Yet another posing thread part 2.0

Adrenaline

relaxed
Nebulae
ww2_by_fosset-daen54n.jpg
How the fuck do you get all your poses so pretty? Editing? Just good editing? Photoshop?

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
How the fuck do you get all your poses so pretty? Editing? Just good editing? Photoshop?

Photoshop goes a long way.

The aspect ratio coupled with the gritty filter and the sharpening of edges gives it a distinct war-like appeal.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
idk what that means but yes photoshop

EXAMPLE:

Take a scene from Saving Private Ryan, great film.
saving-private-ryan-main-review.png

With some aspect ratio changes, some sharpening and some film grain, you get this:

d27bdae9cfcb4b3939ceeecb117da1f4.png

Which isn't even that many alterations to the original.
ce83377b091adc80657308ba431027db.png

But it still looks more dramatic and gives it a much more grimey war feeling to it.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
your poses don't even look like gmod

they're so good they transcend the source engine

Fucking agreed.

At the minimum, they look like they're on the Unreal Engine.

I get an absurd Red Orchestra 2 vibe from his art. (I know he may use them as models, but they still get downgraded for Source.)

screenshot-1.jpg

Calamari

You're a kid now, you're a squid now
Nebulae
I really like the metro one. I've been thinking about posing myself lately. Anything you're doing that you'd recommend?

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I really like the metro one. I've been thinking about posing myself lately. Anything you're doing that you'd recommend?

He'll say Gmod.

I'll say SFM.

it's personal preference.

Nebulae
just have a play around mostly, experiment, have a bit of fun with it
http://imgur.com/a/ozTi1
these are my really really old poses back from like 2013 or something, if ya keep at it youll get better it just takes practise i guess

but yeah id say gmod to start off with if youre completly new because you only have to learn about the basic things about posing, if you start with sfm your gonna have to learn how to use the program aswell, atleast gmod is something your (probably) familiar with but by all means go for whatever, you probably gonna get better lighting results with sfm for a good bit anyway gmod lamps are a pain in the ass

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
just have a play around mostly, experiment, have a bit of fun with it
http://imgur.com/a/ozTi1
these are my really really old poses back from like 2013 or something, if ya keep at it youll get better it just takes practise i guess

but yeah id say gmod to start off with if youre completly new because you only have to learn about the basic things about posing, if you start with sfm your gonna have to learn how to use the program aswell, atleast gmod is something your (probably) familiar with but by all means go for whatever, you probably gonna get better lighting results with sfm for a good bit anyway gmod lamps are a pain in the ass

Take a 10 minute tutorial with me. @Zach and @Ethereal Guy did.