Alex on HL2 i17 & outlands

Raijiin

Electron
Nebulae
Everyone wants i17 cause it's nostalgic and they feel like they had a better time

plot twist: times change - including roleplay

It won't work on i17 anymore, accept that, I mean I'll ACCEPT THE DUMB RATINGS, but I'm spitting the truth kids.

You'll be tired of C8 but you'll be sick of i17 sooner.

You say this, but you're not providing any real arguments.
Time changes, but we've been in i17 for so long, sure, things have chamged for better or for worst but C08 isnt a massive change.

Change comes from the playerbase mentality, not from a map

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Time changes, but we've been in i17 for so long, sure, things have chamged for better or for worst but C08 isnt a massive change.

real arguments.

its funny you mention this, cause no real arguement has stated as to why we change back, it's always reffering back to "were tired here! give us what we want!"

truth be told is you guys dont know what you want

Seriously, why do YOU want to switch back map?

Reactions: List

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

Give me any arguments for as to why changing to i17 is a good idea before you start asking for counter arguments

Rengar

Atom
Nebulae
Not necessarily

More rebels die on i17 than c8 from cops, taking stuff out of the economy and creating demand for new gear from new rebels.
which would make the rebel economy better and rebels would actually start dying. Since my rebel kaba died, I made a new character and I'm having trouble to find any kind of rp in the city, it's really empty... the city and d4, I rarely see people. Changing back to i17 would allow scanners to explore the d4, causing more sweeps to happen. Rebels would actually start dying, making the rebel economy better and of course improving the citizen rp because there would be actual citizens. cps would enjoy i17, it would improve rebel rp and actually revive citizen rp and surface rebelrp. there are the pros in my opinion.

Bork

Roleplay Punisher
Nebulae
Not necessarily

More rebels die on i17 than c8 from cops, taking stuff out of the economy and creating demand for new gear from new rebels.
you're right, the economy, especially amongst rebels, will destroy itself on the current map due to the lack of deaths and danger. C8 is a safehaven for rebels, its even worse than outlands.

but... thats not a good argument to go back to c17 either, that's just getting rid of the pk auths, give CPs more freedom like it had in c17 and jug-7 era and getting more active CPs to hunt and track down rebels.

honestly though, i dont think a map change is needed, all is need is a few reforms here and there and change the aspect of the server in a few ways to make it more dangerous and darker, rather than the current light version of the hl2 universe we're living in right now.... and kill off some important people here and there

edit: i dont actually like the current map, c17 might not be a better choice either, but its better than c8 but thats just my opinion

:grinning:

Last edited:

Raijiin

Electron
Nebulae
its funny you mention this, cause no real arguement has stated as to why we change back, it's always reffering back to "were tired here! give us what we want!"

truth be told is you guys dont know what you want

Seriously, why do YOU want to switch back map?

Give me any arguments for as to why changing to i17 is a good idea before you start asking for counter arguments

I'm on my phone so i cant type alot, so here it goes !

I personally dont enjoy C08 because it felt so linear, the city is a streamlined street with a few alleys that circle around, whats supposed to be a city, feels like a compressed neighborhood that just circles around.
D4 has been talked about to death, and several other points were already made either in This or the other thread.

Personally, i just liked i17 more, it felt great, and had amazing time rebel rp'ing there, and had several memorable moments there.
In this map, not so much.

Also, what happened to that other C08 map we played on before this one?

Whilt

Woh
Nebulae
I'm on my phone so i cant type alot, so here it goes !

I personally dont enjoy C08 because it felt so linear, the city is a streamlined street with a few alleys that circle around, whats supposed to be a city, feels like a compressed neighborhood that just circles around.
D4 has been talked about to death, and several other points were already made either in This or the other thread.

Personally, i just liked i17 more, it felt great, and had amazing time rebel rp'ing there, and had several memorable moments there.
In this map, not so much.

Also, what happened to that other C08 map we played on before this one?
You mean the weird Italian one?
I'd rather not seeing as I amputated 10/15 people a day for running around in the water. That and it was so crampt and was so bright it took away from the dark theme.

Rengar

Atom
Nebulae
bringing back i17
>surface rebellion comes back
>more sweeps will occur resulting in rebel economy improving
>fixing the scanner activity, they can't do anything in c08 but then can always explore the area in i17 (d4)
> it will give cps more stuff to do.
> it will actually cause some threat... we really lack that

short version

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
bringing back i17
>fixing the scanner activity, they can't do anything in c08 but then can always explore the area in i17 (d4)

short version

Likely fix the Cp activity too.

Rengar

Atom
Nebulae
Likely fix the Cp activity too.
"> it will give cps more stuff to do. "

that's what I meant by that, simply I meant it'd make cp faction more enjoyable which would result in cps actually playing on their cp.

Mennui

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Honestly, Both maps are great. Don't get me wrong on it. If city 8 wasn't as repetitive as it currently is. It's an awkwardly designed map in the city area but the outlands in the other hand is quite good, offering a fresh breath and atmosphere people like.

Here's the negatives I've had with the current map.

City area is very limited and small. It feels like a single small area than multiple districts.
Three apartment blocks which don't get used as often since they're super small and offer no way to escape from a apartment inspection.

District four doesn't feel like 'District four' as it's underground. It feels like the sewer system from i17. Which is extremely close to a union controlled area.

The first few weeks / days in the map felt great and it felt great but the longer you began to play on the map the flaws of the map became very visible, the feeling of emptiness. It didn't feel like a real city and it was quite artificial which was off putting. The neon blue lights didn't fit the half life 2 theme at all which is quite confusing as this was a half life 2 server.

Industrial 17 in the other hand offered a better feel in my opinion. It might just be me but it had the HL2 Vibe to it. From the apartment buildings which were very similar in the original game as well as that, the content used from the beta maps as well brought the feeling of it being 'Industrial' and actually fit the theme of the original game. - Theme and other things aside.

There was a wide range of areas you could go to unlike the current map we have. There's no catwalks. No railings, No roofs on the apartments which lead to the catwalks. No Stores or bars and no ambient noises. People might feel that there's too many secret bases and the 'Normal' player base won't have access to them which will lead many resistance members to die. Which is true if we don't change anything on how we operate. There should only be bases given to the main groups - One base per group. Then rest of them are through applications on the private conversations with the server director and the SA's who give character authorisation

District four should be a dangerous place which it currently really isn't. You didn't see black suits just wounder around the district four except for the basement. But that was a rare sight as they would stick in the ally way to the sewer to avoid detection by the union forces. Which brings up another issue we currently have. There's no scanners that can monitor the district four area. In i17 scanners could enter district four to search for any anti-civil activity.

I'd be completely fine with the Industrial 17 brought back as it was a good map in my point of view. I don't really care about outlands as I used to play Lemonpunch on my rebel without even going to outlands and I had decent gear on me. Outlands felt quite boring to me as it was just the same as it was in the basement of district four. People making stalls and trying to sell their resistance gear to others without the risk of being shot at by the Union.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I personally
Personally
This is the problem, those are your personal opinions, not actual arguments saying why it is a good idea
We already have it in what is considered surface in D4
HCs can change this right now if they want to, don't see the map making a difference outside of letting them kill more people
Again, scanner activity is something HCs can fix/improve incentive to flag on
Ah yes, because a change in scenery makes a big difference when you still just walk in circles outside of the occasional sweep
Threat is there, just not the way you remember it

Would rather use C08 seeing as the map isn't so lifeless and bland to look at. We can also always develop the map further unlike i17 which will be the same boring map unless fundemental changes are made to performance, looks and the map in general