• Concept 3, WW3RP: Red Dawn

• Concept 4, WW3RP: 'Classic'

• I'd rather do something else like hl2

• Fuck you roosebud

Results are only viewable after voting.

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
if you add special forces they should probably be glorified event characters, only around and about when they're actually doing shit and not allowed to just go out on regular patrols and glack dudes with their epic CoD MW guns

getting past all the social/OOC issues with them it just never really made any sense to have these epic delta force/spetsnaz guys just hanging out in the trenches with the grunts and they basically just acted like and were used as just another squad of regular infantry, just slightly better and more co-ordinated. I'd prefer no special forces but if they must come back I'd rather the "special" part of their name actually mean something. A rare sight and a sign that shits about to get real.

unpopular opinion: I don't like MP's as they existed previously and I think a lot of their duties should be given to NCO's/CO's who can delegate it to trusted enlisted. It really felt like they had an inordinate amount of power over everyone (MP's who are privates arresting senior NCO's because they said a mean word, executing people for going in an area of the base) that occupied a lot of RP that could be more evenly spread throughout the faction. Military discipline and stuff like that ought to be the area of the NCO's and Officers, with the MP's only stepping in if a serious crime occured (Desertion, murder, etc). Similarly POW's should hopefully be less stupidly restricted. Let some infantry private guard them, it'd be fun instead of just putting them in the Bad Box and shooting anyone who tries to talk to them. I'm fine with MP's still existing, I'd just hope they'd be more "part" of the faction rather than a separate faction that exists within it, if that makes sense. Give them more unique work to do rather than just policing the faction.

Regular infantry should have more to do than patrols, and NCO's should have more to do than just lead patrols. (Because, really, half the time Corporal to Sergeant just felt like being a regular soldier who could lead patrols, it didn't really feel like it meant much). Being a regular soldier shouldn't be a detriment to RP or a sign that you're not "involved enough" in the faction to get a detachment.

Last edited:

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Ok hear me out, Foxhole type research, as the war progresses new technology are unlocked or supplied, sides can speed up these by completing certain objectives that conflict with each other so that they unlock new technologies they can use. For example, drones, RC cars, or even vehicles, etc.
a server I tried out had a system similar to this. I guess the best way to describe it would be to call it an idle clicker? it was by far my most favorite thing I ever got to help with. it was basically staff intervention free, besides a few rare circumstances

I forgot the names of what everything actually was called, but each side had like a resource generator. you would click which bundle of crafting items you wanted and it would take somewhere like two hours to produce it. you could use the items to either:
  • upgrade the efficiency (speed) of the machine
  • add it to the storage
you could then go on to make additional machines using those resources, which in turn would make basically everything for your faction. I recall there being a:
  • food producer - makes food
  • weapon fabricator - makes guns
  • tailoring thingy - makes armor and helmets
  • medical supplier - makes medicines
  • cart parts producer - makes car parts
each of the individual machines could be upgraded on their own as well, and would subsequently unlock additional goods (also speeds it up). so in the case of weapons, everyone has access to the same shitty gun. you start off by making some decent guns. it maybe takes an hour to produce ten of those, utilizing crafting materials made by both the resource generator and the weapon fabricator, so you need to prioritize what your faction needs in the supply. as you upgrade it you'll get better equipment. I recall the final items being a rocket launcher and a high damage sniper that took around 3 hours for one, but there was a lot more

nobody wanted to roleplay out incoming supply, sorting through it all or cooking all the time. so, it was just assumed that whatever you produced through the machines was what your character actually did. it made those moments where when faction leadership decided to have a big group dinner at the mess hall with designated cooks, or those times where you get assigned an actual engineering project so much more meaningful and memorable

the server also made it so that the only way to get fuel, which some of the machines needed to work as well as the vehicles, was to go harvest it from an off the coast oil rig. it wasn't in the territory of either of the two opposing factions, and armed citizens could get to it if they wanted too. it lead to some really cool interactions and engagements.
the problems
there was no way to 'get rid' of the machines, so eventually either side just capped out forever. an idea I had in mind but never put into practice was to have milestones that each faction could hit. the first milestone would let the other faction raid and destroy the machines if x amount of members were online. once the next milestone would hit, then it would lower the amount of people needed online. I don't think it's the best fix to organically reset it, but it's the best that I can think of. I assume there would be too much focus on your own supply to worry about how one sided it might be in that you can't counter raid their supply until they hit a milestone

