28 Weeks Later RP

Sound Interesting?

• By Jimminy Cricket you've done it again you filthy race mixer (Si)

Votes: 73 65.2%
  • Old bean I must say, it's interesting but you're still a fucking minority (No)

Votes: 25 22.3%
  • HURR HURR I'M A MENTALLY AMBIGUOUS FUCKING FOOL PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM THE GENE POOL (Undecided)

Votes: 14 12.5%

• Total voters
Nebulae
"Clear channels to Control. Control One this is General Stone. All forces under my control prepare to execute "Code Red" on my command."

sOKMD6u.png

The Context

The year is two thousand and three, in the winter of the prior year, the rage virus swept its across the United Kingdom, bringing unfathomable destruction and loss of life. The virus, highly contagious, removes all inhibition, physical sensation and morals from an infected person, causing their body to become highly unstable, it effects blood vessels in the rage center of the brain, originally intended to control violent prisoners to make them "happy" once-more, the virus creates feelings of intense rage, anger and disgust towards all non-infected life.

Those infected with the virus, actively seek out and infect others, all contact with bodily fluids has a near one hundred percent infection rate, and a cure has yet to be found. The only way to eradicate the virus, is to wait for the infected to starve, or enough blunt force trauma to stop the infected's body from continuing to move. Once the virus infected patient zero, in an animal testing facility, it quickly spread until only a mere twenty eight days later, the country collapsed into pure, unadulterated chaos.

uyEmNH1.png

The Setting

Our scene is set in London, during the initial twenty eight weeks post infection and the year it takes to clean out London, in an attempt to avoid reinfection. There may also be events set during the first outbreak, but for the sake of gameplay, the average zombie setting will likely stay as an event. A lot has changed in London, it's near empty with a small population of only a million compared to the previous eight million, most of whom now are scattered across other European countries, or died during the outbreak. Morale is high, this is the first win against the virus, though a natural 'time out' in its cycle, many feel this is the dawn of a new beginning, one where they won't have to fear waking up to face the crimson red eyes of the infected.

7SDgHWj.png

The Factions

Her Majesty's Armed Forces/The Red Cross

The re-established British military, consisting of surviving soldiers from the first outbreak, and international transfers from UN countries allied against the rage virus in common interest. The other side being Red Cross Society members, established to care for people during the transfer, with food, finances and health; both mental and physical. The general consensus between the two groups, is to avoid conflict with the use of what is being termed as "gentle force", through general fear-mongering, such as public broadcasts about "the dangers outside the zone" and general horror stories about the infected world beyond. The Military will frequently deploy to catch any people attempting to flee the city, and to hunt down the remaining pockets of infected. The success rate for many of the missions wherein they end up being attacked by infected is incredibly low, so those who make it through are heralded by pro-quarantine civilians and their own leaders as war heroes.

The Infected

Though their numbers are cut fairly thin, there still remain those infected during the last days prior to the quarantine, that still roam the walls outside London, they are targeted by the military, and target anyone foolish enough to leave the zone unarmed. Essentially the infected's goal is to find some way into the city and infect all those inside, thus restarting the outbreak, there will likely be events involving small groups of infected breaking in by some means, probably sewer tunnels/the old metro tunnels that still lead out of London, leaving the military to hold them off. They are able to target all civilians and military personnel in a style that mimics the OOC term S2K, essentially aiming to overwhelm their targets with their speed and increased durability. Those infected with rage will (hopefully if this ever gets made) have a SWEP granting them a multitude of different abilities, such as vomiting blood to infect those not wearing a gasmask, scratching and biting and maybe even screaming to alert nearby infected of a target's presence.

Civilians

Everyday humans, those who I want to focus the most on, how they live their lives is up to them, whether they establish themselves in the city and live by the reasonable and normal government quarantine rules, or break the code and escape outside the walls to the countryside still filled with the dangers of the infected, is up to them. There are many who feel disenfranchised and afraid of the government, for how quickly it abandoned them during the first outbreak, though morale persists with many, distrust and hatred is present too. Essentially, this ambiguous faction can choose to do as they wish, much like HL2RP, and unlike with FTRP and their ridiculous amount of guns and civilian control, the aim here, is to promote pure passive and FearRP to the highest extent, the only people who get guns will be the military, expect at most as a civilian to maybe get a baseball bat or some other blunt/sharp and riot oriented instrument, machetes and molotovs etcetera, are also fairly popular due to their frequent use in the first outbreak, those looking to take to the countryside, whether it be to look for fallen relatives, or simply to explore, will likely be equipped with these.

