Rejected zak bad code thread

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i got bored while recoding binoculars and decided to try brushing up on my animating skills again to bring them up to 2013 standards

That feeling when Binoculars are being worked on knowing I'll finally be able to spy on people again.

dm2AqQX.jpg

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 5162

Convert Clockwork HUD (Health, Armor) to Singleplayer sandbox, I'll thank you for centuries.

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
Got bored and recreated the gasmask overlays, but way better this time. Now cracks are based on the condition of the suit instead of the player's health, which both makes more sense and encourages people to keep their gear in good condition. In addition, the cracks use the refract shader to distort the screen more convincingly; as condition worsens, the cracks become more visible and can even refract the environment.

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
Got bored and recreated the gasmask overlays, but way better this time. Now cracks are based on the condition of the suit instead of the player's health, which both makes more sense and encourages people to keep their gear in good condition. In addition, the cracks use the refract shader to distort the screen more convincingly; as condition worsens, the cracks become more visible and can even refract the environment.

If this get's pushed to main, can cops get this effect as well?

maybe a bit more subtle as most rebels don't have gasmask suits

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae

next step is gasmasks attainable ingame
[doublepost=1562116904][/doublepost]

ye agree the big cop suits should feel clunky and uncomfortable

Holymilk

Nucleus
Nebulae

Yeah fuck it why not, it'll give me a reason to change suits at-least or just tell myself I don't care by wearing the same suit for weeks after being slashed, shot, beaten and stabbed since day 1 of being a cop.

Holymilk

Nucleus
Nebulae
cops already have an annoying overlay slapped across their screens no need to make it even worse
I agree on that, instead of adding the shadows on the corner for cops just only keep the visuals on when it’s damaged/broken like how zak showcased it

. When a cop uses the same suit since they were 00 you’d expect it wearing down due to the hazards ( and we already have CP suits in our vendors so we can replace them whenever). It’d be annoying yeah, but I can deal with a potentially cool looking feature.

E: perhaps Zak can form another variant for cop suits so instead of the shadows and the rubbish on the visor like for the rebel gasmasks, the visuals of the CP mask being broken only shows the cracks?

Last edited:

axido

whatttttttt
Nebulae
I agree on that, instead of adding the shadows on the corner for cops just only keep the visuals on when it’s damaged/broken like how zak showcased it

. When a cop uses the same suit since they were 00 you’d expect it wearing down due to the hazards ( and we already have CP suits in our vendors so we can replace them whenever). It’d be annoying yeah, but I can deal with a potentially cool looking feature.

E: perhaps Zak can form another variant for cop suits so instead on the shadows and the rubbish on the visor, the visuals of the mask being broken would only be when they’re injured?
no it's just even more annoying than the current binoculars visor especially considering that you have to wear it 90% of the time you're flagged on

keep it as it is

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
i hate the binocular overlay for cops, it makes no sense

D

Deleted member 1435

not for cops, please i beg

please no, human brain is wired to actually not see things like this. if we are going down this path we should model a blurred out nose in the middle of the screen between the two eyes and each get 180 FOV, with everything blurred out except the very part of the middle.
it also looks really fucking annoying if im being brutally honest
next step is gasmasks attainable ingame
ye agree the big cop suits should feel clunky and uncomfortable

It's a hoodie, a kevlar vest and adidas track pants with a gas mask, not the fucking power armor.

D

Deleted member 1435

i hate the binocular overlay for cops, it makes no sense
it's still better than having that mask overlay across your face for the entire duration of your cop duty

What we have right now is less obstructive, to be fully fair id like to remove all fucking overlays, cops don't have a fucking doom guy sci-fi helmet with terminator tactical computer, its just a fucking shitty soviet gas mask. Ideally it'd be just the corners of the screen having some black shadow/tint/blur of sorts to simulate fact you have round eye-holes, but very subtly. In this case going hyper realistic would like with above video's overlay would be annoying, obstructive and actually detrimental to any 'immersion'.
[doublepost=1562161197][/doublepost]Here's a fun alternative: Code in some kind of mask weariness or some shit, and the more of that the more of above overlay is, and you gotta idk either replace or clean your mask, just like how you'd imagine you do IRL (shoutouts to anyone who played paintball), but that depends on Zak if he wants to code that.

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
I'll be real, mask overlays shouldn't really ever be that noticeable

Lower opacity on it would be cool, otherwise it can get annoying, especially if you're already in a dark environment

Also would overlays display in third person? I'd imagine not right, because it'd be really jarring if you had a mask following you around over your shoulder.

D

Deleted member 1435

Here's a fun alternative: Code in some kind of mask weariness or some shit, and the more of that the more of above overlay is, and you gotta idk either replace or clean your mask, just like how you'd imagine you do IRL (shoutouts to anyone who played paintball), but that depends on Zak if he wants to code that.

Shit, expanding more on that, why not add function to CP suits like 'Wipe' or 'Clean' or something that requires it to be unequipped, and if you don't for each tick it gets more dirty or steamy or whatever, with some random fluctutions added to how much, so you gotta go home, wipe your mask and shit.

I'd go on to talk about making the suits get dirty GTA San Andreas cars style when running about but that's beyond the scope of the idea.

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
if your mask starts to get cracked up or takes damage you’re going to notice it

It’s just a simple “if rebels get it, cops take this new addition” as well. Replace bino vision for this? I said to make it more subtle until damaged.

D

Deleted member 1435

if your mask starts to get cracked up or takes damage you’re going to notice it

It’s just a simple “if rebels get it, cops take this new addition” as well. Replace bino vision for this? I said to make it more subtle until damaged.

it's too fucking 'in your face', youd never actually notice this when wearing a mask. we might as well add a nose on right side of the screen since everyone sees their own nose. id be fine with this if it, idk, had reduced eye corners and shit and the actual overlay had a big pull on the opacity, then yeah, i guess

Erkor

Narrative/Lore Management
Nebulae
id take this over the binocular vision for cps any day if its a bit more subtle and less harsh on the vignette side

i mean how the fuck are cps even getting that binocular eye if they are, factually, just wearing gas masks with smart displays that track their colleagues when they're in the field of view?

D

Deleted member 1435

id take this over the binocular vision for cps any day if its a bit more subtle and less harsh on the vignette side

i mean how the fuck are cps even getting that binocular eye if they are, factually, just wearing gas masks with smart displays that track their colleagues when they're in the field of view?

i agree that bino overlay makes no sense, but this 'new' one is so mega fucking obstructive its silly, youd have like what, 20 degrees FOV vision with it because half the screen is just black bars/corners and even that is blurry as fuck?

if its a lot more subtle itd work, sure