Serious Are strays pests?

Are Stray Animals Pests?

• Total voters

Deadpool

A turtle made it to the water
Nebulae
i like cats(i own one) but stray cats just fucking multiply like rabbits and generally shit all over the place, and stray dogs that can just bite random people and generally be annoying as fuck by howling all night are also a problem. thats just my opinion

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
That's because many people on 4chan are above functional retards

tfw if benji posted that on 4chan even with the disclaimer he'd get assblasted even harder than on here

OT:

Let animal control take care of them and only put them down if they're really bad and unrecoverable physically/mentally and thus won't be able to be re-homed and live a new good life.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
tfw if benji posted that on 4chan even with the disclaimer he'd get assblasted even harder than on here

OT:

Let animal control take care of them and only put them down if they're really bad and unrecoverable physically/mentally and thus won't be able to be re-homed and live a new good life.
Wouldn't be surprised if he actively posts on R9K or pol unironically

Reactions: List

Deleted member 2925

pilotbland's best friend
HL2 RP Server Director
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
SLIGHTLY based on a true story.

>Be me
>Taking trash outside
>Decide out of pure nostalgia to take a look at the old playhouse that I played in as a kid
>Wood's rotting, bolts rusted, plastic turning yellow, but still filled with that child-like wonder.
>waitonesecond.jpg
>notice something off.
>There's a stray cat squatting in the playhouse
>ABSOLUTELYVERBOTEN.gif
>literally tell the cat "If you're still here when I come back I'm going to shoot you."
>Head inside house, go upstairs to my bedroom
>Retrieve M1 Thompson airsoft gun.
>Go full tacticool mode, adopting a tactical stance as I approach the complex, literally moving like an OTA.
>Suspect sighted
>Flip safety off
>Release a burst of 6mm plastic projectiles at 200 FPS towards the furry trespasser.
>The thing bolts it into some tropical plants.
>iwojimaintensifies.gif
>Pursue the felis catus
>Feline enemy is hiding in the bushes
>SUPPRESSING FIRE!
>More BBs strike the cat. It finally flees the property altogether.
>Mission accomplished
>tfw people take greentexts seriously and smash that dumb rating because of muh animal abuse instead ot taking clearly exaggerated stories like this with a grain of salt
I thought you quit. What happened to that.

Holymilk

Nucleus
Nebulae
I was walking my two poodles simultaneously, and coming towards the end of the block within an avenue stood a large tanned dog that mixed in with the frustration I had trying to control the two dogs. When I came back home I was left with sore arms after carrying both dogs at the same time to prevent them from antagonizing the big one.

Dogs I don't believe are pests, though regions can change the types of animals that can be considered as such. Cats are more pest-like where I live, they are commonly found sleeping under cars or dead on roads. Typically they are killed under cars when people leave to go to work early in the morning.

Freelok

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
To clarify, my father and I aren't shooting the strays for fun. We use some rather weak stuff, just a few airsoft pistols to scare them away. I own a decent sized piece of property for living in the city, and I have a cat-hoarder on my street. The cats will often fight, coating a lot of our shit with blood or their corpses. A lot of cats also shit and piss everywhere- we have had numerous decorations fucked up by cats. They've also harassed my turtles before, since they're outdoor at times when the year gets warmer. They're a pest around here because they don't have any fucking chill- they're dirty, fuck until they literally drop dead, fight humans and animals, and some even have rabies.

I'm not a sick fuck and I wouldn't shoot any animals for fun (asides from hunting but that's different). I don't think getting pests off of your property is a bad thing- we've done the same to squirrels and rats.

I'm also not saying @Benjideaula was in the right for what he said (it wasn't very funny), but it still was his property and if he wants to get unwanted guests off of it, be they humans or animals, he has every right to do. Now, if he shot at a cat with a fully automatic airsoft rifle then that's a different story entirely.

P.S.- I don't contact animal control because they've given up on our area and just don't show up anymore. I've also learned from my neighbor the stray cats are almost 400 fucking strong.