the other problem is that people would just play whichever side had the advantage at the time, so it would lead to a snowball and staff would have to come in with some event or something to dwindle the supply of one side. I don't think this is the best fix either, but having it so after maybe a few hours or so of playing a character on one of the sides, you get locked out of the other whitelist until this character dies

people would also try to hoard equipment, but not long after that problem started faction leadership would institute random equipment checks. you were allowed one trophy weapon and one standard issue, beyond that would be a punishable offense IC. a few trusted people got assigned to be an MP during the crisis period for it, and then went back to regular duty once it was sorted out. I kinda consider it a good thing if anything

the good stuffs
my most fond memories in rp come from what the system created. people actually got trained for the weapons they used, because if you didn't want to lose it to the other side, you needed to be effective with what you have. those usually kinda shit jobs like quartermaster were cooler because there was an actual supply to manage. when there was enough parts for a car to be assembled, the rules needed the engineers to actually rp out building it, so you got to play out all the time spent waiting for parts by the end of it.
  • our faction wanted the extra supplies, but weren't on good terms with the armed civilians in the area. we ended up giving them a cut of supplies that they weren't able to produce to in turn get a cut of goods produced on the oil rig
  • either faction would periodically station patrols on the oil rig throughout the day to harvest the goods, while having some good rp with the citizens
  • we really needed ammo, so we started trading with civilians that would come by the base gate. bandages for ammo. it turned out that they built their own little stockpile of meds, and started trading them for ammo with the opposite side. they pocketed some boxes, then traded the rest with us to keep their little grind going
  • some guys established a church at roughly a halfway point between both sides. both factions agreed on making it a ceasefire zone, so it ended up being used as a point to trade goods between the factions. it was just an agreed upon ceasefire so it was incredibly tense each trade. I dont remember if the ceasefire was ever broken around the church
  • I really wanted to be a machine gunner, but we lacked lmgs for like a solid week. when I finally got it I felt like an absolute beast
  • patrols would regularly strip down the bodies of the other faction to get the weapons, ammo and kevlar to repair. you were able to get potentially better gear than what your faction was able to make that way
  • there was a point where the faction I was in focused on producing equipment for foot soldiers, since the engineers were basically non-existent for vehicles. so we had good kevlar, decent weapons and plenty of food so our stats didn't suffer - the other side went almost purely into armor, so they had an APC. it was a tossup on whether or not their guys would be able to sprint, or have some body armor or a helmet during patrols. it lead to a really good cat and mouse dynamic where we could outpace their foot patrols, but had to use our speed advantage to dip whenever they brought out the APC. it was like the breakout of vorkuta when we built the first rocket launcher to take some shots at it
  • we had no zipties in stock to restrain a couple POWs or rebellious citizens, forgot which. it lead to them doing a breakout where they got some vests and helmets from the stock. despite them not having the actual model, other than the vest/helmet, it was enough for them to slip out and off the base since nobody paid that much attention to them
  • at one point we were horrifically low on meds, but it turned out that people were stockpiling them in their inventories so nobody else was able to get some. it lead to some lockdowns with the medical rooms, and ended up starting a surprisingly cool infighting arc between the medical boys and the usual guys that went on patrols
[doublepost=1655270389][/doublepost]
if you add special forces they should probably be glorified event characters, only around and about when they're actually doing shit and not allowed to just go out on regular patrols and glack dudes with their epic CoD MW guns

getting past all the social/OOC issues with them it just never really made any sense to have these epic delta force/spetsnaz guys just hanging out in the trenches with the grunts and they basically just acted like and were used as just another squad of regular infantry, just slightly better and more co-ordinated. I'd prefer no special forces but if they must come back I'd rather the "special" part of their name actually mean something. A rare sight and a sign that shits about to get real.

unpopular opinion: I don't like MP's as they existed previously and I think a lot of their duties should be given to NCO's/CO's who can delegate it to trusted enlisted. It really felt like they had an inordinate amount of power over everyone (MP's who are privates arresting senior NCO's because they said a mean word, executing people for going in an area of the base) that occupied a lot of RP that could be more evenly spread throughout the faction. Military discipline and stuff like that ought to be the area of the NCO's and Officers, with the MP's only stepping in if a serious crime occured (Desertion, murder, etc). Similarly POW's should hopefully be less stupidly restricted. Let some infantry private guard them, it'd be fun instead of just putting them in the Bad Box and shooting anyone who tries to talk to them. I'm fine with MP's still existing, I'd just hope they'd be more "part" of the faction rather than a separate faction that exists within it, if that makes sense. Give them more unique work to do rather than just policing the faction.

