What's your family like?

York

Electron
Nebulae
my granddad was an airborne ranger in ww2 on the western front and he once killed a Wehrmacht soldier by choking him with a bootlace

Reactions: List

Tatpoepoe

Neutrino
Nebulae
Apparantly my ancestors founded Fifeshire, In Scottland, My nanna paid some company to look at her ancestors or somthing and they found that out, Pretty kool

Nebulae
Not surprisingly, my family mostly comes from North Vietnam.

My grandparents were either a part of the Vietcong or PAV or a worker for North Vietnam. So that's how I get my communist influence. Derp.

Bork

Roleplay Punisher
Nebulae
Not surprisingly, my family mostly comes from North Vietnam.

My grandparents were either a part of the Vietcong or PAV or a worker for North Vietnam. So that's how I get my communist influence. Derp.
remove

Chromesthesia_

Hailing from the same town as Sophie Dee
Nebulae
My great grandfather cooked for the troops in WW2.

LatvianViking

Proton
Nebulae
Okay so. My grandfather was enlisted in the Waffen-SS, 15th division in 1944, when he was just 18 years old. He survived the war and surrendered to the americans in 1945. Then he got relocated to a russian camp and then he somehow got back here. From his own words, war's the worst thing he's seen.
Also to mention, he had told a lot of stories about how they evaded russian patrols by hiding in hay stacks etc, pretty interesting.
EDIT: At first he was a Field Medic but later he somehow got MG42.

Deleted member 374

jesus christ denton
Nebulae
my great-grandmother narrowly avoided death at the hands of the ustashi in serbia during ww2

my grandfather was an artillery sergeant in vietnam and survived getting blown up in a tank.

and p. much everyone in my family are great cooks.

Nebulae
Here is a picture of my ancestor of however many greats.

cd885d29b1.jpg

Her name is Mary Todd Lincoln and she looks a lot like my grandmother wtf

My grandmother had her leg run over by a car back in 194X and had too many husbands. None of them were particularly good people—shitheads.
She married this Japanese guy once and then they like immediately divorced after they had their kid who is now my uncle.
I still think she's a bit of a dumbass and has poor judgement but she's a determined woman like my mom.

She and her sister had nutritional deficiencies thanks to WWII so my great aunt lost almost all of her adult teeth by her 20s (They basically fucking "dissolved". Have you ever had a tooth dissolve in your mouth before? It's like you're eating chunky sand.) and had to wear dentures or whatever you do when that happens at a young age.

My father's a millionaire who builds/works on portions (probably computer chips) of NASA satellites and who may or may not be in Finland right now. I think he lives in Arizona still. He's a good dude, I think.

My mother was a trooper and fought through a lifetime of shitheads and depression and bad choices while retaining an overall people-loving and positive personality. She worked with computers a lot and knew her shit—probably sparked my love for computers when we got our first one to share. She also loved men if you get what I mean. A high-IQ party-girl. She married the biggest shithead I know of in my family lineage and she got through it like said trooper.
She met my father and adored him because he's a fUCKiNG CHARM.
I guess a smart and social woman and a knowledgeable math guy got together and made an ultimate smart person.
Cough.

My great grandmother had red hair, supposedly.
That's where I get my ginger streaks and inner Satanism.

I think my half-brother was the first person in my family to get into the military. Ironic, seeing all these other posts and their heavily military family history. He's very smart and just as determined as most of my family.

My entire family has a history of high intelligence and just generally smart and able people that continues to be passed on in genetics. It also has a damn frustrating history of recurring abuse of all forms that is equally passed on in one way or another. I have begun to turn into a primal Spongegar in an effort to prepare my spear-related defenses whilst lowering my cynicism of society and heightening my love.

I am the only art-oriented person in my family (as of recent generations).

My family stories don't go back too far. I am just American.

Last edited:

LykosNychi

Nucleus
Nebulae
My great grandfather (Mother's father's side) was a navy officer aboard a canadian Subhunter in WW2. Three days before departure, he came down with the flu, and was quarantined from the ship. He ended up departing a week later on a different ship when his symptoms had passed. Interestingly, the sub hunter he was originally supposed to go on.. Well she went down with all hands lost. He came back alive, and lived to a grand old age.

My grandfather (mother's side) grew up in Sudbury, and became a canadian ambassador. In fact, he was the Canadian ambassador to Russia pre USSR collapse, and remained there during as well. His other posting include South Korea, Kuwait, and Egypt, and a brief non-ambassadorial diplomatic stint in New York

My grandmother (Mother's side) is a Filipino woman who's extremely racist, extremely bigoted, and extremely hateful to anyone who doesn't do as she says unquestioningly and immediately.

My Uncle (Mother's side) is a prominent DJ in my cities nightlife

My mother was in Iraq during 06/07, and is now a freelance photographer.

My dad was a homeless street punk who ran away from adoptive parents, did a lot of drug dealing, factory work, odd jobs, etc etc, until he had his first kid, my half brother. That's when he ended up settling down. However, he didn't fight to keep my brother, and that's probably what drove him so hard to fight to keep me.

My brother is basically a 2 year older version with me, although he watches a lot more anime than I do, and he has more pets.

E: My grandfather's brother is a professor at University of Toronto, and his son is going into game development, and his daughter is a freelance writer.

E2: And I'm a retail worker and hobbyist writer.