Last edited:

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
To clarify, my father and I aren't shooting the strays for fun. We use some rather weak stuff, just a few airsoft pistols to scare them away. I own a decent sized piece of property for living in the city, and I have a cat-hoarder on my street. The cats will often fight, coating a lot of our shit with blood or their corpses. A lot of cats also shit and piss everywhere- we've have numerous decorations fucked up by cats. They've also harassed my turtles before, since they're outdoor at times when the year gets warmer. They're a pest around here because they don't have any fucking chill- they're dirty, fuck until they literally drop dead, fight humans and animals, and some even have rabies.
Now see that I don't blame you for shooting at them for.

Whoever the owner is needs to have the cats taken off them and charged with neglect imho.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Stray dogs can be a danger and stray cats can become a problem but really that only happens if they're multi-generational or there's a major fucking population like in India and such.

There's a difference between shooting at an animal to scare them (but missing) and trying to hit them. There's sometimes genuine reasons to scare animals off your property but trying to kill them is fucked (except in self defence ofc).

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
i hate all animals in general unless they have been domesticated inside of a home (cats), or on a leash

i have been run upon and almost attacked SEVERAL times by UNLEASHED dogs by dog owners so many times that ive contemplated buying a tazer and tazing the dogs as a lessson to the dog owners to never leave them UNLEASHED

say what you will about strays, but at least you can expect them. dog owners? expect the unexpected

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
say what you will about strays, but at least you can expect them
Not true. You can never predict any animal; on leash or not.

Honestly; don't blame the animal for an incompetent owner. If an animal is capable of attacking a human, yes - measures should be taken to prevent it (be it mental help or outright euthanasia, depending on severity) however you shouldn't harm it to prove a point unless it's in self defense, because..more harm just increases the animal's nerves, thus increasing it's likelihood to act aggressively.

Whenever I see someone hit an animal because it did something aggressive, it's honestly like watching someone pour petrol on a burning fire to try and put it out. It's absolutely daft. Same goes for any form of physical discipline; whacking your dog on the nose lightly with a newspaper isn't so bad, but if done too frequently and/or too hard and you're literally just teaching it to act more aggressively, or simply act out of nerves. It's the most counter productive form of training anyone can use.

Benjideaula

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
lmao if you people gonna witchhunt me just for making a fictional greentext of me shooting a cat with an airsoft gun then I'd imagine you'd all rally and raise arms at the sight of this.

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
lmao if you people gonna witchhunt me just for making a fictional greentext of me shooting a cat with an airsoft gun then I'd imagine you'd all rally and raise arms at the sight of this.

give up

you're not impressing anyone

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
Not true. You can never predict any animal; on leash or not.

Honestly; don't blame the animal for an incompetent owner. If an animal is capable of attacking a human, yes - measures should be taken to prevent it (be it mental help or outright euthanasia, depending on severity) however you shouldn't harm it to prove a point unless it's in self defense, because..more harm just increases the animal's nerves, thus increasing it's likelihood to act aggressively.

Whenever I see someone hit an animal because it did something aggressive, it's honestly like watching someone pour petrol on a burning fire to try and put it out. It's absolutely daft. Same goes for any form of physical discipline; whacking your dog on the nose lightly with a newspaper isn't so bad, but if done too frequently and/or too hard and you're literally just teaching it to act more aggressively, or simply act out of nerves. It's the most counter productive form of training anyone can use.

if a animal is attacking me, i will fight back and none of this carebear shit will convince a dog to stop attacking you

sure its the fault of the owner, but does a dog care about that? no

thats my point, really; sure we can all be carebear about DOG LIVES MATTER, but if a dog attacks me, i don't give a fuck, im putting it down

Benjideaula

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
give up

you're not impressing anyone
and neither are you with your take everything literal without any grain of salt and act as if I'm the next hitler instead of saying "hey was that an actaul true story" like a normal person.

oh wait you're australian, you've been spoonfed sjw crap all your life and can't stand the thought of violence in even a fictional sense.

Khiel

Molecule
Nebulae

his voice sounds fucking greasy

why's his lips keep smacking

fat bastard