Anime Megathread

Mad-Magyar

Proton
Nebulae
Best comedy show of 2017 was Konosuba, had a great time with that.

Latest thing I watched was a 90s anime called Gunsmith Cats with my girlfriend. Definitely the most enjoyable thing I've watched in awhile. Its only three episodes so if you haven't seen it yet, I suggest you check it out.

Reactions: List

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
YWsaSFV.png

@char

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
ngl all I saw was Rick and Morty and I thought you were gonna say that Rick and Morty was your favorite anime and I had the entire "Actually you need an extremely high IQ to understand Rick and Morty" copypasta at the ready.

Answer to that is always the same.

Overused memes are not funny memes

and

You don't know what is "difficulty to understand" until you watch Evangelion or Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu.

Honestly, R&M jokes are not even "average" to understand.

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
Watched, pretty sad, but not even close as sad as Anohana or Your Lie in April

Those two destroy your soul
If you think that's bad.

Watch "Clannad" and "Clannad Afterstory". The first season (Clannad) is fairly tame and 'A bit everywhere' to be honest, as they attempted to turn an entire visual novel into an anime, and it's alright. But then they decided in afterstory to focus on one girl and my god, once you actually get past the slow start, ever 1-2 episodes you are just crying.

Also Clannad has an amazing soundtrack.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
If you think that's bad.

Watch "Clannad" and "Clannad Afterstory". The first season (Clannad) is fairly tame and 'A bit everywhere' to be honest, as they attempted to turn an entire visual novel into an anime, and it's alright. But then they decided in afterstory to focus on one girl and my god, once you actually get past the slow start, ever 1-2 episodes you are just crying.

Also Clannad has an amazing soundtrack.

Heard about it, it's in my waitlist. Each of them have a different kind of sad situation and such, I guess. Although imo YLiA's soundtrack is the best of these three animes. The work they did with the colour palettes, the music (be it soundtrack or actual classical music tracks), and the overall art of the animation is absolutely stunning, even if the story can be a bit cliché.

I was about to start watching Clannad a couple days ago, but having watched a really sad anime right before it wasn't a good idea to keep on that line - I chose a few happy ones to bring up the mood before I depressed myself again xd

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
Heard about it, it's in my waitlist. Each of them have a different kind of sad situation and such, I guess. Although imo YLiA's soundtrack is the best of these three animes. The work they did with the colour palettes, the music (be it soundtrack or actual classical music tracks), and the overall art of the animation is absolutely stunning, even if the story can be a bit cliché.

I was about to start watching Clannad a couple days ago, but having watched a really sad anime right before it wasn't a good idea to keep on that line - I chose a few happy ones to bring up the mood before I depressed myself again xd
I do that from time to time as well, watch a sad/deep story driven show, then watch a few light hearted shows, then rinse and repeat.

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
Also watch Shuffle! too.

Great anime if dated, the vn was really solid and the anime still stands up from what I remember.

Really just most shows based on vn's do really well, aim for 2002-2007 for the golden age of them being turned into anime, shuffle, air, bible black etc.

keiiou

I asked to be banned
B A N N E D
Nebulae
The only anime I've ever watched and actually enjoyed was Steamboy, still a very good movie despite it's age.

Star Lord

Proton
Nebulae
Watch To Love る (ru) if you like comedy and ecchi gentres.
Its these two mixed up in a masterpiece and I've had a lot of fun with it.
It also has lots of seasons meaning there's plenty of fun to watch