BQxMP6D.png

What we need, a brief bullet pointed list

• A staff team (Yes I already doubted you'd let me lead my own idea, so please go ahead and suggest yourself for SD)
  • At least two fairly dedicated devs/mappers
  • SWEPs developed for the infected, mimicking the style of L4D2's infected versus mode
  • A playerbase (fuck well shit fucked up there)
  • A weapon base with a dedicated melee combat set of weapons, as well as decent enough weapons (I'm thinking TFA)
  • YOU YES YOU GUY IN THE BACK PLAYING THE BASEBALL MOVIE MUSIC
  • A lore team, one that has preferably seen both the subject films to assist me in writing up some actually decent lore documents
  • Alex 'Ahh' Bisto's blessing
ASK ANY QUESTIONS BELOW ODDS ARE I MISSED A LOT THIS IS A BRIEF INTRODUCTION THANK YOU XXXX

Moon

Quark
Nebulae
feels like there's not really a sense of progression for people if the most you can get is a semi decent melee weapon

I'd also have some kind of purpose for civilians. for most people, you can't rely on them to find one themselves

Nebulae
feels like there's not really a sense of progression for people if the most you can get is a semi decent melee weapon

I'd also have some kind of purpose for civilians. for most people, you can't rely on them to find one themselves

True, in terms of civilian labor I envisioned those healthy enough to stand would help in the effort to rebuild central London, etcetera, progression will probably be steady once someone gets the cojones to kills a member of the military or finds a bunch of them dead outside the walls, either way I want firearms to be incredibly difficult to obtain. This isn't going to be a gamemode based around S2K for most as much as it will be a mode based on passive.

WW3 has no progression, it is solely S2K, I don't see why doing the opposite, having slow progression focused on passive, should be an issue. I don't see why civilians couldn't have normal jobs as well, relateable to real life to create the sense of a living city where everyone has a different purpose, not to an EURP level, but you know, if you want to wash floors after the world has ended, be my guest.

Moon

Quark
Nebulae
True, in terms of civilian labor I envisioned those healthy enough to stand would help in the effort to rebuild central London, etcetera, progression will probably be steady once someone gets the cojones to kills a member of the military or finds a bunch of them dead outside the walls, either way I want firearms to be incredibly difficult to obtain. This isn't going to be a gamemode based around S2K for most as much as it will be a mode based on passive.

WW3 has no progression, it is solely S2K, I don't see why doing the opposite, having slow progression focused on passive, should be an issue. I don't see why civilians couldn't have normal jobs as well, relateable to real life to create the sense of a living city where everyone has a different purpose, not to an EURP level, but you know, if you want to wash floors after the world has ended, be my guest.

without guns, there's not going to be much conflict that's not left to sloppy S2RP with bats. not to mention the amount of people who enjoy a majority of passive RP is probably more of a niche nowadays

I'd argue there is progression in ww3rp. you can climb the ranks, join divisions and what not - presumably get different equipment as well. if most people are restricted from better equipment (e.g. guns) then realistically what is there for them to work for? washing floors is alright I suppose, creates a bit of RP for a while - but in other servers it's usually a means to an end rather than one of the main functions of your character.

Nebulae
without guns, there's not going to be much conflict that's not left to sloppy S2RP with bats. not to mention the amount of people who enjoy a majority of passive RP is probably more of a niche nowadays

Considering I literally said zombies are able to eliminate people with S2K vomiting and clawing at people's faces I'm sure there will be situations that, no matter how janky it looks, people will be able to S2K (stab to kill) with melee weapons, if only to equal the playing field. However, in all honesty, I want them to feel disadvantaged to the highest degree possible, so for once we don't get 6FT7" BIG BURLY MAN WITH FAT AVTOMAT STRAPPED AROUND BODY.

I'd argue there is progression in ww3rp. you can climb the ranks, join divisions and what not - presumably get different equipment as well. if most people are restricted from better equipment (e.g. guns) then realistically what is there for them to work for?

Are most people not essentially restricted by an OOC/Paywall for all the good shit in HL2? Yeah they are, there's progression in luck, and there's progression through passive, the first rule of roleplay, is that you don't need scripts to roleplay your character, acquire what you need through IC means, but as I said I want this to simulate the real world, unless you really look for it you're likely not going to find anything. WW3 is no different, in its "progression" I don't want to lock anything away from people.

washing floors is alright I suppose, creates a bit of RP for a while - but in other servers it's usually a means to an end rather than one of the main functions of your character.

The means to an end here is usually S2K, but as I said I wouldn't want that for this server's sole purpose, you want S2K then go join the military, OOCly sign your character up, go through the correct training and get out there and S2K, if you're a civilian who wants to shoot, wait outside the walls for the dead to ambush a truck going out, once they're all infected and clear out to a darker area during the day, you can go and collect a shiny new gun and live out your edgy stalker fetishist lifestyle, it's all open ended, how you progress is through how you'd decide to proceed. Owning a weapon will make you a criminal, people will notice a rifle missing and will hunt for you, so you form a group of people etc and so on and so forth it continues.

Reactions: List

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
i think it would be a better idea to do 28 days later or something closer to that time cause then there's more conflict
yeah i agree
and there'd be more of a sense panic, more disorganisation, etc

Nebulae
i think it would be a better idea to do 28 days later or something closer to that time cause then there's more conflict

well i'd be fine doing just after the panic, and the 48 weeks that followed before all the dead starved, but I reckon it'd be difficult to do without NPCs.

JohnLugo

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
accept friend request boio i got some sweet ideas to share