• Concept 4, WW3RP: 'Classic'

• I'd rather do something else like hl2

• Fuck you roosebud

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I'm still tinkering with the different 'detachments' I'd want to add. Since it's looking like those'll be the main differences between factions (aside from lore, rules of engagement, yada yada) if we let go of the "action-oriented vs rp-oriented" things.

Special Forces didn't really have a purpose beyond their PK-free missions every once in a blue moon (which was usually just pow rescue or some destruction that was fixed within 2 /me's) and essentially being some sort of elite shock troops on the field (or the 'recon teams' that were just used as an excuse to sit on a hill sniping / wiping out squads in 'self defense' when they weren't baiting the enemy).

I guess, if we decide to add a layer of gameplay like that, I'd rather turn it into a more intelligence focused group rather than an elite deathsquad with better guns. As in, a more civilian-oriented group that runs informants and embeds undercovers in groups to feed information provided the civilian factions evolve enough. Perhaps have some leftovers like certain PK-free passes under certain criteria for special undertakings. I'm undecided on other functions as of right now.

In general I feel like we can create a lot of diversity and interesting dynamics by having both sides have different detachments with different strengths / objectives.

Ok hear me out, Foxhole type research, as the war progresses new technology are unlocked or supplied, sides can speed up these by completing certain objectives that conflict with each other so that they unlock new technologies they can use. For example, drones, RC cars, or even vehicles, etc.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
All they (and by me saying "they", I also mean we, I was also a part of the problem during that 2014-2017 period) cared about was who had the most gametracker score and taunting people in LOOC and OOC during/after firefights.
This is honestly probably my biggest suggestion; don't make the server advance based on who wins the most S2K.

Part of the reason - from my outside view - the mentality got so bad on Legacy was because roleplay really was secondary. Roleplay didn't advance your faction's goals or help you win events/maps. S2K did.

Reactions: List

Chromesthesia_

Hailing from the same town as Sophie Dee
Nebulae
This is honestly probably my biggest suggestion; don't make the server advance based on who wins the most S2K.

Part of the reason - from my outside view - the mentality got so bad on Legacy was because roleplay really was secondary. Roleplay didn't advance your faction's goals or help you win events/maps. S2K did.

as one of the s2k men of old big up my :heyzeus: 's from back in the day uctf an shit i genuine kinda agree with this

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
In defense of special forces, I will speak on it and separate it between the OG WW3RP and Stasiland.

In WW3RP, SF required a heavy-hand and when I led coalition UCTF, I was young and very influenced by members of the based LP community, i.e. seal, harry, evil, etc. and I allowed it to get out of hand to an extent in letting it become super-effective in terms of firefighting, but the roleplay suffered. I'll be the first to admit it.

Contrast that with Stasi SF, a faction I rarely used but when I did, it had significant atmospheric impact on local civilian populations. I ended up doing a lot of fun interesting things when the server wasn't directly focused on combat. If we're going for a 'direct warfare' I recommend we not use Soviet SF. If we're going for a mix between stasiland and ww3rp, I believe the matter should be discussed between faction leadership and SDs on whether or not they will be a thing, and then do not inform the playerbase on whether or not it is.

also: true gamers use gametracker to watch their hours, not their kills. :wink:

also, highly discourage NYC as the location.

Norfolk, Charleston, New Orleans, Jacksonville are all better cities.
Virginia, South Carolina, Louisiana or Florida rural countryside or townships would be more flowing for the Red Dawn setting at least.