Last edited:

xxNoobTubezz

Certified Panzer Driver
Nebulae
My great grandfather (Mother's father's side) was a navy officer aboard a canadian Subhunter in WW2. Three days before departure, he came down with the flu, and was quarantined from the ship. He ended up departing a week later on a different ship when his symptoms had passed. Interestingly, the sub hunter he was originally supposed to go on.. Well she went down with all hands lost. He came back alive, and lived to a grand old age.

My grandfather (mother's side) grew up in Sudbury, and became a canadian ambassador. In fact, he was the Canadian ambassador to Russia pre USSR collapse, and remained there during as well. His other posting include South Korea, Kuwait, and Egypt, and a brief non-ambassadorial diplomatic stint in New York

My grandmother (Mother's side) is a Filipino woman who's extremely racist, extremely bigoted, and extremely hateful to anyone who doesn't do as she says unquestioningly and immediately.

My Uncle (Mother's side) is a prominent DJ in my cities nightlife

My mother was in Iraq during 06/07, and is now a freelance photographer.

My dad was a homeless street punk who ran away from adoptive parents, did a lot of drug dealing, factory work, odd jobs, etc etc, until he had his first kid, my half brother. That's when he ended up settling down. However, he didn't fight to keep my brother, and that's probably what drove him so hard to fight to keep me.

My brother is basically a 2 year older version with me, although he watches a lot more anime than I do, and he has more pets.

E: My grandfather's brother is a professor at University of Toronto, and his son is going into game development, and his daughter is a freelance writer.

56388698.jpg

Gene

Neutrino
Nebulae
My family have two sides as usual: side of my mom which is huge cause she was born at Caucasus and have a lot of relatives there.
And my father which side is little, cause a lot of them are dead in many wars (some kind of military dynasty).
My mother was born at small place at Caucasus called Mayski (I was born there too) at 1963. Her name is Marina. She has diploma of High Education in economics , after receiving which she had gone far to the north of Russia to work as an accountant for an oil company. There's also the North met my father. All her life she worked as an accountant , and quite early retired due to work in the harsh climate . Now she is engaged in the education of their grandchildren and gossiping with my girlfriend .
7VKYZCX04aQ.jpg
MnZM8_FTauY.jpg

My father was born in a village near of Kazan' in 1963 as my mom. His name is Igor Vershinin. He was only one boy in a family. His father was a soldier and dead on a border with China.
6F-bmrfKTX4.jpg

My father also was liquidator of Chernobol accident in 1986 , because at that time he passed military service in the missile troops , and volunteered . His task was delivery of sand to the burning reactor. After it he was worked as cop at the North of country where met my mom.
(he is the left)
Jt4luCK2dDc.jpg

In early 2000s, he took a part in Second Chechen War, and was a part of special forces platoon. He served near of Grozny for two years, and was a sergeant. He has seven medals, one of them is Medal of Honor.
There are some photos from war (i know you like it):
GZYbjA_xnhs.jpg
(he is on the right)

wUuX7zl6ekg.jpg
(he is on the left again)

1BeiS8i2aqM.jpg
(and on the left again)
2noTVBzPy78.jpg
(he is on the right)

After that war he was served as policeman for a six years, and became an businessman and still he is.

Also, I have one sister which has a husband and three kids, one of them boy. Her name is Diana.
And by the way I have a girlfriend (not as you loal), her name Sasha. Nothing to say about her, because she is just gorgeous and I love her as fuck.

Bork

Roleplay Punisher
Nebulae
My family have two sides as usual: side of my mom which is huge cause she was born at Caucasus and have a lot of relatives there.
And my father which side is little, cause a lot of them are dead in many wars (some kind of military dynasty).
My mother was born at small place at Caucasus called Mayski (I was born there too) at 1963. Her name is Marina. She has diploma of High Education in economics , after receiving which she had gone far to the north of Russia to work as an accountant for an oil company. There's also the North met my father. All her life she worked as an accountant , and quite early retired due to work in the harsh climate . Now she is engaged in the education of their grandchildren and gossiping with my girlfriend .
7VKYZCX04aQ.jpg
MnZM8_FTauY.jpg

My father was born in a village near of Kazan' in 1963 as my mom. His name is Igor Vershinin. He was only one boy in a family. His father was a soldier and dead on a border with China.
6F-bmrfKTX4.jpg

My father also was liquidator of Chernobol accident in 1986 , because at that time he passed military service in the missile troops , and volunteered . His task was delivery of sand to the burning reactor. After it he was worked as cop at the North of country where met my mom.
(he is the left)
Jt4luCK2dDc.jpg

In early 2000s, he took a part in Second Chechen War, and was a part of special forces platoon. He served near of Grozny for two years, and was a sergeant. He has seven medals, one of them is Medal of Honor.
There are some photos from war (i know you like it):
GZYbjA_xnhs.jpg
(he is on the right)

wUuX7zl6ekg.jpg
(he is on the left again)

1BeiS8i2aqM.jpg
(and on the left again)
2noTVBzPy78.jpg
(he is on the right)

After that war he was served as policeman for a six years, and became an businessman and still he is.

Also, I have one sister which has a husband and three kids, one of them boy. Her name is Diana.
And by the way I have a girlfriend (not as you loal), her name Sasha. Nothing to say about her, because she is just gorgeous and I love her as fuck.
epic

Frostwind

userTitle
Nebulae
every male in my family seems to have been in the military.

and my grandmother apparently makes the best beans around, too bad i don't like beans.