• Concept 4, WW3RP: 'Classic'

• I'd rather do something else like hl2

• Fuck you roosebud

Results are only viewable after voting.

Thood74

Molecule
Premium Member
Nebulae
Setting still doesn't sit well with me. Urban combat seems like something worth a try at the very least, but I think literally anywhere outside of North America, NYC especially, would be far more interesting. And more probable than the Red Army splitting it's forces across Europe and an attack on North America and somehow not getting decimated.

Seems like the decision is already made though, which kinda sucks.

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
Setting still doesn't sit well with me. Urban combat seems like something worth a try at the very least, but I think literally anywhere outside of North America, NYC especially, would be far more interesting. And more probable than the Red Army splitting it's forces across Europe and an attack on North America and somehow not getting decimated.

Seems like the decision is already made though, which kinda sucks.

It’s just a break from the old I guess, aside from giving us more stuff to work with. I’m guessing because you haven’t played ww3rp in the past most of the overused settings feel new to you still.

Lore-wise it aint that big of a stretch with the way the timeline has evolved over the years and where we left off. Especially with the leap towards the modern age we want to make

Reactions: List

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
considering all of europe was occupied by the soviets in the space of half a year because one platoon of guys were really good at s2k, we're probably beyond trying to implement an extremely realistic believable situation

a touch of realism is nice, making it the focus would mean we all RP sitting in a trench for 8 hours until we get PK'd by artillery

TinPan

Needs to blow his nose
Nebulae
All I really wanna see is NATO as a faction being completely replaced in favour of a US-only faction. A unit that is far more identifiable and relevant to the location of conflict than having a mixture of Europeans and Asians fighting on US soil for no particular reason.

Not to mention that the US has a ton of racial diversity, meaning that even though you’d play as an American; you’d still have freedom to be whatever ethnicity you wanted within that.

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
All I really wanna see is NATO as a faction being completely replaced in favour of a US-only faction. A unit that is far more identifiable and relevant to the location of conflict than having a mixture of Europeans and Asians fighting on US soil for no particular reason.

Not to mention that the US has a ton of racial diversity, meaning that even though you’d play as an American; you’d still have freedom to be whatever ethnicity you wanted within that.
If the war is on American soil, the rest of NATO is pretty much underwater anyways.
South Africa, Australia, etc. would all be left to their own if American soil was under threat IMO.

I'd like to see national guard + US supporting militia vs. separatist militia vs. PACT.

If people want to play foreign characters, they can always be "x"-American. It makes sense for Europeans to have fled to the U.S. anyways. The U.S. is the most diverse country in the world after all.

BANE47

Washed up S2Ker
Nebulae
you could advance the lore by RPing and s2king at the same time. maybe you could have people from two factions go out in an rp situation like defending a site or attacking something important idk. then the outcome of the eventual firefight would advance the lore. i dont think u can really advance the lore by rping something a faction did.

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
I’d probably prefer keeping it an “alliance vs alliance” setting in terms of factions, rather than turn ‘NATO’ into just the U.S. Army or something. This is purely for flexibility and convenience sake. For example if we want to visit other places of the earth or undertake specific operations. But ofc I’m totally fine with the actual unit itself being fully US under the NATO flag. Considering we pretty much unified all nation’s armies under single flags anyways

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
You could easily have the pretext of remaining NATO forces in Europe being pulled back to regroup on US soil. It would add some interesting backstory potential, with many soldiers having to leave their home and families behind for an indefinite amount of time, trying to live among masses of international forces in a familiar, yet foreign land.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
You could easily have the pretext of remaining NATO forces in Europe being pulled back to regroup on US soil. It would add some interesting backstory potential, with many soldiers having to leave their home and families behind for an indefinite amount of time, trying to live among masses of international forces in a familiar, yet foreign land.
This is the most non-sensical thing I could imagine though

