News After over a year of work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1435

Isn't it essentially the same thing though?
Like, with their direct link to Overwatch and all.

not really, since ai does lets them operate freely in large regard, ai is used for what ais are best (automation, repetitive tasks, micromanagement) and omso for human element (creative ways of solving things, intervening when human aspect needs to be understood better than the ai can, and such)
headcops are nazis?

fuck he knows

ota lead(s)
headcops
blackquill

It's supposed to be a small encampment of bureaucrats to supplement a human administration to overwatch AI, and its convenient for any OOC-based ic interventions into shit like blocking cab laws and such, which before was handled by stupid shit like an outright void or 'overwatch ai' getting mad and banning it lol.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
idfk why omso started like cockblockin cab on minor things and such
Mostly because as much as people hate to hear it when certain members of CAB decide to try and force shit onto other factions because "bro its IC" it makes the relationship a lot more strained. It hasn't happened recently but this was literally what caused 90% of the problems.

I mean people also ignore the fact some of the proposed changes were literally OOCly motivated by those people because when the laws were denied ICly they got taken to the suggestion board anyway, so.

Reactions: List

Raiden

cool cat
Premium Member
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Not what it was meant to be, sadly its what it ended up being since it made most sense IC, instead of "OvErWAtcH AI dEniEs tHiS lAw"

that was the whole reason lmfao, omso only exists to be essentially
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reich_Main_Security_Office

this, even stole it's name, idfk why omso started like cockblockin cab on minor things and such
Yeah then their reason has definitely been perverted off it's original meaning. My experience with OSMO has usually been "you cannot do this" or "I am going to do this and there is nothing to stop me"

effectively undermining the entire Domestic Defense department.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Yeah then their reason has definitely been perverted off it's original meaning.
No offence but they were doing exactly what was intended given you were one of the main people trying to push faction changes under the guise of it being IC, my man.

I saw what happened when I took over a faction that was built on a history of throwing their IC weight around at other factions because "IC is IC bro, adapt your faction" and it really soured the entire thing. Thankfully that has since been cut out almost entirely but trust me, eventually people get sick of being forced to make OOC changes to their factions because of IC circumstances without prior discussion.

You don't want to go down that route. People start to stop working with you.

SleepyMode

woah
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Yeah then their reason has definitely been perverted off it's original meaning. My experience with OSMO has usually been "you cannot do this" or "I am going to do this and there is nothing to stop me"

Their role is pretty much to set your limits as much as I understand.
Even though I still agree that they pushed too far with it.

D

Deleted member 1435

STOP

And yeah that's not what Main Security Office is meant to be, it was meant to be effectively headcop management of CPs but ICly, nothing really 'external' to CAB or military operations or whatever.
But i'll fix it.
[doublepost=1562193868][/doublepost]
Their role is pretty much to set your limits as much as I understand.
Even though I still agree that they pushed toi far though.

Unless youre proposing a law that seriously changes how Overwatch itself works, as in cops or ota, then no, omso shouldnt give a flying fuck

SleepyMode

woah
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Unless youre proposing a law that seriously changes how Overwatch itself works, as in cops or ota, the
Well that's sort of what I meant.

It started getting pushed too far when OMSO involved itself with things far outside of Overwatch and Overwatch forces.

Raiden

cool cat
Premium Member
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
No offence but they were doing exactly what was intended given you were one of the main people trying to push faction changes under the guise of it being IC, my man.
Uh, no? Like what? I always consulted with faction leaders before attempting to make changes, if anything. I didn't really achieve much when I was Minster of DD anyways.

I saw what happened when I took over a faction that was built on a history of throwing their IC weight around at other factions because "IC is IC bro, adapt your faction" and it really soured the entire thing. Thankfully that has since been cut out almost entirely but trust me, eventually people get sick of being forced to make OOC changes to their factions because of IC circumstances without prior discussion.
I totally understand that but the way to combat that isn't using self-insert characters, it's by making OOC restrictions on CAB legislation clear, which I think it already is.

And yeah that's not what Main Security Office is meant to be, it was meant to be effectively headcop management of CPs but ICly, nothing really 'external' to CAB or military operations or whatever.
But i'll fix it.
I look forward to it.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Uh, no? Like what? I always consulted with faction leaders before attempting to make changes, if anything. I didn't really achieve much when I was Minster of DD anyways.
I could be confusing you for someone else and I apologise, but I distinctly remember a forum triade when people didn't want their OOC authority over their faction undermined over an IC bill someone tried to sneak it through anyway. This also happened with the CMU.

I totally understand that but the way to combat that isn't using self-insert characters, it's by making OOC restrictions on CAB legislation clear, which I think it already is.
I wouldn't say calling them self-inserts is fair when they got added literally on the feedback that people didn't like strictly OOC boundaries and didn't like the justification of the AI itself refusing alteration.

D

Deleted member 1435

I look forward to it.

If any of you seen Chernobyl, OMSO vibes are meant to be that of the Central Comittee, but for Military/Security/Police topics only.

1:04:07
That kinda thing too, SS offices and such. Bureaucracy.

I could be confusing you for someone else and I apologise, but I distinctly remember a forum triade when people didn't want their OOC authority over their faction undermined over an IC bill someone tried to sneak it through anyway. This also happened with the CMU.

I wouldn't say calling them self-inserts is fair when they got added literally on the feedback that people didn't like strictly OOC boundaries and didn't like the justification of the AI itself refusing alteration.

Essentially a bunch of humans in an entity like an office denying the law, related heavily to overwatch with authority made a lot more sense. The side effect is everyone fucking hates their guts OOCly, but that's the price to pay.

Erkor

Narrative/Lore Management
Nebulae
omso should congregate every now and again and discuss IC military matters thatd be kinda cool and wholesome

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Essentially a bunch of humans in an entity like an office denying the law, related heavily to overwatch with authority made a lot more sense. The side effect is everyone fucking hates their guts OOCly, but that's the price to pay.
Yeah basically.

I fully respect why people don't like CAB being hampered but I have full faith in both the CAB leads and current HC's regarding their inter-faction stuff. At the end of the day if you start making people work around you via more OOC work because "Its IC, do it", you'll end up with people refusing to work with you even if you try and that genuinely isn't fun.

It took me literally three months to even begin to repair the bridges people had burned between CAB and other factions because of the total disregard for the OOC work in enforcing some of the alterations the faction pushed. I just don't want to see that happen to CAB as-is, given it is such a wonderful faction headed by great leads and has a load of great players in it.

Anyway sorry for turning this into a big debate, just wanted to drop my thoughts in.

Raiden

cool cat
Premium Member
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Few bills I can remember that whilst I had no part in creating I can understand why they were taken. I.e. CNS' torture bill.

I personally would prefer just making some clear boundaries but at the same time allowing and encouraging creativity with CAB bills. For me, it's incredibly frustrating wanting to do something IC and then some random person comes out of nowhere and makes some strange justification on why you cannot do it ICly but in reality it's an OOC decision. Better not to beat around the bush.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae

Everyone hated their guts oocly because the reasons for their decisions boiled down to "i don't like it" - which surprise surprise, mirrored the actual people playing them. You couldn't even debate the topic because it turned into stonewalled arguments that even when disproven, got tossed aside with "I AM OMSO I SAY THE LAW YOU ARE JUST PAWNS CONVERSATION OVER".

Would you appreciate someone who performed the equivalent of walking into a party and burning the house down over a noise complaint?

Status
Not open for further replies.