Alex on HL2 i17 & outlands

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
To be honest with some improvements, like a better sewer system would be amazing if we could actually do that.

Although I remember some people mentioning how the map's already pushing the limits as is with the Outlands.

At this point I don't care for the Outlands, to be real. I don't like the Outlands area, I'd rather we had a beach or a more complex sewer system like we did. I do not expect a second server for Outlands, either.

It might seem odd seeing me say this, but Outlands feels NOTHING like Half-Life 2. I'd rather have it removed. It has gotten some resemblance, but I do not think it fits the HL2RP setting. There's a lot of flaws such as OTA not being able to sweep frequently, it being a save haven and what not. I don't want to sound elitist, even though I will sound elitist, but I believe any danger we previously had was lost. There's an overflow of blacksuits and people like crafters and BMDs rarely get any work. People get SPAS-12s within a month or so of farming tokens and nobody dies.

I miss the danger of I17. If somebody's going to use the argument of: "but yeah you had a secret base you fucking cunt", no I didn't. For the longest time nobody noticed my character and I MISS being in danger. Being in danger is part of the fun. Knowing you might get gatted at ANY second in the sewers whilst running about was fun. Dangerous if fun. Makes you think.

Overall I think that if there was a way to do that, I'd be strongly supporting it.
If edits were to be made, OL would be the thing going and the brushes re purposed.

Reactions: List

Deleted member 374

jesus christ denton
Nebulae
man i wanna see more rooftops and basements and alleyways. shit like that, y'know? broken walls, vents, climbable storm pipes. more intricacy. more verticality. make the place feel like a city.

Raijiin

Electron
Nebulae
I dont want d4 to be underground, i want it to be both surface and underground, so it does not become safe

Rengar

Atom
Nebulae
To be honest with some improvements, like a better sewer system would be amazing if we could actually do that.

Although I remember some people mentioning how the map's already pushing the limits as is with the Outlands.

At this point I don't care for the Outlands, to be real. I don't like the Outlands area, I'd rather we had a beach or a more complex sewer system like we did. I do not expect a second server for Outlands, either.

It might seem odd seeing me say this, but Outlands feels NOTHING like Half-Life 2. I'd rather have it removed. It has gotten some resemblance, but I do not think it fits the HL2RP setting. There's a lot of flaws such as OTA not being able to sweep frequently, it being a save haven and what not. I don't want to sound elitist, even though I will sound elitist, but I believe any danger we previously had was lost. There's an overflow of blacksuits and people like crafters and BMDs rarely get any work. People get SPAS-12s within a month or so of farming tokens and nobody dies.

I miss the danger of I17. If somebody's going to use the argument of: "but yeah you had a secret base you fucking cunt", no I didn't. For the longest time nobody noticed my character and I MISS being in danger. Being in danger is part of the fun. Knowing you might get gatted at ANY second in the sewers whilst running about was fun. Dangerous if fun. Makes you think.

Overall I think that if there was a way to do that, I'd be strongly supporting it.
yeah, I agree with all and I can prove it, I got spas 12 and a reinforce blacksuit within a month but I was never a ration farmer. I find rebel rp boring because I don't feel any kind of danger, I used to main surface rebelling because it was dangerous and it was fun, I remember when cps swept like everyday I would just run like hell while shooting back, it was really fun.

*honk honk*

transcended p doggo
Nebulae
yeah, I agree with all and I can prove it, I got spas 12 and a reinforce blacksuit withing a month but I was never a ration farmer. I find rebel rp boring because I don't feel any kind of danger, I used to main surface rebelling because it was dangerous and it was fun, I remember when cps swept like everyday I would just run like hell while shooting back, it was really fun. I didn't really care because scripts were cheap and I could buy a greensuit and an mp7 within a day anyways.
Yes, I think that's what people miss from I17.

We don't want the map back, we just want the setting it was in back. The danger was the fun part of I17. Running away from cops, the adrenaline.

I remember walking past one morning idly in the sewers and @Eridian absolutely melting my suit down, my hands were shaking. I loved that feeling. It was great to feel the adrenaline rush knowing you can lose your character in an instant. Felt like you were accomplishing something by having your character live for months. Now that has lost any value imho.

D

Deleted member 243

if y'all make a new map from scratch i'm up for making sketches.

i have some great ideas. a city in paris, with catacombes as D4 and paris sewers would be dope
[doublepost=1483906195][/doublepost]
images

small pic but you'll get what i mean

you can get lost during a sweep, or during a daily routine of trying to find people to sell your stuff

Rengar

Atom
Nebulae
Yes, I think that's what people miss from I17.

We don't want the map back, we just want the setting it was in back. The danger was the fun part of I17. Running away from cops, the adrenaline.

I remember walking past one morning idly in the sewers and @Eridian absolutely melting my suit down, my hands were shaking. I loved that feeling. It was great to feel the adrenaline rush knowing you can lose your character in an instant. Felt like you were accomplishing something by having your character live for months. Now that has lost any value imho.
well yeah but I wouldn't really do surface rebelling anymore because guns and suits are very expensive, I would be scared instead to be honest. Getting more danger, lowering the prices and giving people a chance of survival in d4 would be nice.

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
i just want a big city

no slums, no d4s, just a cramped city with combine stuff. all these hl2rp maps feel like villages.

Mennui

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Honestly I don't like the CITY 8 Theme at all, It's more of a deus ex, blue neon lights and such which doesn't fit the theme of HL2 at all. It just gives me a headache to see the constant blue in the city.

Raijiin

Electron
Nebulae
[QUOTE="Evil, post: 237186]We can also always develop the map further unlike i17 which will be the same boring map unless fundemental changes are made to performance, looks and the map in general
hi[/QUOTE]

We can always stick to what worked for many years, albeit its faults, its a good map.
Everyone is acting like i17 is a real shit map, but if it wasnt for it, hl2rp wouldnt be a thing

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
yknow I am open to letting other people work on it with me

I've said time and time again that atle far outclasses me in terms of visual design, having his aesthetics and my optimization would be fucking beautiful