Why furries dont deserve hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

depthjacks

Proton
Nebulae
Now, for those who dont know, I've been doing some searching on the fandom, in terms of what it revolves around, what it does, etc. I have read a lot of survey's, i have even went on a few cons, to see why do people hate the furry fandom. And from what i've gained, combined with talking to most of the popular members of the fandom, i have came to a conclusion, that the furry fandom isn't bad.

First off, i would like to begin with the base idea of the furry fandom. The furry fandom is revolved around the idea of animals having human characteristics. For examples we can take fictional characters like Mickey Mouse, Nick Wilde, etc.

Second, is the activities in the fandom. The furry fandom contains a lot of art, literature, and roleplaying. Having characters (or fursonas, as the fandom calls them) is the main thing which holds the fandom, given the fact that it doesnt have some kind of a franchise, or anything related to follow(like cartoons, or video games), compared to almost all fandoms.

The furry fandom lives off only its members, and nothing else. Another thing which the furry fandom does is roleplaying. Ya know, these people who are dressed in fursuits, guess what, they're roleplaying a character they have created. Sadly, some of these activities do infact have a bad side, such as nsfw fiction, like art and literature, even as far as irl sex toys, by companies like bad dragon, and mursuits (which are different, compared to fursuits).

Thankfully, the bad part of the fandom isnt that popular. I have read a lot of survey's, talked to members of the fandom, and from what I've found, the fandom's bad side isnt so powerful. Infact, its getting lower and lower, due to the fandoms measures it has started to take (which will be explained later). Number 3, the members of the furry fandom. One of the features which the furry fandom has, is that its too accepting. That specific feature has nowadays backfired (but it will be explained later), but it has also helped out alot too.

The fandom has all sorts of members. One of the things is the age variation. The fandom can have members from 13 to 60 years old. Another good thing about the fandom, is that it likes to support not only its member, but so do other people. For an example lets take the lgbt. The fandom is very friendly toward that specific group, and has even helped out furries(lets call the members of the fandom like this, for now), who are also in the lgbt to come out and not be afraid from who they really are. Even in one of the latest cons that happened this year, there were special tags for people to show their pronoun, so that others do not confuse them.

But, even with all this positivity, there are also a bad side. One of the popular members of the fandom was found out to be a pedophile, others were extremely racist, and even nazis were exposed, believe it or not. But thankfully, the good side of the fandom has indeed taken action, by protesting againts these kinds of people. And how did they do it? Well, in one of the latest cons, there were the so called "Fuck off nazi fur" bandges, which members of the fandom would wear at cons, and even type said quote on online profiles, and so much more.

The fandom has indeed tried to improve itself lately, which has lead into a great improvements in its structure. Now, am i expecting to change something with the thread i have just made? No. However, what i wanted to do was to show you why the furry fandom, and its members, isnt as a bad as other have told you. I will be very thankful if you have reached this place, if there was something i have not explained right, or have made a mistake, please tell me what it is. I would love to fix it. Anyways, thanks you fot reading this, and i hope you have a great day.

EDIT: Why do i have the feeling that no one has noticed my "1 hour spend on typing" wall of virtual text?

EDIT 2: Im gonna ask the website owners to turn off replies to this thread, since first, i cannot seem to find this option, and second, this reply section is fucking mental. I apoligise for making you waste your time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1392

tbh i dont really hate em, i just find them shit flying fuck creepy or sometimes cute, depends in the situation i am in

Reactions: List

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
Because the ones you usually hear about are creepy folks, even though things like these happen too:

My personal mindset is that if you aren't extreme about it, you're good.

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
furries get hate because the ones that make publicity the most are absolute degenerates who would probably be arrested for what they do

the furry community also has a lot of terrible people in it

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
like any cultural group, a few bad apples spoil the bunch

if somebody wants to get off to horsecock on their own time or with other people who are into it, by all means, go for it

if you wanna have a furry icon on a forum as a means of self expression, you do you my man

it's mainly the "*tackleglomps u* OwO haiii" crowd that brings the negative stereotype into places that are completely irrelevant that causes problems, considering they're actively forcing it onto people who don't share the same interests

Nebulae
They piss in a ball pit

Throw dirty diapers at cars during their conventions

Plenty of them are SJW queers.

