Serious Are strays pests?

Are Stray Animals Pests?

• Total voters

Freelok

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
What is your guys' opinion on Stray Animals? Do you consider them as pests, or just nomadic animals? Personally, I dislike strays- I have a really big stray animal problem in my area, and it's not good. I've been chased by stray dogs, nearly scratched by a few stray cats, and even chased by a stray chicken (I'm not sure where it came from). The stray cats in my area also kill a fuckload of the natural baby animals- such as the baby birds, baby ducks, baby squirrels, etc. Whenever my father or I see a stray we shoot at it with a BB gun.

Anyways, what do you guys think of strays?

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
I mean

If people abandon pets they should be helped if possible imo.

Strays as in like proper wild ones can be problems though.

Reactions: List

Freelok

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I mean

If people abandon pets they should be helped if possible imo.

Strays as in like proper wild ones can be problems though.

I mean more the wild ones- I don't have that many problems with abandoned pets, but they can still be problematic too.

zoo

Electron
Nebulae
Agreed with your OP for the most part. Thankfully we don't have a stray issue where I am, but no matter where they are, people shouldn't have to fear being attacked for walking down a road. Maybe add a poll?

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Premium Member
Nebulae
Wild/ferals should be treated as pests (exceptions being foxes and stuff which generally get forced into city areas), but not necessarily killed.
But just abandoned pets shouldn't be put down.

abcdefg

Atom
Nebulae
yeah never really had an aggressive encounter with a stray animal ie getting attacked by a cat.
however when i first moved to wales over 10 years ago my mum, stepdad and bro lived with our stepgrandparents for a short while
i remember walking home from school with my bro and this cat was following us for a while. we noticed it and it followed us back to our house. we ended up keeping the cat. that cat died roughly a year and a half ago. RIP :(

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
Not at all, anyone who considers a stray animal to be a pest is a cunt.

It's not their fault they were bred as a pet and sold off to an owner who neglected them enough for them to end up astray; they should definitely be helped in some way or another, be it medical attention or re-homing or whatever they need.

In saying that; if, for example, a dog (stray or not) is capable of attacking unprovoked and displays irreversible aggression issues, making them unable to be re-homed then yes; euthanasia is probably best for it, as not only will it never find a new owner but more importantly it's likely been under considerable stress with long-lasting effects, which isn't fair on an animal at all.

Overall it's highly circumstantial; if the animal is healthy mentally and physically then of course it should be re-homed and euthanasia shouldn't even be remotely considered, however if it has irreversible physical and mental issues it would be simply cruel to keep it alive.

Benjideaula

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
SLIGHTLY based on a true story. (i didnt literally shoot any cats)

>Be me
>Taking trash outside
>Decide out of pure nostalgia to take a look at the old playhouse that I played in as a kid
>Wood's rotting, bolts rusted, plastic turning yellow, but still filled with that child-like wonder.
>waitonesecond.jpg
>notice something off.
>There's a stray cat squatting in the playhouse
>ABSOLUTELYVERBOTEN.gif
>literally tell the cat "If you're still here when I come back I'm going to shoot you."
>Head inside house, go upstairs to my bedroom
>Retrieve M1 Thompson airsoft gun.
>Go full tacticool mode, adopting a tactical stance as I approach the complex, literally moving like an OTA.
>Suspect sighted
>Flip safety off
>Release a burst of 6mm plastic projectiles at 200 FPS towards the furry trespasser.
>The thing bolts it into some tropical plants.
>iwojimaintensifies.gif
>Pursue the felis catus
>Feline enemy is hiding in the bushes
>SUPPRESSING FIRE!
>More BBs strike the cat. It finally flees the property altogether.
>Mission accomplished
>tfw people take greentexts seriously and smash that dumb rating because of muh animal abuse instead ot taking clearly exaggerated stories like this with a grain of salt

Last edited:

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Somewhat based on a true story.