Regular infantry should have more to do than patrols, and NCO's should have more to do than just lead patrols. (Because, really, half the time Corporal to Sergeant just felt like being a regular soldier who could lead patrols, it didn't really feel like it meant much). Being a regular soldier shouldn't be a detriment to RP or a sign that you're not "involved enough" in the faction to get a detachment.
I've always been for the MPs being an assigned role in times of need, assisting NCOs/COs rather than spearheading the problem themselves. once whatever crisis is over, you're brought back down to regular duty. it always gives an incentive for the ass kisser characters to actually get something out of it that isn't a rank

Reactions: List

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
just don’t make dumb rules like not being able to run people over with cars

Firefighter Allahmobile™
[doublepost=1655272200][/doublepost]
a server I tried out had a system similar to this. I guess the best way to describe it would be to call it an idle clicker? it was by far my most favorite thing I ever got to help with. it was basically staff intervention free, besides a few rare circumstances

I forgot the names of what everything actually was called, but each side had like a resource generator. you would click which bundle of crafting items you wanted and it would take somewhere like two hours to produce it. you could use the items to either:
  • upgrade the efficiency (speed) of the machine
  • add it to the storage
you could then go on to make additional machines using those resources, which in turn would make basically everything for your faction. I recall there being a:
  • food producer - makes food
  • weapon fabricator - makes guns
  • tailoring thingy - makes armor and helmets
  • medical supplier - makes medicines
  • cart parts producer - makes car parts
each of the individual machines could be upgraded on their own as well, and would subsequently unlock additional goods (also speeds it up). so in the case of weapons, everyone has access to the same shitty gun. you start off by making some decent guns. it maybe takes an hour to produce ten of those, utilizing crafting materials made by both the resource generator and the weapon fabricator, so you need to prioritize what your faction needs in the supply. as you upgrade it you'll get better equipment. I recall the final items being a rocket launcher and a high damage sniper that took around 3 hours for one, but there was a lot more

nobody wanted to roleplay out incoming supply, sorting through it all or cooking all the time. so, it was just assumed that whatever you produced through the machines was what your character actually did. it made those moments where when faction leadership decided to have a big group dinner at the mess hall with designated cooks, or those times where you get assigned an actual engineering project so much more meaningful and memorable

the server also made it so that the only way to get fuel, which some of the machines needed to work as well as the vehicles, was to go harvest it from an off the coast oil rig. it wasn't in the territory of either of the two opposing factions, and armed citizens could get to it if they wanted too. it lead to some really cool interactions and engagements.
the problems
there was no way to 'get rid' of the machines, so eventually either side just capped out forever. an idea I had in mind but never put into practice was to have milestones that each faction could hit. the first milestone would let the other faction raid and destroy the machines if x amount of members were online. once the next milestone would hit, then it would lower the amount of people needed online. I don't think it's the best fix to organically reset it, but it's the best that I can think of. I assume there would be too much focus on your own supply to worry about how one sided it might be in that you can't counter raid their supply until they hit a milestone

the other problem is that people would just play whichever side had the advantage at the time, so it would lead to a snowball and staff would have to come in with some event or something to dwindle the supply of one side. I don't think this is the best fix either, but having it so after maybe a few hours or so of playing a character on one of the sides, you get locked out of the other whitelist until this character dies

people would also try to hoard equipment, but not long after that problem started faction leadership would institute random equipment checks. you were allowed one trophy weapon and one standard issue, beyond that would be a punishable offense IC. a few trusted people got assigned to be an MP during the crisis period for it, and then went back to regular duty once it was sorted out. I kinda consider it a good thing if anything

