28 Weeks Later RP

Sound Interesting?

• By Jimminy Cricket you've done it again you filthy race mixer (Si)

Votes: 73 65.2%
  • Old bean I must say, it's interesting but you're still a fucking minority (No)

Votes: 25 22.3%
  • HURR HURR I'M A MENTALLY AMBIGUOUS FUCKING FOOL PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM THE GENE POOL (Undecided)

Votes: 14 12.5%

• Total voters

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
there's a lack of ammo in tlou

Yeah, but every guy in the game basically has a gun, melee weapons are only really used as a ammo saving or last resort deal.

Setting it in America would mean that pretty much everyone would have a gun, considering how many gun shops and police stations there are.

Reactions: List

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Yeah, but every guy in the game basically has a gun, melee weapons are only really used as a ammo saving or last resort deal.

Setting it in America would mean that pretty much everyone would have a gun, considering how many gun shops and police stations there are.
imo it's good to have it in England. Makes a change from America always being the focus

TinPan

Needs to blow his nose
Nebulae
thank god it's set in britain then
The most you'd be able to get in Britain (Or Europe if we state that Europe has come into contact with the Rage Virus) in terms of starting off with a Legal Firearm would either be an Old Rifle or an Old Shotgun. Sure, under some circumstances someone may have illegally made/smuggled over something like a Glock-18 or a Mac-10 in their Suitcase; but that's more or less what you'll get in terms of Firearms. If your wanting full on Automatic Rifles or SMG's, good fucking luck. Either you'll have to fuck up some Soldiers or pray to god you get your hands on one when they die
sorry pal, my idea is better.
In all honesty Poopship, as much as I do like your suggestion, I do believe that this one also has an equal amount of Positives going for it too. If anything, combining elements from both this idea and yours before eventually creating your own lore rich with event-opportunities and Character Backgrounds would be amazing in terms of both planning and execution.

As long as we dont make FTRP v3.0 and make it as Immersive/Unique as possible, it'd be a great concept

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
The most you'd be able to get in Britain (Or Europe if we state that Europe has come into contact with the Rage Virus) in terms of starting off with a Legal Firearm would either be an Old Rifle or an Old Shotgun. Sure, under some circumstances someone may have illegaly made/smuggled over soemthing like a Glock-18 or a Mac-10 in their Suitcase; but that's more or less what you'll get in terms of Firearms. If your wanting full on Automatic Rifles or SMG's, good fucking luck. Either you'll have to fuck up some Soldiers or pray to god you get your hands on one when they die

In all honesty Poopship, as much as I do like your suggestion, I do believe that this one also has an equal amount of Positives going for it too. If anything, combining elements from both this idea and yours before eventually creating your own lore rich with event-opportunities and Character Backgrounds would be amazing in terms of both planning and execution.

ok let me just keep writing mine up until it's better.

TinPan

Needs to blow his nose
Nebulae
ok let me just keep writing mine up until it's better.
Just don't set it in the West please. The Eastern Continent would be sick as fuck to traverse across as a party as opposed to the US. If its going to be a Linear experience that is and not Freeform

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
Just don't set it in the West please. The Eastern Continent would be sick as fuck to traverse across as a party as opposed to the US. If its going to be a Linear experience that is and not Freeform

The West is best as it's the best way to excuse the abundance of fire-arms and ammunition. I won't rule travelling to Canada/Mexico out of the question, but doing zombie apocalypses in Europe/Middle East/Asia is a mistake. Perhaps Russia would be a decent place, but it has a very homogeneous culture and that doesn't give room for the melting pot of cultures, ethnicity and ideology as America does.

I don't know why we would try to go back to the TLOU/28DaysLater/QZRP mentality of creating safe-spaces with military guard whitelists, it's just a bad idea and ends up not working. People don't WANT to sit in a safezone, even if it is safe. They'd rather play HL2RP. You cannot force these things to happen or else the player-base your targeting will reject them because everyone generally wants to be out in the boonies, fighting for their own bite and rather than forcing the opposite of that, we should embrace it and make it not such a grind to find a weapon/ammo, and instead allow people to get back into the action sooner than later.