>Be me
>Taking trash outside
>Decide out of pure nostalgia to take a look at the old playhouse that I played in as a kid
>Wood's rotting, bolts rusted, plastic turning yellow, but still filled with that child-like wonder.
>waitonesecond.jpg
>notice something off.
>ABSOLUTELYVERBOTEN.gif
>literally tell the cat "If you're still here when I come back I'm going to shoot you."
>Go full tacticool mode, adopting a tactical stance as I approach the complex, literally moving like an OTA.
>Suspect sighted
>Flip safety off
>Release a burst of 6mm plastic projectiles at 200 FPS towards the furry trespasser.
>iwojimaintensifies.gif
>Pursue the felis catus
>SUPPRESSING FIRE!
>Mission accomplished
So you abuse animals

You sick fuck

Benjideaula

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
So you abuse animals

You sick fuck
actually I gave it a verbal warning and it ran away without me having to shoot it, but I still would have pulled the trigger if it didnt, I just exaggerated it for the greentext.
Have a problem?
[doublepost=1527746710][/doublepost]Also, it's literally just airsoft, if anything it would have just stung the cat enough for it to know it's not welcome here.

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae

>Be me
>Taking trash outside
>waitonesecond.jpg
>notice something off.
>ABSOLUTELYVERBOTEN.gif
>Suspect sighted
>Flip safety off
>iwojimaintensifies.gif
>Pursue the felis catus
>SUPPRESSING FIRE!
>Mission accomplished
You're a fuckwit mate.

You wonder why people hate you, honest to fucking god.

Last edited:

axido

whatttttttt
Nebulae

>Be me
>Taking trash outside
>waitonesecond.jpg
>notice something off.
>ABSOLUTELYVERBOTEN.gif
>Suspect sighted
>Flip safety off
>iwojimaintensifies.gif
>Pursue the felis catus
>SUPPRESSING FIRE!
>Mission accomplished

were you bullied at school or at home or what is wrong with you

Benjideaula

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
were you bullied at school or at home or what is wrong with you
You're a fuckwit mate.

You wonder why people hate you, honest to fucking god.
My parents wanted the cat gone so I obliged. Plus we've have a bad history with cats. We've had to replace thousands of dollars worth of furniture and steam cleaning services because of cat urine and feces.

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
My parents wanted the cat gone so I obliged. Plus we've have a bad history with cats. We've had to replace thousands of dollars worth of furniture and steam cleaning services because of cat urine and feces.
That's no excuse to harm an animal.

If a stray animal is giving you trouble you call whatever animal services you guys have over there so they'll come and get it.

Also if you guys are having to pay thousands of dollars because of stray cats, you either don't do well to restrict access to your home or are dumb enough to put thousands of dollars worth of furniture outside.

Benjideaula

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
That's no excuse to harm an animal.

If a stray animal is giving you trouble you call whatever animal services you guys have over there so they'll come and get it.

Also if you guys are having to pay thousands of dollars because of stray cats, you either don't do well to restrict access to your home or are dumb enough to put thousands of dollars worth of furniture outside.
  1. I already stated that the greentext was exaggerated and I didn't actually shoot any cats, just scared them off.
  2. it wasnt a stray cat that destroyed the furniture, we were taking care of a friend's cat for a while.

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
I already stated that the greentext was exaggerated and I didn't actually shoot any cats, just scared them off.
You don't need to shoot BB's at a stray cat to scare it away.

it wasnt a stray cat that destroyed the furniture, we were taking care of a friend's cat for a while.
Then you were stupid to be taking care of the cat in the first place and that doesn't warrant a hatred toward stray cats.

Also what the fuck kind of furniture costs thousands of dollars to clean and who in their right mind looks after a cat with said furniture in the house?

You lot don't sound like the brightest bunch.

D

Deleted member 1048

SLIGHTLY based on a true story.

>Be me
>Taking trash outside
>waitonesecond.jpg
>notice something off.
>ABSOLUTELYVERBOTEN.gif
>Suspect sighted
>Flip safety off
>iwojimaintensifies.gif
>Pursue the felis catus
>SUPPRESSING FIRE!
>Mission accomplished
>tfw people take greentexts seriously and smash that dumb rating because of muh animal abuse instead ot taking clearly exaggerated stories like this with a grain of salt
You're a pest that's for sure.

Benjideaula

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
You don't need to shoot BB's at a stray cat to scare it away.
*breathes in*
BOI
I've repeated myself over and over again. I did not /shoot/ any cats. I literally yelled "Get out of here!" and it ran away. I /exaggerated/ the greentext because I thought it would have been a funny story and that people wouldn't make literal examples of poe's law and get offended.

Then you were stupid to be taking care of the cat in the first place and that doesn't warrant a hatred toward stray cats.
Because that was before we realized how destructive cat waste was, and we wanted to be nice people.

Also what the fuck kind of furniture costs thousands of dollars to clean and who in their right mind looks after a cat with said furniture in the house?
Furniture in the U.S is expensive my man, so are carpet cleanings.