Last edited:

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
ngl the stasi sf, i literally didnt know of their existance up until I saw 4-5 of them go in and raid the fireman house. Safe to say, as a fireman who stored his shit both there AND at the fed base, i was scared shitless

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
ngl the stasi sf, i literally didnt know of their existance up until I saw 4-5 of them go in and raid the fireman house. Safe to say, as a fireman who stored his shit both there AND at the fed base, i was scared shitless
That was one of the cool and sad parts about Stasiland. A couple of features / factions / systems worked out REALLY well and true-to-lore, but because of that barely anyone saw them in action and it felt like they never existed for 80% of the server.

heaveNN

Neutrino
Nebulae
i'll be playing from the cybercafé
[doublepost=1655248014][/doublepost]In all seriousness, the best way in terms of logevity and sake of interest by the playerbase is to return back to what WW3RP used to be, just ensure we have a dedicated and motivated staff team whom wouldnt abuse their power like it used to be once upon a time, keep all the trolls away with a zero tolerance policy, events that makes senses and impacts the storyline / lore and so on

Last edited:

Kleis

Electron
Nebulae
i'll be playing from the cybercafé
[doublepost=1655248014][/doublepost]In all seriousness, the best way in terms of logevity and sake of interest by the playerbase is to return back to what WW3RP used to be, just ensure we have a dedicated and motivated staff team whom wouldnt abuse their power like it used to be once upon a time, keep all the trolls away with a zero tolerance policy and so on

going delusional with s2k over the insufferable heat... beautiful

In general, he's summed it pretty well. As well as everyone else who has made valid points.

Details asside. We'd all be at least somewhat happy with a slight chance for WW3RP in general. Either a mix of some, or a sovereign concept, or maybe a return of some older ideas - many of us older players would still give it a shot, regardless. The fact of this thread existing and the many good ideas been thrown around is also spot on for a good experience.
:stuck_out_tongue:

Hudson

Electron
Nebulae
Whitelist servers
Literally all the new players I trained last time (on a WW3RP server in 2021) were either WW3RP veterans, or were atleast familiar with similar servers. I'm not sure the whitelist system (as it used to be) is still necessary.

So if we're doing training sessions again, it might worth rewriting the training system (if not abolishing it, because it takes energy to even staff it). There was a server I tried to join not long ago (several times) that I couldn't even get past the whitelist system because nobody seemed bothered to even run it.

Stasiland: The Lost Battalion
Players who die may return as actors or opposing force outside 'the battalion'.
I'm not sure what the pacing is like in your full vision for this idea, but it sounds to me like a zombie survival round that might be over in two minutes. It does sound like a memorable event idea though.

Practical
one side was 'more focused on RP' while the other just wanted to shoot things with light RP on the side.

I feel like I'd want to try turning that into actual faction philosophies.
I'm not saying "don't try it" but I wouldn't be surprised if this exacerbated the issue of deathmatching harming roleplay by one side being aggressive and the other side having to be defensive to the point where they either can't afford to do any roleplay outside of a protected area, or they leave the protected area (to go on patrols) less frequently, resulting in the aggressive side getting a bit understimulated. A reduction in roleplay might also hurt server longevity.

I remember one time there was a group that was deathmatch-oriented, it involved most of the competent regulars banding together. When you've got those guys deathmatching everyone instead of roleplaying then it's a bit of a nightmare for roleplay. What also comes to mind is a little interview a few months about another group that had similar issues, which sounds a lot like what Chester was talking about in this thread.

Keep it simple
If European political ideologies are the basis for conflict then it may look a bit too complicated (to some like me), as players might be unsure what their character motivations are. In which case it might be worth spelling it out for people to give them a starting point for development.
  • "You're a Soviet soldier liberating the workers of capitalist Europe, pushing back the unprovoked aggression of the United States"
  • "You're a United States rifleman bringing freedom to occupied Europe, defeating the authoritarian regime in Belarus"

Looking back on the history of the gamemode, I think it was at its best when there were hardworking people involved cultivating (and protecting) a sense of immersion. So to make the server "good" would probably involve keeping such people motivated. Maybe what we need isn't so much for the wider playerbase to voice an idea they're interested, but to just have the staff go with whatever motivates them the most.

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
bring back fas:2 but only the an-94 that one tapped people and those frag grenades that levelled half the map, nobodys allowed to use anything else

BANE47

Washed up S2Ker
Nebulae
hey thats me!!