Military should create the initial chain of events to help the citizens escape, then it should be left up to story progression throughout each of the following maps and allow player agency to determine where to travel next.

Think L4D2 but with roleplay and a mix of fast and slow zombies.

Nebulae
sorry pal, my idea is better.

haha okay my guy

The West is best as it's the best way to excuse the abundance of fire-arms and ammunition. I won't rule travelling to Canada/Mexico out of the question, but doing zombie apocalypses in Europe/Middle East/Asia is a mistake. Perhaps Russia would be a decent place, but it has a very homogeneous culture and that doesn't give room for the melting pot of cultures, ethnicity and ideology as America does.

I don't know why we would try to go back to the TLOU/28DaysLater/QZRP mentality of creating safe-spaces with military guard whitelists, it's just a bad idea and ends up not working. People don't WANT to sit in a safezone, even if it is safe. They'd rather play HL2RP. You cannot force these things to happen or else the player-base your targeting will reject them because everyone generally wants to be out in the boonies, fighting for their own bite and rather than forcing the opposite of that, we should embrace it and make it not such a grind to find a weapon/ammo, and instead allow people to get back into the action sooner than later.

Military should create the initial chain of events to help the citizens escape, then it should be left up to story progression throughout each of the following maps and allow player agency to determine where to travel next.

Think L4D2 but with roleplay and a mix of fast and slow zombies.

are you trying to imply that none of what you mention here can't be worked into events, I've already done away with the idea of a blockaded city area and already mentioned escaping the blockade and robbing corpses to get guns anyway.

There are actually a lot more guns in the UK than you'd think, most police stations likely have them present, there are illegal firearms and the queensguard use L85A2s frequently loaded with live ammunition.

Guns being frequent would just recreate FTRP mixed with HL2's buttfucked economy and I don't want that to happen, there will be armed people early on and there's a multitude of ways I want to go about this that have yet to be even loosely detailed. Before you swing your dick about beg you make sure to check the length cause it's not impressing anyone g.

Nebulae
Implying I already haven't.

Isn't that how you know you're an adult in south wales?

nah you know you're welsh adult when you're able to yell "DEWI U FAT CUNT" and at least twenty blokes in your local village turn round and come fight, you got to win, then the sheepshagging comes after.

Valtorix

Self-Identified S.T.A.L.K.E.R
Nebulae
It wouldn´t be dumb, only you concider the idea dumb and just like in HL2RP or WW3RP, some people like this, some that. Metro RP would allow people to either be a communist or a damn nazi while you still have more factions like Rangers, mutants etc.
[doublepost=1479570695][/doublepost]
Holy fucking shit

Not to go off topic too much, but I agree and i'd greatly enjoy metro rp. How is it different then HL2RP/WW3RP? Well for starters, bullets are currency, which means unless you're rich you're probably not as likely to go popping of rounds because bad guys. Secondly, there's no combine or Union, humanity is it's own enemy and the atmosphere in general if done right is absolutely terrifying. I participated in a NS Metro RP once, dark ones and mutants in the darkness where you're far away from anyone and have no idea where you are is legitimately terrifying; I love it.

On a related note to the topic (sorry) I really like this idea and I think it's definitely worth looking into, the films were amazing and I think the server would do really well.

D

Deleted member 243

should be a lot like ZombiU and Dead Island imo

firearms and ammo are scarce, yet melee is abundant.

Maybe code the melee weapons to inflict an instant kill when hitting a bellend's head at let's say 12 strength

@Powley remember when you wanted to have a London map for PZ?

REDACTED

Proton
Nebulae
guys why dont we just play project zomboid again
ah yes
5D3245FDBEE207C1AA667E621072961DD103F6C4

08BC86C4AB1F927CF8B8EEE2A04FE21CEB70812B

memories