Anime Megathread

mårten

Atom
Nebulae
Ye but not yet, as in, not this Spring season

Oregairu is getting a 3rd, Cells at Work is getting a second, SAO: Alicization is getting a second too... Lots of good shit man.
niceu

overki11

Electron
Nebulae
sup losers, i dont post shit a lot but in the last 3 weeks ive finished Serial Experiments Lain, Kill La Kill, Panty & Stocking w/ Garterbelt, and am in the middle of Little Witch Academia and Saga of Tanya the Evil.

holy shit
they're all good
- some of the best visual storytelling and philosophical topic exploration in SE:L, but I suppose that was the whole point. 9.5/10.

- Kill La Kill easily best character design, extremely vibrant and interesting story that ties it all together with the extremely fast story pacing that gives it such a unique feel. only complaint i have is that there really were no flaws in the main cast of characters, and whenever they tried to explore any of what they considered 'character flaws' it fell flat, however other than that there really isn't anything to complain about. 8.5 - 9/10.

- PASWG funniest shit I've seen in a long ass time. hardest i've laughed in a long time. ending made me want to fucking kill myself and especially because it probably won't ever be continued after that bullshit, although I suppose the ending was supposed to be a funny gag in itself. 8/10.

- So far, LWA is just fun light entertainment. makes me feel like a bab again. 7-8/10 so far, but grain of salt cuz i haven't finished yadyadada. great opening for the first season, made me feel like a schoolgirl anime witch.

- Saga is interesting story so far, however the main value I've gotten out of watching (again, still haven't finished, grain of salt and all that bullshit) is the interesting exploration of early 20th-century war aesthetic as well as the absurdity of the setting itself. also the german cover of Los! Los! Los! on youtube is fucking fire so it has that going for it. 7.5-8.5/10 so far.

thoughts?

ButtonLip

I really was wilbur whateley the whole time
Nebulae
sup losers, i dont post shit a lot but in the last 3 weeks ive finished Serial Experiments Lain, Kill La Kill, Panty & Stocking w/ Garterbelt, and am in the middle of Little Witch Academia and Saga of Tanya the Evil.

holy shit
they're all good
- some of the best visual storytelling and philosophical topic exploration in SE:L, but I suppose that was the whole point. 9.5/10.

- Kill La Kill easily best character design, extremely vibrant and interesting story that ties it all together with the extremely fast story pacing that gives it such a unique feel. only complaint i have is that there really were no flaws in the main cast of characters, and whenever they tried to explore any of what they considered 'character flaws' it fell flat, however other than that there really isn't anything to complain about. 8.5 - 9/10.

- PASWG funniest shit I've seen in a long ass time. hardest i've laughed in a long time. ending made me want to fucking kill myself and especially because it probably won't ever be continued after that bullshit, although I suppose the ending was supposed to be a funny gag in itself. 8/10.

- So far, LWA is just fun light entertainment. makes me feel like a bab again. 7-8/10 so far, but grain of salt cuz i haven't finished yadyadada. great opening for the first season, made me feel like a schoolgirl anime witch.

- Saga is interesting story so far, however the main value I've gotten out of watching (again, still haven't finished, grain of salt and all that bullshit) is the interesting exploration of early 20th-century war aesthetic as well as the absurdity of the setting itself. also the german cover of Los! Los! Los! on youtube is fucking fire so it has that going for it. 7.5-8.5/10 so far.

thoughts?

Of that list, I've only seen Kill la Kill, which I've always really liked. I was recommended paswg by a friend, but the animation style was a little bit too dissuasive for me to pick up immediately; I just threw it in my backlog for later. Serial Experiments Lain is living on my hard drive right now, unseen so far. The rest I can't really comment on too much; I've heard of LWA, but know super little about it. I don't know anything about Saga.

If you haven't seen it, I recommend Psycho Pass to pretty much anybody. After a recent rewatch, it's seated itself comfortably in my favorite animated series so far. It has the best villain (antihero?) I've found in pretty much any media so far, good world-building, and the dubbed version is pretty stellar. There are a few little animation and character design choices I'm don't like so much, and a very particular few lines of dialogue come across as clunky and strange, but I still consider it some of the best the medium has to offer.

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
Chihiro no Kamikakushi
Hauru no Ugoku Shiro
Mononoke-hime
Tenkū no Shiro Rapyuta
Neko no Ongaeshi

all great animes to watch from our lord and saviour Hayao Miyazaki

if you havent, i highly advise you watch them. Great memories from when animes had a more symplistic style of drawing

Reactions: List

mårten

Atom
Nebulae
Worst animation in an anime? Guys bring out your submissions

Looks like shit because i just screencapped it with gyazo gif

and that's not even the worst part

They took a fucking image of the dog and resized it in paint or something (I don't think they'd bother getting photoshop as that's a bit too expensive for their tastes)
Honestly I just want it to end but I'm 75 episodes in and it's too late to drop it at this point

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
Fruits Basket (2019) - good series, a remaster of it, it's broadly recommended
Isekai Quartet
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Fairy Gone
Nobunaga-sensei
Midara na Ao-chan

Some of these shows I have already dropped due to being low quality or absolute trash

I'll let you guys guess which ones I dropped, however it's not like it isn't fucking obvious which ones are the dropped, trash ones.

In exchange I've taken others.

mårten

Atom
Nebulae
Some of these shows I have already dropped due to being low quality or absolute trash

I'll let you guys guess which ones I dropped, however it's not like it isn't fucking obvious which ones are the dropped, trash ones.

In exchange I've taken others.
which ones did you drop
is fruits basket good

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
If this op doesn't make you happy or smile. You're the protagonist of Dark Souls.
Can I be a house of Lord member that sounds like they come from a Dark souls game? Like The Baroness Bakewell of Hardington Mandeville or The Lord Boswell of Aynho, perhaps even The Lord Brown of Eaton-under-Heywood. Maybe even Viscount Brookeborough

Slashraider

Neutrino
Nebulae
Fuck yeah I just found this thread.

I just recently finished the 3rd season of My Hero Academia after ignoring multiple people saying its pretty good. Not gonna lie that shit was damn better pretty good. Super excited for the 4th season!

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
latest ive watched is Chernobyl on HBO
pacing is a little too slow for me but otherwise I think its a solid series
the blonde girl is fuckin annoying though

Slashraider

Neutrino
Nebulae
Has anyone seen No Game No Life? I haven't seen it in many years but I remember enjoying it a lot of being super sad of how short it is.