News Awakening - Coronation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
It literally did.

They stormed some beach on day 2 and I shot at them myself from the opposite beach.

Are you saying those people weren't units and were instead just civvies who happened to have found cop uniforms?
We both know they weren't really apart of the event other than just combat though

Like am I wrong?

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
It literally did.

They stormed some beach on day 2 and I shot at them myself from the opposite beach.

Are you saying those people weren't units and were instead just civvies who happened to have found cop uniforms?
east just take the L

cops didnt have a real role until the end and were forced to flag off unless asked to do something very specific for the sake of moving the event along

Reactions: List

Chopchop

Nucleus
Nebulae
I think people are looking at the awakening events wrong. Many people seem to think of them as 110ers in there own right whereas they're more chapters of a book, from my understanding.

Coronation isn't really a finale because it's just the end of a chapter. If you didn't have much to do in this chapter there will be stuff for you in the next. People forget that the last awakening event was hugely citizen/union faction oriented. This one was more slow paced with rebel action thrown in and the reveal of Breens replacement. You have to look at the story as ever developing over the course of these events. How has the device at the blacksite affected the events happening on earth? What're the effects of the new administrator going to be? What was he talking about when he was referencing political movements he didn't like? Awakening is a multichapter book, don't get caught up on not seeing your favourite character on one page.
[doublepost=1569795083][/doublepost]
Why do you have to come across as so aggressive all the time?

Last edited:

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I'mma just say I loved the end. I didn't get to see the prior days but the amount of character development I was able to do because of this is amazing.

World building is always something that should be adored because otherwise we're literally just wasting our times tbh

Last edited:

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
wasnt on for the event so I can't comment, but it looks like CAB had a good time though

as for rebel events, yeah if you're shooting for a full inclusive rebel scene it's gonna be hard because rebelRP isnt unified by nature, so everyone will have different views on what their events should be

if you want rebels involved in anything, speak to different cell leads, prominent members, divide a few premises and dish them out depending on who you think suits them best, or heck even just ask to see what folk would like done, then bada bing bada boom you got some insight, all you gotta do is provide an 'in' and from there it should mostly be just presenting opportunities

also yea heard that people were complaining because they wasted ammo on a shooting gallery or something, dunno what that's about but generally as a rule if you have people spend ammo you should give them something worth the while, be it replacement ammo, armor, spooky custom stuff or w/e, but honestly those kinda events just stir more trouble than they're worth

but above all, make sure it all ties in together story-wise

namaste

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
I didn't personally experience the event so my points and opinions are solely based from what I've seen on the forums.

I think that the major issue with the end of the event was the way that is was wrapped up, sort of prematurely ending a lot of what could be potential future stories and events/mini-events to write up an end to the story. Perhaps if there were something done during the speech/spoken about during the speech that would've left a larger cliffhanger, then people would've been more interested in how the event turned out and what it could become in the future. I'm not a writer, and I don't know how the story writer(s) of this event like to tell their tales, but I just think maybe something should've been left that would've made people wanting more in the future from the events that'll precede coronation.

But otherwise, I'd say it's a good event for what it sets out to be. Not everyone will like it, but that's how it goes for everything on the server. Can't make everyone happy, after all.

I'm excited to see Awakening - Emmerdale next @Blackquill

Chopchop

Nucleus
Nebulae
I didn't personally experience the event so my points and opinions are solely based from what I've seen on the forums.

I think that the major issue with the end of the event was the way that is was wrapped up, sort of prematurely ending a lot of what could be potential future stories and events/mini-events to write up an end to the story. Perhaps if there were something done during the speech/spoken about during the speech that would've left a larger cliffhanger, then people would've been more interested in how the event turned out and what it could become in the future. I'm not a writer, and I don't know how the story writer(s) of this event like to tell their tales, but I just think maybe something should've been left that would've made people wanting more in the future from the events that'll precede coronation.

But otherwise, I'd say it's a good event for what it sets out to be. Not everyone will like it, but that's how it goes for everything on the server. Can't make everyone happy, after all.

I'm excited to see Awakening - Emmerdale next @Blackquill
I know this is gonna sound horrible but you weren't at the event man, how can you give feedback on an event you "didn't personally experience"?

Repeating feedback from other players is pointless because they've already said it.

lucid

aussie battler
Nebulae
Repeating feedback from other players is pointless because they've already said it.

he’s not just parroting feedback though, he’s building off it and coming up with new ideas regarding how the event could have been run and providing possible solutions to issues

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
I know this is gonna sound horrible but you weren't at the event man, how can you give feedback on an event you "didn't personally experience"?

Well, I'm not repeating feedback.
I'm making my own, from what I've seen of others' feedback- both positive and negative.

If someone's already said the same points as me, then I apologise for repeating them. I simply didn't know it was already stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.