As someone who has been in leadership capacity of several renditions of SF detachments on WW3 over the years (GSOC, UCTF x2, Spetsnaz, 2017 ARC-Z and so forth) and also someone who has purely played SF on WW3 over the years, I have numerous issues with the detachment existing on WW3. I'm going to try to keep this post short and sweet in comparison to my literal wall of text earlier in the thread. Keeping in mind, I'm going to be exploring these in PAST TENSE... because we were all teenagers at the time, with different mentalities.

Also, I'll preface by saying ALL of the issues I'm referencing are from 2014-2017. I don't know much about any SF stuff beyond those years.

1) It was a breeding ground for egos and toxicity. Most if not all the "best S2Kers" in one subfaction, what could go wrong? People who weren't good S2Kers were routinely excluded from joining SF and also SF-led patrols, simply because they weren't as good at rooty-tooty-point-and-shooty as the rest of the patrol team. There was no reason for this... other than, well, "you're shit and I'm not, you'll get us all killed, go away". When, in actuality, some of these people managed to outlive SF in patrols!!! SHOCK!!!

SF should've been leaders by example. They were not. Not by a long shot — in fact, they were the complete opposite... I'm going to go as far as saying as a good 80% of the server's headaches stemmed from SF. No cap. You heard it from me.

2) SF served no purpose. Nobody wanted to do operations because "muh character" and "I don't want PK'd!!!", so what was the point in SF if they never did SF things? The majority of the operations that WERE carried out were either minimal risk or they had these silly little get-out-of-jail-free cards known as PK-free operations. I think it was like, two a month you could do? Except... well... for a notorious example, 2016 UCTF on Panama City PK'ing a Globalist MP. On a PK-free operation for themselves. That meant UCTF did not get PK'd if they died during the operation. So... to sum it up, SF didn't serve its purpose.

Metagaming and the notorious "military intelligence" shit was also rife within SF during these periods. People didn't want to play fair, and saw no reason to. All they (and by me saying "they", I also mean we, I was also a part of the problem during that 2014-2017 period) cared about was who had the most gametracker score and taunting people in LOOC and OOC during/after firefights. A lot of people in SF were also on some high-power bullshit and routinely tried to circumvent chain of command and commanding officers, I believe there were some attempted coups at some point...?

I want to be optimistic and say that maybe people would be a lot different this time around. And I like being optimistic, so let's stick with that. Whatever decision is made re: SF must have these issues in mind, though. If SF does get brought back? There needs to be constant operations being executed and planned out so that SF fulfil their purpose, and the rest of the flaws I've mentioned simply cannot exist. Otherwise it needs to go.
100% agreed.
I was part of sf shortly after you left and nothing changed. It was a pure s2k detachment much like the OTA. I really hoped we'd get to do some cool sf operations, but in my time I don't think we ever did one. it didn't really feel "special" to begin with. We just had access to some cool guns and what not and we'd keep taking patrols out to fight, although fun I am not gonna lie. still SF if brought back needs to be revised. have their appearance exclusive to missions only they could carry.

E: also if s2k is going to a big part of the new server , please make all headshots insta death not incap. it was just a game of who gets more pows with the xm8.

Last edited:

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
if option 4 were to be implemented i sincerely think you should just go as over the top as possible. use miniature tactical nuclear warheads and other assorted WMDs, have events set in space with cosmonauts and astronauts fighting, maybe even batshit dr strangelove-esque events between politicians at UN meetings or whatever. it'd be kind of funny to see players requisitioning chemical weapons from the quartermaster and engaging in CBRN fights at Tex. hell, it doesn't even really need to be a direct continuation of stasiland either, it could be a few decades into some alternate future, maybe the pact evolves into the coalition or something, or maybe it's just a futuristic cold war. maybe india truly did become a superpower in 2020. could always bring back JI defense solutions and the lovable autoturrets that came with it. there's a lot of leeway for stuff there. lord knows there were tons of unused gadgets in stasiland, could always employ them here.

whatever happens though, hopefully it'll all be good fun for all.

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae
just don’t make dumb rules like not being able to run people over with cars