28 Weeks Later RP

Sound Interesting?

• By Jimminy Cricket you've done it again you filthy race mixer (Si)

Votes: 73 65.2%
  • Old bean I must say, it's interesting but you're still a fucking minority (No)

Votes: 25 22.3%
  • HURR HURR I'M A MENTALLY AMBIGUOUS FUCKING FOOL PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM THE GENE POOL (Undecided)

Votes: 14 12.5%

• Total voters

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Nebulae
Nebulae
28_days_later_1024x576.jpg
The Sven life aint easy

But thanks for the meme my dude
3jAUGzu.jpg

Reactions: List

Oswinner

Electron
Nebulae
At least two fairly dedicated devs/mappers.

You said you needed a map based in the UK? (You may need a few map devs, I'm learning how to use hammer -- May be a long process but it will be worth it).

(Recommendations, not my maps)
gm_Shambles (Night): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=151544081&searchtext=Gm-Shambles
Features (Night Version):
-10 houses with interiors and gardens
-English architecture -based on my real street
-Fully noded environment
-Optimisation for intense gameplay
-Big build space
-Huge farmland
-Sewer system
-HDR lighting and seamless 3D skybox
-Custom sound for creep factor

Requirements:
None

gm_Shambles (Day): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=191110821&searchtext=Gm-Shambles
Features:
-New day lighting
-10 houses to explore
-English architecture
-Farmland
-Sewer system
-Massive skybox
-Fully noded environment
-Cube maps, HDR lighting
-Ambient sounds
-Balance of space, detail and atmosphere

Requirements:
None

Nebulae
You said you needed a map based in the UK? (You may need a few map devs, I'm learning how to use hammer -- May be a long process but it will be worth it).

(Recommendations, not my maps)
gm_Shambles (Night): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=151544081&searchtext=Gm-Shambles
Features (Night Version):
-10 houses with interiors and gardens
-English architecture -based on my real street
-Fully noded environment
-Big build space
-Huge farmland
-Sewer system
-HDR lighting and seamless 3D skybox
-Custom sound for creep factor

Requirements:
None

gm_Shambles (Day): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=191110821&searchtext=Gm-Shambles
Features:
-New day lighting
-10 houses to explore
-English architecture
-Farmland
-Sewer system
-Massive skybox
-Fully noded environment
-Cube maps, HDR lighting
-Ambient sounds
-Balance of space, detail and atmosphere

Requirements:
None

only problem is, I know shambles and it's more based off a US town than one in the UK, a lot of our buildings are much more rustic in nature, so I'd rather use the ones from NMRIH which are actually based in the UK, as well as some KF1 maps.

Oswinner

Electron
Nebulae
only problem is, I know shambles and it's more based off a US town than one in the UK, a lot of our buildings are much more rustic in nature, so I'd rather use the ones from NMRIH which are actually based in the UK, as well as some KF1 maps.
Ok, I'm gonna do some stuff with hammer and try to replicate some of the stuff based in the UK. It's gonna be a bit long as i'm a novice at hammer but, i'm still learning more about it. I'll give you some pics with detail as best as I can when this becomes the "stuff".

JohnLugo

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
we could use some of the necro maps tbh familia

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
does it necessarily have to be contained to 28 weeks later? could it just be expanded to include post-28 weeks later? At least if you do that you won't have to be so picky about the maps and the general architecture. i suppose you could expand to include other parts of europe as that's confirmed to have infection at the end of 28 weeks.

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
The black SLR varient, SA-80 and Sterling SMG would fit....But the British models and gear are too out of date, as those are gear which was around in the late 50's to around mid 70's.
True but there's no MTP models on the workshop I know of so
Meh
And anyway like @Evil said, they aren't rigged so I doubt we'd use them.

does it necessarily have to be contained to 28 weeks later? could it just be expanded to include post-28 weeks later? At least if you do that you won't have to be so picky about the maps and the general architecture. i suppose you could expand to include other parts of europe as that's confirmed to have infection at the end of 28 weeks.
True but it's better to have it in England imo since the movies are set in England mostly
It would be a bit weird if we suddenly moved to France or something especially since everyone's used to the thought "ah yes 28 somethings later that's London isn't it"
But still that's just my opinion

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
True but there's no MTP models on the workshop I know of so
Meh
And anyway like @Evil said, they aren't rigged so I doubt we'd use them.

True but it's better to have it in England imo since the movies are set in England mostly
It would be a bit weird if we suddenly moved to France or something especially since everyone's used to the thought "ah yes 28 somethings later that's London isn't it"
But still that's just my opinion

It just gives us more options in regards to location and expanding the lore that we have available to us. It doesn't HAVE to be strictly in England when existing canon has confirmed infection in Europe. If we confine ourselves to one period of time through the canon we're just going to suffocate ourselves.

We have people here who are excellent at lore development and I'm sure should we go the route of using a map based on mainland Europe they can make it work easily. Or we could have it start in an England-themed map and transition to a European one as England does eventually die out in 28 days and faces a straight up purge in 28 weeks even after repopulation.

D

Deleted member 243

How about

hold onto your seats

the industrialization period in the UK?

pretty neat time setting tbh, a lot of jobs

i mean, materials were even worth a lot at that time

Oswinner

Electron
Nebulae
I don't know what's going to happen with this. Is this thread dead and forgotten about?

Oswinner

Electron
Nebulae
It just gives us more options in regards to location and expanding the lore that we have available to us. It doesn't HAVE to be strictly in England when existing canon has confirmed infection in Europe. If we confine ourselves to one period of time through the canon we're just going to suffocate ourselves.

We have people here who are excellent at lore development and I'm sure should we go the route of using a map based on mainland Europe they can make it work easily. Or we could have it start in an England-themed map and transition to a European one as England does eventually die out in 28 days and faces a straight up purge in 28 weeks even after repopulation.
We don't have to do it in England, we could do it in Wales.

Chromesthesia_

Hailing from the same town as Sophie Dee
Nebulae
Atleast it's something new. I haven't seen a game or RP server based in Wales. So why not? Especially the Denbighshire county in North Wales, lovely place.

south wales roleplay

get stabbed in famous places like swansea

llanelli's station road

burry port at night

get powerful weapon scripts like bottle

bb gun

stick

get involved in the meow meow trade