Why would European nations leave Europe to fight on an entirely separate continent when the battle is in Europe (which is where their own countries are) and the U.S maintains a large military force in-country, which is much larger than their expeditionary force.
The U.S is entirely capable of defending both itself and being present on two fronts without needing to wring the brain and suspend disbelief to a point of seeing European nations pulling back to the U.S

If anything, allied nations would break apart and focus on defending their own respective nations in the event of a U.S pull-out and a "doomsday scenario"

If you start a server with the scenario that European NATO nations have pulled back to the U.S to defend the land, then you start off the server with NATO already having lost the war

D

Deleted member 5162

What I absolutely loved about NATO in WW3RP is how nearly every character was from a diff. country, and I am pretty sure the models had bodygroups that were flags of various countries, placed either on armpatch or a helmet. I hope this country diversity in characters of NATO faction stays, since it adds a little bit of spice into RP and gives Soviets the feeling of going against the entire world - rather than just Americans in aviators.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
It makes sense for the Soviets to pull as many PACT forces (Warsaw Nations, overseas guerilla allies, etc) into the American meatgrinder to soften their casualties.

It doesn't make as much sense for the States to suddenly be filled with 37219 foreigners that decide to defend the local Burger King to death instead of their own nations under threat of the Sovs.

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
People seem to have forgotten that we intentionally made NATO the “Allied Rapid Reaction Corps” and have their mission be either being the tip of the spear or responding to sudden flashpoints or invasions specifically to deal with the “why would they be there or fly around the world” questions.

Besides, lore finds a way and it’s the setting and gameplay that matters most in the end.

But like I said that doesn’t prevent people and faction members/leads from playing the way they want it

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
People seem to have forgotten that we intentionally made NATO the “Allied Rapid Reaction Corps” and have their mission be either being the tip of the spear or responding to sudden flashpoints or invasions specifically to deal with the “why would they be there or fly around the world” questions.

Besides, lore finds a way and it’s the setting and gameplay that matters most in the end.

But like I said that doesn’t prevent people and faction members/leads from playing the way they want it
About to say this. We already had to explain why the same group of people would be fighting each other all over the world (which would always make absolutely no sense whatsoever) and made an explanation with a real branch of NATO. There is little reason as I see it to suddenly do away with it in favor of creating a full american company - especially since literally no one EVER wants to play American characters. Literally only Americans played Americans and everyone else played a bunch of different nationalities.

Let the people play who they wanna play MANG

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
If you start a server with the scenario that European NATO nations have pulled back to the U.S to defend the land, then you start off the server with NATO already having lost the war
Which is what I was responding to, yes. The discussion above my post was very much dominated by "Europe lost the war, only US military forces should be left," hence why I tried to think of an explanation as for why multinational NATO forces would exist after Europe fell.

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
Which is what I was responding to, yes. The discussion above my post was very much dominated by "Europe lost the war, only US military forces should be left," hence why I tried to think of an explanation as for why multinational NATO forces would exist after Europe fell.
In WW2, a good portion of the fight for the control of the english channel was made by people who fled to Britain after their countries were occupied, most of which were Polish, so the idea that these people would retreat to try again is not nonsensical.

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae

I guess remaining european forces dont just give up and surrender if/when their countries fall/fell. They stick with the other fighting units to continue the fight and perhaps one day liberate their home country again.

from a practical standpoint, moving into the future means both sides can have european recruits embedded in their forces. Could even spark interesting conflicts if they were to interact

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
from a practical standpoint, moving into the future means both sides can have european recruits embedded in their forces. Could even spark interesting conflicts if they were to interact
haven't most austrians been under soviet occupation for a decade by now, per the lore?

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
haven't most austrians been under soviet occupation for a decade by now, per the lore?
Give or take ye, which is what I mean. It’s not unthinkable to have volunteers and conscripted forces from the “occupied” countries that have been under soviet rule for about a decade. Even if the Soviet Union is facing massive civil wars and pressure from being overstretched at this point in the timeline