Will You Be Playing?

PepicWalrus

Electron
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I think it's safe to say no iteration / timeline lasts forever. That's the reality of it. I'm not sure why anyone expects otherwise or it's even a discussion. It shouldn't be a matter of "muh doomed project"

There's plenty of fun to be had during the time it is up for those who want to enjoy it. That goes for any iteration. It shouldn't really matter how different things are on a technical matter so long as the tools are there and the stories people are playing out are good.

Obviously the goal is to get to a point where it is satisfying to end but at the very least what did happen should also be memorable with the right people. I definitely think projects should be planned to eventually have end points, be in short term or a long term goal but the journey is what should ultimately matter. As Numbers said if he could make something that lasted forever he'd be selling it.

Reactions: List
Nebulae
Well, in all fairness to @Wolfaye™ , he did bring up a very valid point, but nobody answered him.

Why should we, the players be excited for this launch?
I voiced similar concerns on https://nebulous.cloud/threads/a-peek-into-hl2rp²-so-far.58580/page-17#post-1416064, but nobody gave me an answer.

With all due respect lads, let's keep it a buck 50.
Is it easy starting a server, especially one related to serious RP? No.
Are there valid criticisms to make? Yes.

Sure, Wolfaye's second post was quite negative, but it's the blunt truth, and I think the guy would probably like to play this new iteration of HL2:RP, but nobody is telling us why we should be excited.

bro bro said keep it a buck fiddy im dead

everything on neb forums funny asf today

Hunk

Extraction Point
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I've retracted my interest. Someone made an amazing point that:

Server Closes > People complain > Hypes Built up > Server relaunches with the same/similar format > Server hype lasts a month or two > People lose interest > Server Closes > Cycle repeats.

Disagree all you want but it's a harsh truth.

Where is GTARP anyhow
we dont do it to last forever

Tiësto

Neutrino
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I've retracted my interest. Someone made an amazing point that:

Server Closes > People complain > Hypes Built up > Server relaunches with the same/similar format > Server hype lasts a month or two > People lose interest > Server Closes > Cycle repeats.

Disagree all you want but it's a harsh truth.

Where is GTARP anyhow

hes-right-you-know-morgan-freeman.gif

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
People beating a dead horse so hard it's just packaged into sausages at this point. The argument ended days ago, no need to bring it up again.

As such, I'll take this as an opportunity to segue to ask: how many of y'all will be around on Day One? Make sure to rev up those video capturing software and flex your F12-pressing (or F5, whatever you use for screenshots) fingers. This'll be a launch to remember, I'm sure.

Nebulae
People beating a dead horse so hard it's just packaged into sausages at this point. The argument ended days ago, no need to bring it up again.

As such, I'll take this as an opportunity to segue to ask: how many of y'all will be around on Day One? Make sure to rev up those video capturing software and flex your F12-pressing (or F5, whatever you use for screenshots) fingers. This'll be a launch to remember, I'm sure.

pov:

day one four tribes of the marauders' shenanigans

@Northgate @Zeenz @Amiro @Poopship McGee @next fefsa @420Alex

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
There really can't be a single thread without people trying to stir shit for no reason

Flop

Secret dingus man
Nebulae
I desperately want to but I think I am too busy right now, either studies or hanging out with friends. Plus whitelists are useless to apply for, cause I'd be eating up a slot a poor soul could be wishing for whilst my dumbass is being busy with studies

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
neb hl2rp community be like 'yo, city rp gay, i want rp outside of the city'

also neb hl2rp community: 'yo, why would i play this?'

Mfers with literally no experience or understanding of how to run anything but one-shot events be like "yo, put months of work into making a server so we can tell you its dogshit and you should do this entirely unrelated idea its easy bro"