the good stuffs
my most fond memories in rp come from what the system created. people actually got trained for the weapons they used, because if you didn't want to lose it to the other side, you needed to be effective with what you have. those usually kinda shit jobs like quartermaster were cooler because there was an actual supply to manage. when there was enough parts for a car to be assembled, the rules needed the engineers to actually rp out building it, so you got to play out all the time spent waiting for parts by the end of it.
  • our faction wanted the extra supplies, but weren't on good terms with the armed civilians in the area. we ended up giving them a cut of supplies that they weren't able to produce to in turn get a cut of goods produced on the oil rig
  • either faction would periodically station patrols on the oil rig throughout the day to harvest the goods, while having some good rp with the citizens
  • we really needed ammo, so we started trading with civilians that would come by the base gate. bandages for ammo. it turned out that they built their own little stockpile of meds, and started trading them for ammo with the opposite side. they pocketed some boxes, then traded the rest with us to keep their little grind going
  • some guys established a church at roughly a halfway point between both sides. both factions agreed on making it a ceasefire zone, so it ended up being used as a point to trade goods between the factions. it was just an agreed upon ceasefire so it was incredibly tense each trade. I dont remember if the ceasefire was ever broken around the church
  • I really wanted to be a machine gunner, but we lacked lmgs for like a solid week. when I finally got it I felt like an absolute beast
  • patrols would regularly strip down the bodies of the other faction to get the weapons, ammo and kevlar to repair. you were able to get potentially better gear than what your faction was able to make that way
  • there was a point where the faction I was in focused on producing equipment for foot soldiers, since the engineers were basically non-existent for vehicles. so we had good kevlar, decent weapons and plenty of food so our stats didn't suffer - the other side went almost purely into armor, so they had an APC. it was a tossup on whether or not their guys would be able to sprint, or have some body armor or a helmet during patrols. it lead to a really good cat and mouse dynamic where we could outpace their foot patrols, but had to use our speed advantage to dip whenever they brought out the APC. it was like the breakout of vorkuta when we built the first rocket launcher to take some shots at it
  • we had no zipties in stock to restrain a couple POWs or rebellious citizens, forgot which. it lead to them doing a breakout where they got some vests and helmets from the stock. despite them not having the actual model, other than the vest/helmet, it was enough for them to slip out and off the base since nobody paid that much attention to them
  • at one point we were horrifically low on meds, but it turned out that people were stockpiling them in their inventories so nobody else was able to get some. it lead to some lockdowns with the medical rooms, and ended up starting a surprisingly cool infighting arc between the medical boys and the usual guys that went on patrols
[doublepost=1655270389][/doublepost]
I've always been for the MPs being an assigned role in times of need, assisting NCOs/COs rather than spearheading the problem themselves. once whatever crisis is over, you're brought back down to regular duty. it always gives an incentive for the ass kisser characters to actually get something out of it that isn't a rank

Double post, but this is really a based idea. I've always been a sucker for logistics and finite ressources, it's a group grind and more fun than grinding something by yourself.

Plus, this would also give a role to all 3 factions, PACT, NATO & Civs. Trading interactions could be fun!

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
engineers should function as more than just faction members who own a vehicle key, should be given demolition or fortification duties

In occupied PACT territory, will there be a force similar to Stasi for citizens to interact with? Even though there were some early activity problems, I really enjoyed their roleplay and would even be happy to see them in a smaller position (i.e. local police force etc). I miss @Poopship McGee being a scary motherfucker as the Stasi director
make the MP's the go-to for handling civilians (but don't gatekeep any soldier-civ interactions behind "you need MP for RP" either)
means they don't exist purely to act as squad snitches / POW handlers

If we're going for a mix between stasiland and ww3rp, I believe the matter should be discussed between faction leadership and SDs on whether or not they will be a thing, and then do not inform the playerbase on whether or not it is.
Stasi 'SF' was mainly just the occasional raid or messing with civilians. I can count their actual psy-op stuff with three fingers.
NJSOC did a lot with only 4 active people but it's hard to branch dedicated spies into an active warzone and most of what they did can't be replicated.
KGB was just @Black Rain (1989) fucking about if memory serves. Dunno what he did beyond that whole hilarious mess with us hiring some ravers (@JOHNNY.HOMICIDE_33) to cap the NATO remnants, who got him involved and when he died (?) they stole his ID and brought a whole bag of drugs into the soviet FOB.

