of for events. Had some pretty decent ones that I wanted to try on main server too.

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
Engineering branch also became pretty useless.
Huh? Mines were easily the scariest part of metro that made engineers a force to be reckoned with

I'm pretty sure the only reason I ever had engineer whitelist was that map
[doublepost=1544891265][/doublepost]
what happened to @Tiger
i dont think ive ever seen that guy write a /me

D

Deleted member 243

We better be getting this back

Please I beg you

Anyhow my favourite map was pripyat and berlin

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
The best thing Helix could do is not lag pilots to death so they crash land everyone into a POW cell

Tiger

Child Soldier
Nebulae
Who dares summon me @A Person
Starting off with my favourite:
rp_lp_fork
E2C754C07E0A7DC79D35A84BD5B37EA064C01DC1

A huge diverse map that offered a wide range of opportunities for events, I believe that there are still some unique event ideas that could be performed on this map but onto the main subject. It was huge and with the implementation of grappling gear the map size seemingly increased with more possibilities for factions to set up ambushes or have rooftop firefights.The two main factions bases were far apart preventing easy hit and run operations from either side, if you wished to gamble your character base attacking you'd have to run across the map just to reach your base again and even then you may not be safe. Aircraft had enough space to be used and the map even had an airport which allowed jets to easily take off. Fork has roads covering majority of its land allowing vehicles to easily traverse it The thick forest allowed smaller squads to take out larger squads with minimum casualties if they used superior tactics and knew the maps layout. If you squad was wiped out the map has many places to hide and it was always fun to escape from a 8 man squad when you're on your own. The map itself looked very aesthetically pleasing suited to a wide variety of fog thicknesses

TL: DR: A very nice and big map that was relatively fair to both major factions, suitable for aircraft and vehicles lots of opportunities for events
Link :grinning:
Second:
rp_chaos_city_v33x_03

80ADEDEE6F7D602D6374D87B052653126814ADD8

This map wasn't too big but it also wasn't too small, a good side. This map wasn't used on nebulous but instead used on LemonPunch, a lot of people disliked this map due to the city choke point but I found this type of combat quite fun, if smoked correctly it could be pushed through. Combat in the city was fun as it wasn't who could sit on top of the skyscrapers like the version nebulous used, the combat actually happened in the city or the apartments by the old Coalition tunnel focusing the firefights around CQC instead of long range skyscraper wars. This however is not too aircraft friendly but land vehicles are able to be used due to the large roads. Back to the choke point argument this could probably be countered quite easily using some props to block off the old camping spots. Civilians/Militia were easily able to encounter the main factions by simply going into the city, this usually granted both sides with unique roleplay. Events usually focused on the city which was probably the right thing to do since it was easily accessed by both factions

TL: DR: Pretty good map but it's not that big, not too aircraft friendly, land vehicles work okay, firefights mainly focused on CQC.
#globsatmcdonalds
8YAqY3p.png

Linko :grinning:

Third:
rp_pripyat
ED34E3833E1519E5E04212ABC0DDE03975874DEF

Another medium sized map that most players love and for good reason too. Firefights ranged from long range to CQC a balance of the two usually. Fights usually revolved around TEX, CQC inside it and long range from its surroundings. There was plenty of space for events and again like most maps seemingly increased in size with the introduction of grappling gear, allowing you to get onto of alot of buildings that were previously inaccessible. Not particularly aircraft friendly land vehicles worked quite well.

TL: DR: Pretty nice map that had a balance of CQC and long range combat, not very aircraft friendly land vehicles worked fine.
Linkio :grinning:
Fourth:

rp_stalker
D0EC3367504F1B51C9E16B5A91F367848ADB3B41

A relatively big map that is a WW3 classic, again firefights ranged from long range to CQC but I feel combat was focused more on long range.Firefights happened all over the map meaning majority of the map was used and not left without use. Aircraft is supported and so are land vehicles open paths or roads range across the map allowing vehicles to traverse it. There are alot of buildings and even an underground bunker allowing unique events to happen involving potentially lore affecting events.the school also being a popular event location.

TL: DR: A decent sized map that's a WW3 classic, combat ranged from long range to CQC more focused on longer range combat though. Lots of buildings available for events, aircraft and and land vehicles supported.
Linky :grinning:

Honourable Mentions:

aka i'm too lazy to say why i enjoyed them
rp_Stalker Winter v5
rp_warton
rp_outercanals_winter

rp_parlakecity_v1
rp_frostbite

I don't know if this this'll mean anything or if I'm just rambling on but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ enjoy

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
TL: DR: Pretty good map but it's not that big, not too aircraft friendly, land vehicles work okay, firefights mainly focused on CQC.
#globsatmcdonalds
8YAqY3p.png

Linko :grinning:
Ah yes, if I remember correctly, the McDonalds was the first place the Globalists captured and fortified.
This has also become my new binge thread.

Husky

Nebulae
My favourite was the one with the most drama.

But for real. The Stalker winter map was the map when I first joined ww3rp and I loved it, and still do to this day, it may just be nostalgia but it does have a place in my heart, second being fork, because I love fall damage and elevators of death. Third @Zak's map where I could base camp and snipe people in the enemy base from my base, good memes, great banter, excellent fall damage. 4th and final would be Burger 'We wuz' kangs map that @Tiger mentioned.

Husky

Nebulae
i dont think ive ever seen that guy write a /me
[19:36]
Husky:
Tiger
are the rumours true?
That you made people /it pretending to be you so you'd never do a /me?

[19:37]
Tiger:
yes of course
who started this rumour and how did they find out

Husky

Nebulae
I still think the Penal uniforms were without any doubt in my mind, the best uniforms and if you don't agree with me you're getting a beating.

D

Deleted member 243

I still think the Penal uniforms were without any doubt in my mind, the best uniforms and if you don't agree with me you're getting a beating.
Back to the Kettenhunde you go, friend

Y'all ever tried the Spearhead mod for CoH2? I want to play with real people bots

I need someone that uses Volkssturm, someone who uses the Kettenhunde and someone who is willing to use the 17th HitlerJugend abteilung to kick back the USF

Hudson

Electron
Nebulae
Best WW3RP map rp_salvation_2_stalker
EA9F4997872F245553A201022963F6AF249022D1

- Can make bases out of any of the 4 corners
- Lots of landmarks
- Plenty of cover, can actually have firefights from a defensive stance to generate potential passive RP outside of bases
- Lighting is out of control (aesthetic)
- Nostalgic bias

Reactions: List

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
Best WW3RP map rp_salvation_2_stalker
EA9F4997872F245553A201022963F6AF249022D1

- Can make bases out of any of the 4 corners
- Lots of landmarks
- Plenty of cover, can actually have firefights from a defensive stance to generate potential passive RP outside of bases
- Lighting is out of control (aesthetic)
- Nostalgic bias
larry the lizad
the gorilla
old weapons that had the accuracy of a civil war pistol
events nearly every day

the good times

Reactions: List