1451129643817.png

tera

Atom
Nebulae
It's because of some individuals who are making themselves out to be really big fools and making it sort of a public thing. The one that likes to do all those owo/uwu shit or just really portray themselves negatively in front of other people or just like to shove it down their throat. I won't also deny that there are quite a number of terrible people in the fandom itself but you still can also find few decent people within it.

Generally I don't really think that furry as a group should deserve hate anymore than other interest groups and should be left alone in doing their thing but like I said, some of those people who are mad ape-shit about them and start forcing their interest or decided to be extremely public about about everything they do in the furry fandom which also included the owo shit, eventually leading others to hate them. You can't stop ppl from generalizing an entire group based on the actions of some unfortunately. Or the fact that ppl still find the concept of furry unusual.

Last edited:

Postino

Atom
Nebulae
Now, for those who dont know, I've been doing some searching on the fandom, in terms of what it revolves around, what it does, etc. I have read a lot of survey's, i have even went on a few cons, to see why do people hate the furry fandom. And from what i've gained, combined with talking to most of the popular members of the fandom, i have came to a conclusion, that the furry fandom isn't bad. First off, i would like to begin with the base idea of the furry fandom. The furry fandom is revolved around the idea of animals having human characteristics. For examples we can take fictional characters like Mickey Mouse, Nick Wilde, etc. Second, is the activities in the fandom. The furry fandom contains a lot of art, literature, and roleplaying. Having characters (or fursonas, as the fandom calls them) is the main thing which holds the fandom, given the fact that it doesnt have some kind of a franchise, or anything related to follow(like cartoons, or video games), compared to almost all fandoms. The furry fandom lives off only its members, and nothing else. Another thing which the furry fandom does is roleplaying. Ya know, these people who are dressed in fursuits, guess what, they're roleplaying a character they have created. Sadly, some of these activities do infact have a bad side, such as nsfw fiction, like art and literature, even as far as irl sex toys, by companies like bad dragon, and mursuits (which are different, compared to fursuits). Thankfully, the bad part of the fandom isnt that popular. I have read a lot of survey's, talked to members of the fandom, and from what I've found, the fandom's bad side isnt so powerful. Infact, its getting lower and lower, due to the fandoms measures it has started to take (which will be explained later). Number 3, the members of the furry fandom. One of the features which the furry fandom has, is that its too accepting. That specific feature has nowadays backfired (but it will be explained later), but it has also helped out alot too. The fandom has all sorts of members. One of the things is the age variation. The fandom can have members from 13 to 60 years old. Another good thing about the fandom, is that it likes to support not only its member, but so do other people. For an example lets take the lgbt. The fandom is very friendly toward that specific group, and has even helped out furries(lets call the members of the fandom like this, for now), who are also in the lgbt to come out and not be afraid from who they really are. Even in one of the latest cons that happened this year, there were special tags for people to show their pronoun, so that others do not confuse them. But, even with all this positivity, there are also a bad side. One of the popular members of the fandom was found out to be a pedophile, others were extremely racist, and even nazis were exposed, believe it or not. But thankfully, the good side of the fandom has indeed taken action, by protesting againts these kinds of people. And how did they do it? Well, in one of the latest cons, there were the so called "Fuck off nazi fur" bandges, which members of the fandom would wear at cons, and even type said quote on online profiles, and so much more. The fandom has indeed tried to improve itself lately, which has lead into a great improvements in its structure. Now, am i expecting to change something with the thread i have just made? No. However, what i wanted to do was to show you why the furry fandom, and its members, isnt as a bad as other have told you. I will be very thankful if you have reached this place, if there was something i have not explained right, or have made a mistake, please tell me what it is. I would love to fix it. Anyways, thanks you fot reading this, and i hope you have a great day.

EDIT: Why didnt i name the title of the thread "Why furries dont deserve hate". What i wasted 1 hour on typing is completely useless.
a9c.png

depthjacks

Proton
Nebulae
They piss in a ball pit

Throw dirty diapers at cars during their conventions

Plenty of them are SJW queers.

1451129643817.png
Yes, there WERE moments like these in the fandom, but as i had typed down, i explained that i have done a lot of research, and i have noticed that the fandom is starting to get better and better.

Josh

Nucleus
Nebulae
go ahead and roleplay in a fursuit, does not and will not bother me, you're not hurting anyone from doing it so it's hard to get pissed off by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.