Rejected zak bad code thread

Erkor

Narrative/Lore Management
Nebulae
i agree that bino overlay makes no sense, but this 'new' one is so mega fucking obstructive its silly, youd have like what, 20 degrees FOV vision with it because half the screen is just black bars/corners and even that is blurry as fuck?

if its a lot more subtle itd work, sure
i mean thats basically what i said

lower the opacity on the vignette or pull it back and make more of it lense dirt and you're good i think

D

Deleted member 1435

i mean thats basically what i said

lower the opacity on the vignette or pull it back and make more of it lense dirt and you're good i think

just straight up look at metro gas mask

just add some black blurry hints of round eye holes in corners and maybe top/bottom middle of screen and its great.

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
i agree that bino overlay makes no sense, but this 'new' one is so mega fucking obstructive its silly, youd have like what, 20 degrees FOV vision with it because half the screen is just black bars/corners and even that is blurry as fuck?

if its a lot more subtle itd work, sure

Well, similar for rebels in getting this. It’s way too overburdening and in your face.

This just seemed like the reasonable thing, so I started mentioning it so more people gave their input.

Reactions: List

axido

whatttttttt
Nebulae

just straight up look at metro gas mask

just add some black blurry hints of round eye holes in corners and maybe top/bottom middle of screen and its great.

These were on cw without the shader reflections

if zak could post a video with it being 50% more transparent that'd be great

Jeffreyyyyy

Electron
Nebulae
I must say that it always feel like you are getting hostile towards each other towards things on here, why is that?

Erkor

Nebulae
i mean honestly if youre anything but hostile or apparently hostile youre opening yourself up to be laughed at by everyone in the community since everyone here is a fucking vulture anyhow

good coding zak keep itu p !!! ‍

D

Deleted member 1435

I must say that it always feel like you are getting hostile towards each other towards things on here, why is that?

latest

im a man of peace, son

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
i mean honestly if youre anything but hostile or apparently hostile youre opening yourself up to be laughed at by everyone in the community since everyone here is a fucking vulture anyhow

good coding zak keep itu p !!! ‍

you can be opinionated or disagree just don’t be an asshole or have no context to your filler

zak I don’t wanna go “haha this was a social experiment” btw but if cop mains are having such issues with it, I think it’s just a little overburdening for rebels that wed naturally get used to.

just if I can, I’d reapply the cw kind of graphics in terms of leniency, make it so it’s not so hard on the eyes or drastic. I already get greysceened when I’m at chips of hp...

D

Deleted member 1435

you can be opinionated or disagree just don’t be an asshole or have no context to your filler

zak I don’t wanna go “haha this was a social experiment” btw but if cop mains are having such issues with it, I think it’s just a little overburdening for rebels that wed naturally get used to.

just if I can, I’d reapply the cw kind of graphics in terms of leniency, make it so it’s not so hard on the eyes or drastic. I already get greysceened when I’m at chips of hp...

controversial: no huds, no pings, no healthbars, no overlays, no YOUR HURT GET TO COVER, no tips, no 'ghetto block 12....... .12:04 am......', just chat, so you can actually get immersed and feel in the moment and not get distracted

jamEs

fqjdlkmsbvqfgkhpoiuaeazer
Nebulae
controversial: no huds, no pings, no healthbars, no overlays, no YOUR HURT GET TO COVER, no tips, no 'ghetto block 12....... .12:04 am......', just chat, so you can actually get immersed and feel in the moment and not get distracted
no scoreboard, status command disabled, playercount hidden

hardcore mode

D

Deleted member 1435

no scoreboard, status command disabled, playercount hidden

hardcore mode
spacebar to blink, pee, take a shower, eat, drink and de-stress yourself my summer car style

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
no server, no gamemode, no farm script

just a text box lacking any model visual representation.

Erkor

Nebulae
no guns
no combat mechanics
no s2k
no deathmatch
only roleplay
only roleplay
only roleplay

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
The downside to wearing a gasmask has always been how many degrees of your field of vision gets impaired. There's a reason every soldier on every battlefield with potential gas ever hasn't constantly had one on, despite a lot of them being outfitted. I'd rather people be discouraged from wearing big clunky masks.

I don't imagine the cop suit should feel comfortable either. If anything it might feel that bit more bulkier and cumbersome if you add some overlays.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
The downside to wearing a gasmask has always been how many degrees of your field of vision gets impaired. There's a reason every soldier on every battlefield with potential gas ever hasn't constantly had one on, despite a lot of them being outfitted. I'd rather people be discouraged from wearing big clunky masks.

I don't imagine the cop suit should feel comfortable either. If anything it might feel that bit more bulkier and cumbersome if you add some overlays.
its because running or doing anything mildly physically demanding becomes 10x harder in terms of breathing the second you put on the mask

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
please no, human brain is wired to actually not see things like this.
the vignette is based off of me wearing a ppm-88 for half an hour then creating it while using my own field of view as a frame of reference. your brain filters out the edges, the top, and most of the nose covering, but there's a bit that's just too obstructive to cut out. maybe it'd go away after another hour or two of wearing it, but there's an alternative gameplay reason to it, which is to discourage people from wearing heavy, claustrophobic masks 24/7.

IMG_20190703_173244635.jpg

Also would overlays display in third person? I'd imagine not right, because it'd be really jarring if you had a mask following you around over your shoulder.
i'm still on the fence about that, clockwork displayed it in thirdperson and it'd just lead to more people using it to get an advantage

What we have right now is less obstructive, to be fully fair id like to remove all fucking overlays, cops don't have a fucking doom guy sci-fi helmet with terminator tactical computer, its just a fucking shitty soviet gas mask. Ideally it'd be just the corners of the screen having some black shadow/tint/blur of sorts to simulate fact you have round eye-holes, but very subtly. In this case going hyper realistic would like with above video's overlay would be annoying, obstructive and actually detrimental to any 'immersion'.
if i change the overlay for cops it'd be a different overlay than this, with no dirt and less vignette

D

Deleted member 1435

the vignette is based off of me wearing a ppm-88 for half an hour then creating it while using my own field of view as a frame of reference. your brain filters out the edges, the top, and most of the nose covering, but there's a bit that's just too obstructive to cut out. maybe it'd go away after another hour or two of wearing it, but there's an alternative gameplay reason to it, which is to discourage people from wearing heavy, claustrophobic masks 24/7.

IMG_20190703_173244635.jpg

i'm still on the fence about that, clockwork displayed it in thirdperson and it'd just lead to more people using it to get an advantage

if i change the overlay for cops it'd be a different overlay than this, with no dirt and less vignette

would need to see it before i can say if its cool or not, in my opinion, of course