where does your forum/steam name come from?

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
wait have you posted your story yet
i remember you posting in the lp and it was feels beyond human recognition
In 2009 I started as a freshmen in community college. I was a double major in psych and soci. In my sociology class thhere was a girl who was paired with me for a collaborative project.

At the time I was a very mean, angry, and a jerk of a person. So, naturally, I told her to just shut the fuck up, let me do all the work so we can both get an easy A. I certainly did not want to collaborate, let alone trust her being competent with ideas.

At first she kept her distance, but always looking over to see what I was doing. Not really saying anything.

My harshness continued until she timidly announced a suggestion. It was not actually half bad of an idea... Actually, it really threw me off because it basically invalidated my entire project off. Hubris, huh?

That said, we decided to actually collaborate on the project as a functional team. Very odd, that never happens. We ended up getting a B.

Past the due date of the project she and I kept talking. We'd hangout after class in the library and just shoot the bull. I never honestly seeked her out, it was always her that would start a conversation or ask to hang out. Something I now regret not doing.

One day she asked if we could go out to get dinner. Sure, I thought it might be enjoyable.

I arrived at her house in casual clothing - nothing fancy, a tshirt and cargo pants. I never thought anything of it.

And then...

She opened the door. She wore this radiant smile on her face which was a part joy, part shyness, part anxiety. Along with this smile she wore this red dress.

I immediately knew I screwed up. This was not going out to eat, this was a date. And yet, something more was wrong than my oblivious attire:

She was still smiling after seeing me in my less than fancy clothing. It seems she did not care, though. She introduced me to her parents which was super nerve wrecking, but they were equally kind. I instantly knew where Ave inherited her smile from.

We went out for dinner and after we walled around a park without our shoes on. We found a bench where we just sat and talked.

It was this night where she told me a lot of things about herself. The dress she wore was once her grandmothers who wore it to her first date, who gave it to Ave's mother, who wore it on her first date, and now Ave recieved it - for her first date.

Ave hoped to eventually give it to her daughter one day.

Ave like to collect books of arthurian lore and folk stories.

Ave never really knew what she wamter her job to be as an adult.

Ave believed that inspiration is best found through nature.

Ave did not believe in the death penalty was a just sentence.

Ave believed in a cyclical afterlife of positive and negative energy.

Ave was dying of brain cancer.

It was a couple of months past the date when her father took a job in England, a place where her daughter always wamted to go. So they moved.

I saw Aveline off, and we shared her first and last kiss. Does itvmatter that it was on the lips?

Months went by, a year went by, a year and a half.

I recieved word that they were returning to the States, back to her hometown.

We become much closer. Though, as harsh as it sounds.. I never fell in love with her. I loved her. I did. I do. But I never fell in love with her.

Time went on. Ave's health eventually arrested her to bedside.

Just know that "bad day" is when holding a person's hand next to them in bed is more intimate than a first kiss.

She would periodically ask me to sing to her as we shared a favorite band. I am a god awful singer, but for her I sung and sung my heart out.

Aveline passed away several days before her 20th birthday.

So, why Red Dress?

It is in honor of her and to pass along the reminder that she had dreams past more than herself, onto her never-to-be daughter. It is a reminder that I should live tthe life she never got to. To live life and do things I want to because I am passionate about doing.

Still, there was a time (it never really leaves) where I wonder wether or not if I could have saved her if I showed her the love and kindness she showed me. That unconditional love she deserved and was not allowed. Compassion does wonders. it really is amazong what kindess heals. People do not realize that it makes a huge amount of difference.

And whether or not it is silly. I learned to believe in the afterlife. Something similar to what she believed. Maybe it is reminance of grief, maybe it is just necesaary for me to cope with her death. Either way, it is something I believe in spirit.

Through her friendship, I learned to be more compassionate.

My heart has healed from the loss of her and her friendship, but I still have the memory of the great (albeit brief) times we shared

Red Dress

Proton
Nebulae
wait have you posted your story yet
i remember you posting in the lp and it was feels beyond human recognition

I was not sure, but then I went and sleuthed through some archived stuff in my google docs and I did!

Dr.fluffe

Still waiting for ration bomb 2
Nebulae
I originally had mrfluffe that I used when I played minecraft but later changed it to Dr.fluffe because of a troll that kept following me in servers just to door camp me. (also it's pronounced fluffy)

Smiley

Navy is a colour
Nebulae
I was 6 and liked playing call of duty, eventually I came across Ghost and fell in love, I didn't have Xbox live so I didn't need a gamer tag but when I did I decided to name it ghost, but it wasn't enough so I had to add max but maxghost didn't sound right so my mum said MaxTheGhost and I guess it clicked

Red Dress

Proton
Nebulae
@Ace I know you probably meant no harm in putting a funny flair for my post, and for the most part it is pretty trivial.

I just want you to know that it was very bad taste in a joke, but on a deeper level it stings and hurts due to the inconsideration.

So, on one hand: haha. On another: grow the fuck up.

PrincessKatey

Nucleus
Nebulae
I'm royalty and my name is Kate but I think PrincessKatey like and sounds Better to PrincessKate

D

Deleted member 243

Forum: my minge character names were always Tyrone, and male_03

now i embrace my past and seek redemption without acceptance from anyone...

steam: tyronimous maximus was an original egyptian yes, but he was a roman emperor.. we wuz kangz n shiet

Reactions: List

MaelRadecs

Best Damn ODST
Nebulae
This sums it up pretty well.

latest

Reactions: List

The Medic

String
Nebulae
Every game I play I seem to be The Medic healing people and keeping the team alive.

I own it now.

Nebulae
I loved the madness combat series as a 10 Y/O kid, then I named myself hank (the main character) everywhere. My forename was stone first because yes, then I started setting up shops at some games and all the titles had snake references and ended up forenaming myself to snake. Later, I randlomly saw a guy's forename "Walker" and said "HOLY SHIT HANK WALKER SOUNDS FREAKIN EPIC" Now I'm Hank Walker.

D

Deleted member 1381

the game Black Mesa, was rubbish at thinking of names so I just took the Black off and I thought it sounded alright