there's a lot of leeway for stuff there. lord knows there were tons of unused gadgets in stasiland, could always employ them here.
problem is 80% of them were niche espionage gimmicks to the point they'd be useless on a battlefield unless you're planning on slaughtering an enemy force, running into their FOB and then bugging their showers or whatever

just don’t make dumb rules like not being able to run people over with cars
  1. mine the roads
  2. set up defenses & checkpoints
  3. dump a LMG in someone's hands and have them keep an eye on the route to your position.
problem solved, no need for the rule when you have common sense.

unpopular opinion: I don't like MP's as they existed previously and I think a lot of their duties should be given to NCO's/CO's who can delegate it to trusted enlisted. It really felt like they had an inordinate amount of power over everyone (MP's who are privates arresting senior NCO's because they said a mean word, executing people for going in an area of the base) that occupied a lot of RP that could be more evenly spread throughout the faction. Military discipline and stuff like that ought to be the area of the NCO's and Officers, with the MP's only stepping in if a serious crime occured (Desertion, murder, etc).
why hold summary executions when you can throw them in a cell and have some RP over it

I distinctly remember someone got caught (for fucking up? defecting? can't remember) as a soviet, slammed in a cell and after a few hours of interrogation and some dialogue got shot. It was enough of a serious charge they tried to prevent other people from seeing him, although he was pretty much guaranteed to die anyway I'm a bit surprised he wasn't made a public example of.

Similarly POW's should hopefully be less stupidly restricted. Let some infantry private guard them, it'd be fun instead of just putting them in the Bad Box and shooting anyone who tries to talk to them.
fat agree

Allahmobile™
VBIED's should still be permissible under the rules

I think @TinPan was showing off neat ways to hide IEDs on vehicles on the dev server, pre-stasiland launch.

Whitelisted head staff will be on the role of coalition/globalist advisors
I don't know how long you've been gone but there's no coal/glob lore anymore

it's all NATO and Soviet ([WARSAW] PACT) now

Also, globs/coals "spec ops" can be used sometimes.
bad take

SF either needs to be reigned the hell in or abolished entirely.

Last edited:

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
we solve the weaponbase question by just using stock HL2 weapons like the SMG and that shitty peashooter pistol.

"GLOBS N GLOBS N"

*pwooruup*
*PHOOM*
*clang*

"MEDIC"

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
In WW3RP, SF required a heavy-hand and when I led coalition UCTF, I was young and very influenced by members of the based LP community, i.e. seal, harry, evil, etc. and I allowed it to get out of hand to an extent in letting it become super-effective in terms of firefighting

Globalists fear the HL2 doomsquads

37 - 0

SpaceInvader

Dutch Ally.
Nebulae
So my actual feedback now. I don't think people mind the first 2 ideas. They are fun but it seems like people had the same thought process as me. The last small event was great fun and we all like those but I feel like there are still people that want to have a bigger expierence and so am I. All though these events are still things we could do in the future for when the playerbase has kinda stopped playing or to prepare for another huge campaign / map change.

Now stasiland wasn't bad to me. I still played it a lot in the beginning. For me personaly at the time when I lost my character Leon Wirt. I felt like it would be though to get back in to stuff. Tried out stasi which was fun but I was really dependent on higher ranks to hop on to do fun stuff with that the time. It's not something I could do on my own as I lacked the permission as a low ranked stasi. I don't mind stasiland all though I felt it was a bit lacking in the action which did make those moments of action more memorable and I was legit shaking my mouse most of the time I had to shoot.

Maybe up here is the reason I am so nostalgic to the old WW3RP concept. I was always involved in high positions in like military police. The most fun part was investigated cetrain crimes. Even some admins were in on it at the time and giving me the expierence I desired as a player. It's cool when stuff is created to make you solve certain problems but not when you get the free win card. It's like DnD every case for me was like an expedition and if I failed me as a Military Police would fail and that would hurt the whole branch which was really fun.

So my final verdict on all of this is that I don't mind. That's why I voted "Fuck you roosebud" cus it's the only thing I am sure I agree on but what I want is just try out the game mode again and I hope to be able to do so. Whatever you do decide to do. You can count me in to check it out and give it a go anyway.