28 Weeks Later RP

Sound Interesting?

• By Jimminy Cricket you've done it again you filthy race mixer (Si)

Votes: 73 65.2%
  • Old bean I must say, it's interesting but you're still a fucking minority (No)

Votes: 25 22.3%
  • HURR HURR I'M A MENTALLY AMBIGUOUS FUCKING FOOL PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM THE GENE POOL (Undecided)

Votes: 14 12.5%

• Total voters

bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae
Believe you, me. Most things are either set in America or mainland Europe.

I disagree. A lot of RP servers seem to be British ran or centered. I don't know why, and I would really like to. Almost every huge RP server is ran by British people. And, they usually make things their way even if the RP is set in America. An example of this is a GTA server that had the speed in KM/H, height in CM, and weight in KG. I don't blame them though, but it's just my observation.

Oswinner

Electron
Nebulae
I disagree. A lot of RP servers seem to be British ran or centered. I don't know why, and I would really like to. Almost every huge RP server is ran by British people. And, they usually make things their way even if the RP is set in America. An example of this is a GTA server that had the speed in KM/H, height in CM, and weight in KG. I don't blame them though, but it's just my observation.
It's just measurements, Americans do use the both systems. It's the same for us in the UK, some of your colloquial language like "Snook", "Jus'" and etc is used and have been used.

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
It's just measurements, Americans do use the both systems. It's the same for us in the UK, some of your colloquial language like "Snook", "Jus'" and etc is used and have been used.

I might be wrong, but I feel like what he's getting at is the discrepancies tend to spoil the immersion of the RP at hand. If the locale and theme is American, it helps to keep it consistently American. Same with Mainland Europe, the UK, or where ever. Consistency is key in story telling and immersion is key for good gameplay. If I was writing a story about a city in modern day US, it wouldn't make sense for me to use metric units when describing things unless it's a story revolving around working in a laboratory, it would totally ruin the immersion of the reader.

Reactions: List

Oswinner

Electron
Nebulae
I might be wrong, but I feel like what he's getting at is the discrepancies tend to spoil the immersion of the RP at hand. If the locale and theme is American, it helps to keep it consistently American. Same with Mainland Europe, the UK, or where ever. Consistency is key in story telling and immersion is key for good gameplay. If I was writing a story about a city in modern day US, it wouldn't make sense for me to use metric units when describing things unless it's a story revolving around working in a laboratory, it would totally ruin the immersion of the reader.
It's just what we're learned with, nothing we can really do about it. If the server is kept in the UK with a UK maintainence team. Expect the Anglican English and measurements to be used. It's the same situation for the US servers.

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
It's just what we're learned with, nothing we can really do about it. If the server is kept in the UK with a UK maintainence team. Expect the Anglican English and measurements to be used. It's the same situation for the US servers.

I'd expect consistency with the setting and theme, not personal preference based on the location of the server owner.

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

We use to rule the world until people wanted to be "independent"

JohnLugo

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
. Almost every
RP server is ran by British people.
huh

1459818661996.png

Last edited:
Nebulae
Cause no one will ever take the initiative to make a different thread unless it is necessary

best believe, i took the initiative to suggest it but we're kind of at peak shitposting potential so i guess it petered out and died

Mash

spare a crumble of coochie for me
Nebulae
best believe, i took the initiative to suggest it but we're kind of at peak shitposting potential so i guess it petered out and died
Well this does seem like a very good idea and I will be happy to help where I can

Rondal

And whole beasts of nations desire power
Nebulae
PvE never worked with ftrp, it wont work here. Both plots of both stories were intriguing and interesting however the hype wears off when infected start getting bored of either constant p2l or lack of any play at all. If Frundtech gave you the ability to have mutations for infected, then this certainly wont attract players to infected slots for long. Once the player-base side of the infected gives up, the NPC combat will be too easy to exploit, too hard or just plain never around, because they lag the server and staff cant be on the server all the time and there's nothing wrong with that.

The concept of PvE to adjust for a side of a server that doesn't exist (namely, PvP in high detail or focus) is dysfunctional and nobody will ever be at fault, it's too much workload to handle and garry's mod just isn't the right game for it.

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
The concept of PvE to adjust for a side of a server that doesn't exist (namely, PvP in high detail or focus) is dysfunctional and nobody will ever be at fault, it's too much workload to handle and garry's mod just isn't the right game for it.
Yet we have things like SSTRP which is succesful to this day, and that is all PvE?
PvE itself isn't the flaw that ruins something like FTRP or this. It's the players and staff's mindset and dedication.

Rondal

And whole beasts of nations desire power
Nebulae
Yet we have things like SSTRP which is succesful to this day, and that is all PvE?
PvE itself isn't the flaw that ruins something like FTRP or this. It's the players and staff's mindset and dedication.
SSTRP Is focused on PvE. If you take to blaming the staff like most people do, then go ahead and run a server where people have to spawn in things 24/7 to keep people happy.