Your History of nebulous.cloud

• Thread starter Deleted member 2011
  • Start date

Rictalspace

Manager of Fist Industries
Nebulae
0GmcSkd.png

3-4 hours of content of the entire TeamSpeak thing, kept in The Great Archive :grinning:
Send that over to me would ya'?

Gubbyfishy

Proton
Nebulae
Everyone who has a join date somewhere between April 26 and the beginning of May, is most likely from LP.

liew

Don't Shoot I'm Too Short
Nebulae
saw ftrp was going to become nebulous so I joined after that

NightLock

LightKey's Evil twin
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I was playing on a Star Wars RP server, I heard CT 5387 Jenkins, however we shall call him joe for the sake of anonymity, talk about HL2RP and how shit it was. I was a 2nd LT for the Clone guards, and was proper proud of myself. I heard all the bad press, and decided to make a pilgrimage, to what supposedly was a shit set of servers to mingle about. The first one I clicked on happened to be nebulous, as the only other active one was German. I played about an hour and thought 'It's okay, not my cup of tea though' I played the next day, when there were a few more people on and passive RP'd with a ton of people in the City 8 sewers. However, a sweep happened, and I ran for my life out of there, passing by unnoticed. I then turned it off, and realized I had been playing for 5 hours and it was 1 o'clock in the morning. I have not reconnected to the Star Wars RP server since, and have poured my soul into HL2RP. I joined the forums a few days into my stay on the server, and have been a member ever since. Fuck you CT 5387 Jen- I mean Joe. You guys have put together an amazing server after the apparently devastating fall of LP. Planning on staying here much longer, so you better get used to me

Reactions: List

Deerjohn

Nucleus
Nebulae
i joined frundtech community with other people the moment i heard lemonpunch was dying, joined nebulous soon after

Chester

custom title
Nebulae
lp refugee

one day Powley approaches me wanting to do HaloRP as LP was sinking faster than the Titanic, but then I remembered (mostly) everyone liked the concept of FTRP so I suggested we do that instead

but alas that was due to the rose-tinted goggles of nostalgia

afterwards, we had plans for our own community based around FTRP as the core gamemode and actually had some financial resources set aside before Toasty came outta nowhere with the nebulous.cloud plans and we eventually migrated there along with the rest of the potential playerbase

then you know the story after that, we attempted another iteration of FTRP but due to my gross lack of experience with being an SD as well as a lack of preparation in some departments amidst other things that i can't remember from the top of my head it eventually crashed and burned along with my motivation and creativity, not to mention @Powley was in a car crash early into the weeks after launch so officially it was me and Toasty handling the behind-the-scenes things like applications, staff, etc whilst the staff team functioned on the server, Bork and Thy doing their quests as well as everyone else and whatnot.

I also had exams at the time so it was a massive juggle between studying/horrendous amounts of coursework and dealing with the server when it was some days where I was solely running things

and with that, I learned that it can be stressful being an SD of a hyped gamemode with everything riding on you and the staff for success, and unfortunately I - and FTRP - learned that the hard way. It was a shame to see the gamemode become attached to the reputation it is today but in the end that's down to the fact that it could've been handled much, much better than it was

nonetheless it was an enlightening crash course and as much as I regret a lot of things about the way things went I still had fun in the end, and it brings me to commend SD's like roosebud and BQ, the latter fervently juggling between CM and SD

in essence, FTRP could've and would've been executed far better if I had been prepared for undertaking SD, but I can't lie that FTRP had some really gucci moments

but yeah back on topic after that I went to WW3RP, played as staff for the majority of my time there, took another break for first set of exams, came back, gotta take another break for exams in May

there's an extensive history of my time here

then it failed again cause people thought a name change would make it work
despite the fact that FTRP was actually the original iteration on LP (and NC as a result) and has spawned on different communities in the past, long before LP

i think you're slabbering about QZRP lmao

Grau

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
lp refugee

one day Powley approaches me wanting to do HaloRP as LP was sinking faster than the Titanic, but then I remembered (mostly) everyone liked the concept of FTRP so I suggested we do that instead

but alas that was due to the rose-tinted goggles of nostalgia

afterwards, we had plans for our own community based around FTRP as the core gamemode and actually had some financial resources set aside before Toasty came outta nowhere with the nebulous.cloud plans and we eventually migrated there along with the rest of the potential playerbase

then you know the story after that, we attempted another iteration of FTRP but due to my gross lack of experience with being an SD as well as a lack of preparation in some departments amidst other things that i can't remember from the top of my head it eventually crashed and burned along with my motivation and creativity, not to mention @Powley was in a car crash early into the weeks after launch so officially it was me and Toasty handling the behind-the-scenes things like applications, staff, etc whilst the staff team functioned on the server, Bork and Thy doing their quests as well as everyone else and whatnot.

I also had exams at the time so it was a massive juggle between studying/horrendous amounts of coursework and dealing with the server when it was some days where I was solely running things

and with that, I learned that it can be stressful being an SD of a hyped gamemode with everything riding on you and the staff for success, and unfortunately I - and FTRP - learned that the hard way. It was a shame to see the gamemode become attached to the reputation it is today but in the end that's down to the fact that it could've been handled much, much better than it was

nonetheless it was an enlightening crash course and as much as I regret a lot of things about the way things went I still had fun in the end, and it brings me to commend SD's like roosebud and BQ, the latter fervently juggling between CM and SD

in essence, FTRP could've and would've been executed far better if I had been prepared for undertaking SD, but I can't lie that FTRP had some really gucci moments

but yeah back on topic after that I went to WW3RP, played as staff for the majority of my time there, took another break for first set of exams, came back, gotta take another break for exams in May

there's an extensive history of my time here

despite the fact that FTRP was actually the original iteration on LP (and NC as a result) and has spawned on different communities in the past, long before LP

i think you're slabbering about QZRP lmao
ftrp is one of my favourite rp schemas and I think if things would have went a better way we would still have it

Jake The Dog

Neutrino
Nebulae
I actually sumbled upon it 2 days ago. I was looking for another HL2RP server, because Novabox is an american server, so there would only be people on the server at like 3 in the morning. That's how I found NebulousRP.

Shock

Electron
Nebulae
I was utterly confused at the end of LP, it went from one day of seemingly normal business on WW3RP to suddenly logging on and being told the server was shutting down. After that I wandered around trying to find another server like LP but couldn't find it. Then one day I saw Neb.

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
LemonPunch vet and refugee as well, but I was partially directed here from the revival idea of FTRP as well. Needless to say, I was more than glad they merged into Nebulous.
And needless to say, it was saddening FTRP didn't turn out well. I wanted it to succeed, but alas, things didn't end well as we all know. And I was pretty annoyed with how long my mutant app took to be processed fully, and even then it was heavily altered in the end because I guess I couldn't explain the properties of the mutation properly and was heavily misunderstood. Left a bad taste in my mouth, honestly.
Anyway, besides that, I've been in HL2RP here from the beginning.

Bork

Roleplay Punisher
Nebulae
lp refugee

I still have my two videos from the last LP meeting which basically was the roasting of gurrazor.
It's crazy how many views I got for posting that on youtube. I think I almost peaked 10k views on one of the videos, before it was taken down and this was only after a fucking week. The video surfaced so many places, it was literally a huge moment in garrys mod community dramas.

I can re-upload if anyone wants it, but it should probably stay in the past