Zombine's Coding Cabana

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
weird artifacts as you back up can't be helped, as I can't control the opacity of each pixel as you get further away, only the opacity of the entire scanline overlay.
but it gives substance and texture to the monitor rather than feeling fake, so /shrug
duh zombine just rewrite the entire renderer

smh

Zombine

DevelopersDevelopersDevelop
Nebulae
duh zombine just rewrite the entire renderer

smh
you don't know how badly i want access to making my own shaders :(
since I learned HLSL for my game design classes, the neat shit I could make things do...

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
you don't know how badly i want access to making my own shaders :(
since I learned HLSL for my game design classes, the neat shit I could make things do...
pretty sure you can though?? maybe i'm talking out my ass again tho

Zombine

Nebulae
pretty sure you can though?? maybe i'm talking out my ass again tho
nope no way to load your own shaders at the moment unless you do some disgusting stuff with C++ modules, and even then it apparently takes lightyears for shaders loaded in this way to compile, or something like that.

aiaininja

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Will the terminal leave behind any logs? Not to be pessimist but I can only expect people to eventually mess around with it or use it to sneakily call CPs without a chance of reaction.

Zombine

Nebulae
Will the terminal leave behind any logs? Not to be pessimist but I can only expect people to eventually mess around with it or use it to sneakily call CPs without a chance of reaction.
well it's going to call with an automatically generated /request format, so I can't imagine they'd be able to abuse it without getting caught.
i'm not running clockwork in singleplayer, so i couldn't show this feature, but the terminal won't let you log in if you aren't carrying your CID.

Khiel

Molecule
Nebulae
terminal won't let you log in if you aren't carrying your CID.
ik the cams would probs get them anyway, but imho if an AC / BOL uses a terminal it should say something like "ATTENTION, REPORT TO YOUR LOCAL CIVIL PROTECTION TEAMS IMMEDIATELY" or smthn like that, alongside probs placing a V.U on the spot

Zombine

Nebulae
ok im done fucking with it

Added fading transitions for panels, changed button click sound for request button, changed the color scheme of the button, cleaned up some code

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
ok im done fucking with it

Added fading transitions for panels, changed button click sound for request button, changed the color scheme of the button, cleaned up some code

nGtHnD.png

far right there, could add their CID

:^)

Zombine

Nebulae
nGtHnD.png

far right there, could add their CID

:^)

i left it empty because of people with long names, coupled with the larger font size.
i have it coded to truncate longer names and append "..." if it doesn't all fit, but I don't want to add something if I know it won't always fit

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
i left it empty because of people with long names, coupled with the larger font size.
i have it coded to truncate longer names and append "..." if it doesn't all fit, but I don't want to add something if I know it won't always fit
inb4 the people with retardedly long foreign names get pissy that it works that way instead of downscaling the font

Zombine

Nebulae
inb4 the people with retardedly long foreign names get pissy that it works that way instead of downscaling the font
unfortunately downscaling fonts like that actually ends up creating lots of extra fonts (any time the text doesnt fit it has to calculate an appropriate size and create a new font with that size). I experimented with using matrices to independently control the scale of the text without messing with the font size, but matrix operations don't work in 3D2D ui.....

Reactions: List