Zombine's Coding Cabana

Clark

Proton
Nebulae
Try it out by firing a headcrab canister. Want to see the effects of that.
69413.jpg

Reactions: List

Zombine

DevelopersDevelopersDevelop
Nebulae
aren't headcrab cannisters physics impacts, or have i heard wrong
no physics are involved in headcrab canister impacts.
the canister actually has no velocity, its position is simply interpolated along an arc, hence why it travels through buildings and lands precisely where you want it.

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
no physics are involved in headcrab canister impacts.
the canister actually has no velocity, its position is simply interpolated along an arc, hence why it travels through buildings and lands precisely where you want it.
well, sort of lands where you want it

if spawned in midair or to land on a prop other than a prop_static it'll continue its path until it finds the first valid world surface, hence why you can't shell the ship unless using the map-built button where i set the "impact where placed" spawnflag

Zombine

DevelopersDevelopersDevelop
Nebulae
well, sort of lands where you want it

if spawned in midair or to land on a prop other than a prop_static it'll continue its path until it finds the first valid world surface, hence why you can't shell the ship unless using the map-built button where i set the "impact where placed" spawnflag

because for some wonderful reason the bitflag "MASK_SOLID" does not apply to props.... smh valve
it constantly moves along this arc and traces forward to find somewhere to land. this trace filters out things that aren't considered "solid"

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
because for some wonderful reason the bitflag "MASK_SOLID" does not apply to props.... smh valve
it constantly moves along this arc and traces forward to find somewhere to land. this trace filters out things that aren't considered "solid"
valve wtf are you doing

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
"hello, valve?"
"yes?"
"why does everything in your game have such dumb weight values?"
"what do you mean?"

i think that one actually makes sense, they wanted physics objects hit by it to go fucking bonkers when you fired it at them