XenForo 2 Feedback

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
lot faster to navigate doesnt load for 2 hours
obviously not used to it because old one ran for 6 years but it fits the GTA vibe more probably

only complaint is it feels hard to read and look at idk if the standard font is smaller in the context of the area it fills or whats going on but its straining to read a lot

also cant view "threads by x" anymore on profiles only posts by

Last edited:
Reactions: List

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
pfunur2.png

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
probably just not used to it after 5 years so I'll save a lot of my complaints for now. literally just woke up so here's my first thoughts

I'm on my phone and it feels a bit clunky to navigate

Like someone said on the first page the little chain of links that lead to the thread was really useful (ex. Main page->hl2rp subforum->bugs and suggestions->thread), you could click on any of them and it'd take you back

Videos and images seem to be broken on mobile and "leak" outside the border of the screen forcing you to scroll right to see them fully

I also liked when you'd click on the pfp of someone and it'd open it up in the middle of a page but that may just be a personal preference

it's also a little hard to see what threads you've seen if they belong to a subforum (if this makes sense). I might be remembering wrong but i think if you were looking at all the subforums, and the most recent thread post was displayed under their name, and you'd view it it also went a bit lighter so you wojld know if you had opened it

The stats under profiles in posts
are also a bit misaligned on mobile unsure how it is on desktop atm (its joined, messages and then it goes into the next line to show nebs, think it'd look nicer if they were all in one line)

I think the more options button is missing when replying to a thread, having that back would be nice

(phone nitpick) was gonna say recent activity tab and members active should be re-added at the bottom of the page but i realized it and the recent profile posts are accessible through the three dots in the top right now, unsure how i feel about it since i think i prefer it being on the main page under all the tabs. Again personal preference

(Also phone page nitpick) buttons under users posts are misaligned and theres a big gap at the beginning before the neb, quote and reply buttons, which are on one line and then report leaks into the next and begind far left, which makes them uncentered.

everything else is really nice, forums are faster and more modern, use of emojis is nice 🧌, dark theme's finally here after 6 years. Im assuming a lot of the little details will be tweaked over time but im happy that we switched overall

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
also wtf where the reactions at!!!!

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
idk if it's just because i've had to navigate some peak adhd layout Jcink and Proboards sites, but it's fine for me

i like the colors and the style; it works effectively - and it's easily worked out by new people

PepicWalrus

Electron
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Why is it still light mode by default.

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
everything is really big and blocky and i cant zoom out without text looking bad

it is faster though

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Honestly, doing a new meme montage for when we actually launch GTA5RP would be kinda bossin, especially if we get some newer custom emotes

Hell, I'd love it if we could track down Coach again.

D

Deleted member 1405

im not sure how much power you have over the codebase but the mobile optimization isn’t the best. The text on posts looks much smaller than it did before, and the profile menu is a bit too big.

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
Probably a phone thing but I can‘t see who‘s looking at a thread now

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
1c59e8a5470c7865cd8d3c176c14bf42.png

honey nebulous cloud user posted an absoloute banger, i'll email it to you, do you think it could reach the top post on reddit?

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
also when someone double posts it comes up with the forum code for when someone double posts, like when you quote a post and it says "QUOTE blah blah blah"
I got rid of double posting merge so old posts will probably have the forum code instead.

probably just not used to it after 5 years so I'll save a lot of my complaints for now. literally just woke up so here's my first thoughts

I'm on my phone and it feels a bit clunky to navigate

Like someone said on the first page the little chain of links that lead to the thread was really useful (ex. Main page->hl2rp subforum->bugs and suggestions->thread), you could click on any of them and it'd take you back

Videos and images seem to be broken on mobile and "leak" outside the border of the screen forcing you to scroll right to see them fully

I also liked when you'd click on the pfp of someone and it'd open it up in the middle of a page but that may just be a personal preference

it's also a little hard to see what threads you've seen if they belong to a subforum (if this makes sense). I might be remembering wrong but i think if you were looking at all the subforums, and the most recent thread post was displayed under their name, and you'd view it it also went a bit lighter so you wojld know if you had opened it

The stats under profiles in posts
are also a bit misaligned on mobile unsure how it is on desktop atm (its joined, messages and then it goes into the next line to show nebs, think it'd look nicer if they were all in one line)

I think the more options button is missing when replying to a thread, having that back would be nice

(phone nitpick) was gonna say recent activity tab and members active should be re-added at the bottom of the page but i realized it and the recent profile posts are accessible through the three dots in the top right now, unsure how i feel about it since i think i prefer it being on the main page under all the tabs. Again personal preference

(Also phone page nitpick) buttons under users posts are misaligned and theres a big gap at the beginning before the neb, quote and reply buttons, which are on one line and then report leaks into the next and begind far left, which makes them uncentered.

everything else is really nice, forums are faster and more modern, use of emojis is nice 🧌, dark theme's finally here after 6 years. Im assuming a lot of the little details will be tweaked over time but im happy that we switched overall
Mobile layout definitely needs some tweaking in general, but I’ll look into these and see what I can do

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
clicking posts in recent activity doesn't take me to the actual post, just the OP for the thread on the first page
big pain in the ass for things like the screenshot threads with hundreds of pages

edit; it takes me to the page if it's a new post, but if someone nebs a post or something and I click on it then it doesnt take me to the post

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
clicking posts in recent activity doesn't take me to the actual post, just the OP for the thread on the first page
big pain in the ass for things like the screenshot threads with hundreds of pages
It seems to do it sometimes. I’ll look into why it’s not using the post link, though it pulls from the actual recent activity page.

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
On another note, can we bring back that upon reading your Alerts, they get set back to 0? i.e, not actually having to click on them for the alerts to disappear