Willard Networks Discussion and its Future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
as a literal newbie, what made the playercount go into the dump? bc i remember seeing neb last year with a usual playercount of like 50 60 most nights what happened there
Neb has ups and downs. Despite what some people will tell you to be pointlessly contrarian and negative I can't name a server that's our age that isn't russian with a consistent player count.

It's a cycle. Also everyone was in lockdown last year.

Reactions: List

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
as a literal newbie, what made the playercount go into the dump? bc i remember seeing neb last year with a usual playercount of like 50 60 most nights what happened there

you get people who don't wanna play, they mention their problems and the guys who do play agree and go 'huh yeah alright he's got a point' and move on

i stopped playing cause i feel like the narrative is too imposing and limiting for certain factions and even when i try to go rebel its circlejerktastic and not enough cops to do any malicious shit

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
i don't think it being a business is the point of contention. who cares? we all know its a fucking business? what are you spazzes arguing about?

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
Neb has ups and downs. Despite what some people will tell you to be pointlessly contrarian and negative I can't name a server that's our age that isn't russian with a consistent player count.

It's a cycle. Also everyone was in lockdown last year.
the fucking russians. how do they do it.

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
Neb go up
Neb go down

Its the cycle of life. Do something interesting if you want.

Also be Pilotbland who goes “LIBERALIZE THE SERVER” and provide exactly 0 examples or follow up

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
you get people who don't wanna play, they mention their problems and the guys who do play agree and go 'huh yeah alright he's got a point' and move on
I (pilotbland) told people why I don't play (for the 9385939493th time) and suddenly the playercount dipped again which means they agreed with me (pilotbland) and quit

You have one hell of an ego lol

Remember when you literally told people that anything they did was dogshit and anti-Rp then whined that nobody did anything? I do.

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
with the rebel premium circlejerks it's pretty much that
sorry are we playing the same server??

is this fucking lemonpunch you’re talking about or what you’ve genuinely stumped me with this

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
I (pilotbland) told people why I don't play (for the 9385939493th time) and suddenly the playercount dipped again which means they agreed with me (pilotbland) and quit

You have one hell of an ego lol

Remember when you literally told people that anything they did was dogshit and anti-Rp then whined that nobody did anything? I do.

rabid trying to swing but his limbs are too short to reach like that

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
if enough people (staff and some players) make cool and interesting things on the server the people will come, but you need to be present, and you need to work on it actively

the environment should cater to this, that makes a community work

thanks for coming to my TedTalk

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
if enough people (staff and some players) make cool and interesting things on the server the people will come, but you need to be present, and you need to work on it actively

the environment should cater to this, that makes a community work

thanks for coming to my TedTalk

alright but what's the underlying message in your post? i mean who are you insulting?

Takyon

Proton
Nebulae
Neb go up
Neb go down

Its the cycle of life. Do something interesting if you want.

Also be Pilotbland who goes “LIBERALIZE THE SERVER” and provide exactly 0 examples or follow up
Look, I have a fresh perspective of the server and the community since this is the first time I've been here properly since like 2018. And from the looks of things it seems like the server is oversaturated with all these different groups and factions, most of which seem to be dead. It makes it hard for people to go on and start something because it probably already exists in some capacity, but in this hibernation state. Maybe a reset is what people need to get on and roleplay.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Maybe a reset is what people need to get on and roleplay.
It may be difficult for you to kinda see - I don't mean that derogatorily I mean that in the sense you just haven't been here in a few years - but this is a cycle Neb has had for literally years. Interest comes and goes; people get ideas and stuff flourishes then it hits a lull before people come back.

Unlike most communities, Neb doesn't live or die by one server. People come back to HL2RP eventually because its there and the options are there. Both recent resurgences have been because players have had ideas and staff have gone "great, sure". When you've been running an old gamemode for five years solid you can't really shake things up too much and expect it to last terribly long (which is why WN is trying to renovate HL2RP but isn't really changing anything at its core).

Takyon

Proton
Nebulae
It may be difficult for you to kinda see - I don't mean that derogatorily I mean that in the sense you just haven't been here in a few years - but this is a cycle Neb has had for literally years. Interest comes and goes; people get ideas and stuff flourishes then it hits a lull before people come back.

Unlike most communities, Neb doesn't live or die by one server. People come back to HL2RP eventually because its there and the options are there. Both recent resurgences have been because players have had ideas and staff have gone "great, sure". When you've been running an old gamemode for five years solid you can't really shake things up too much and expect it to last terribly long (which is why WN is trying to renovate HL2RP but isn't really changing anything at its core).
If Nebulous' success comes from good ideas, then why not have a section on the forums just for that? I know suggestions is there, but that's suggestions for the existing premise.

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
If Nebulous' success comes from good ideas, then why not have a section on the forums just for that? I know suggestions is there, but that's suggestions for the existing premise.
sadly those sorts of things are almost always derailed

the best ideas emerge from small groups of people discussing amongst themselves, typically

Status
Not open for further replies.